KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Net Neutrality might end.

Net Neutrality might end.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 02:22 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I just can't take it seriously. Both sides are pieces of shit. Someone who pretends otherwise is a delusional dweeb.

Both parties are corrupted versions of what they were intended to be but only an idiot thinks they're exactly the same.

House Vote for Net Neutrality

- For Against
Rep 2 234
Dem 177 6

Senate Vote for Net Neutrality

- For Against
Rep 0 46
Dem 52 0

One party is actively working to f*ck the US citizens over HARD when it comes to net neutrality. The voting history shows this.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 04:15 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

edit: Nevermind. The info posted was fake.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Dec 9th, 2017 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Both parties are corrupted versions of what they were intended to be but only an idiot thinks they're exactly the same.

House Vote for Net Neutrality

- For Against
Rep 2 234
Dem 177 6

Senate Vote for Net Neutrality

- For Against
Rep 0 46
Dem 52 0

One party is actively working to f*ck the US citizens over HARD when it comes to net neutrality. The voting history shows this.
Surt never responded

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:39 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
Surt never responded

I can explain what I mean. What I say is that both sides are equally shitty, but in different ways(I have said this before). This does not mean they are equally for or against every single issue. I am not saying they are evil, but the example I would give if you had two super villains. They are bad, but not all in the same way.

But speaking of net neutrality, I do have a question. What got this ball rolling? I know that the term "net neutrality" isn't new, but it does seem something shifted in the last few years.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 9th, 2017 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can explain what I mean. What I say is that both sides are equally shitty, but in different ways(I have said this before). This does not mean they are equally for or against every single issue. I am not saying they are evil, but the example I would give if you had two super villains. They are bad, but not all in the same way.

But speaking of net neutrality, I do have a question. What got this ball rolling? I know that the term "net neutrality" isn't new, but it does seem something shifted in the last few years.
So you admit that on this single issue, the Republicans and the FCC head appointed by Trump are the bad guys and the Democrats are the good guys? On this ONE issue?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:58 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you admit that on this single issue, the Republicans and the FCC head appointed by Trump are the bad guys and the Democrats are the good guys? On this ONE issue?

It's just you present this like a gotcha, like something I've never said is possible. Like I said, bad in different ways. Democrats fail on the immigration issue IMO.

And yes, I am not afraid to say it: The Republicans should not be in favor of this shit and are wrong if they are. Nor is it the only issue they are wrong on(drugs, for example).

But what about the question I asked?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

You may disagree with Democrats on immigration, but that’s not corruption.

Corruption is when Trump appoints a corporate hack to head the FCC and then every single Republican unanimously votes for Trump’s FCC net neutrality bill

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You may disagree with Democrats on immigration, but that’s not corruption.

Corruption is when Trump appoints a corporate hack to head the FCC and then every single Republican unanimously votes for Trump’s FCC net neutrality bill

I understand, I still want to know how we got here though. Do you have any clue? This is what I asked:

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:25 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Aight Surt, both sides are equally bad? Tell me what democrats have done recently which is worse than net nuetrality.

Coz net nuetrality isn't the worst republicans have done recently.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:38 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Aight Surt, both sides are equally bad? Tell me what democrats have done recently which is worse than net nuetrality.

Coz net nuetrality isn't the worst republicans have done recently.

Did Democrats do anything, perhaps in 2015, regarding this, that perhaps set the stage for this?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:57 PM
Flyattractor

All this just brings a smile to my face when I realize that the end of NN will mean the END of KMC.

Ohh how sad for so few.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 09:56 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
All this just brings a smile to my face when I realize that the end of NN will mean the END of KMC.

Ohh how sad for so few.

There is a reason I keep asking them what got this ball rolling lol. And there is a reason they avoided it. They know it wasn't the Republicans. They know exactly who set the stage for this.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:00 PM
Flyattractor

They should ask those Big Evil Capitalists that run Google and Facebook.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:02 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

There is a reason I keep asking them what got this ball rolling lol. And there is a reason they avoided it. They know it wasn't the Republicans. They know exactly who set the stage for this.

Can you explain what you are referring to?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:04 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by BackFire

Why bother. It won't get him an answer even if he does.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:05 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire

I'm hearing shit from Ben Shapiro about stuff like this:

FCC Democrats caved to Obama on net neutrality rules, Senate Republican probe finds

Seems like they set the stage for this.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh and just for giggles:

Here Are Obama's 11 Worst Regulations

Number 3:

"3. Net Neutrality. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) decided to regulate the Internet under Title II of the 1934 Communications Act, subjecting the previously unregulated industry to a wide swaths of regulations, including one that "allows the FCC to prevent any practice by an Internet access provider that the FCC believes will 'unreasonably disadvantage' an Internet user, application, or content provider," according to National Review. Net neutrality will also enable the FCC to becoming the sole authority on "which tradeoffs and business models are acceptable."

"So when providers are unsure about whether a new technology or business model 'unreasonably' harms some Internet constituency, they can submit those prospective plans to the Commission and pray for an affirmative (and timely) advisory opinion," writes George Mason University research fellow Brent Skorup. "These advisory opinions border on Kafkaesque. The FCC can decline the request for an opinion, can permit the innovation, or can require more information from the submitting party. These opaque determinations cannot be appealed, and affirmative decisions can be reversed at the agency’s whim."

I guess I just don't wanna hear whining at Republicans only.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:11 PM
Flyattractor

Crowder has a good view on it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

IOW: The golden boy Obama got the ball rolling. If folk wanna whine, you know who to start with. They won't start with it, of course, cuz...golden boy. Dude takes great family photographs though so it's cool.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:16 PM