KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » IM vs. Wonder Woman: Pure h2h

IM vs. Wonder Woman: Pure h2h
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

IM vs. Wonder Woman: Pure h2h

Ironman gets to pick his strongest suit except Hulkbuster. No weapons but he's allowed to use his thrusters.

Wonder Woman does not have any weapons though she does have her bracelets. No superspeed for WW and no energy attack from clanging her bracelets. She is allowed to fly or super jump.

As stated, this is pure h2h combat. Fight is in an open field. No bfr's. They don't know anything about each other, fight starts 50 feet from each other. Who wins?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 05:00 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

Wonder Woman's vast skill gap gives her the win.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 06:27 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Spite thread. Come on FrothByte

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 04:31 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Spite thread. Come on FrothByte

Diana is stronger and more skilled. But people forget that IM is tough enough to take tank shells without injury whereas Diana needs to take cover from bullets. Tony's AI also allowed him to outfight Cap. Then there's the fact that IM was able to go toe to toe with Thor. I don't think this match is as lopsided as you think.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 04:43 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I wouldn't say toe to toe.

He surprised Thor with a kick. ALmost every other attack was repulsor based, and then even after the 400% boost, Thor broke his gauntlet and drug him up a mountian.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 05:04 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Iron Man was actually the one who dragged Thor along the mountain. And his repulsors and other weapons on that gauntlet were still working fine, considering a repulsor blast from that same gauntlet is how he break's Thor's grip, and we see him ready his wrist rockets on both arms when Cap drops in. Thor would clearly have won in the end, but Tony's suit wasn't going down easily.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 05:37 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

As is the case with Thor in most his scuffles with the Avengers members..... he wasn't going all out.
We see in the end of the IM fight that when Thor got tiered of messing around he crushed Ironmans suit with little effort.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 06:09 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I don't think Tony could take too many of Diana's full power grapples and hits. If she's going as hard as she did against the clock tower and Ares, Doomsday and Superman he quickly gets beaten down. Because at this point I don't see Tony even hurting her h2h.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 06:11 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Inhuman
As is the case with Thor in most his scuffles with the Avengers members..... he wasn't going all out.
We see in the end of the IM fight that when Thor got tiered of messing around he crushed Ironmans suit with little effort.

Yeah, and everyone agrees that Thor would have won. But given how he was fighting at the time (i.e. not giving it full power), the fight was dragging out. But anyways, since I noticed it, the bit of that fight that sticks out the most to me is when Cap bounces his shield off Thor's forehead to get his attention. laughing

I mean I always knew Cap bounced the shield off both of them to get their attention at the end, but I never really paid any attention to where the shield actually hit Thor until relatively recently.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Nov 27th, 2017 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 06:46 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

thumb up

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 06:50 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Like the comics, Diana is invulnerable, just not to pointy/sharp things like bullets and blades. I don't know why she's like that, but that's her thing.

However, Tony has no pointy sharp things, and he doesn't hit as hard as Superman piledriving Diana's skull through the concrete, or her fight with Ares. She can eat his hits all day. And destroy him in a few.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 07:10 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by KingD19
Like the comics, Diana is invulnerable, just not to pointy/sharp things like bullets and blades. I don't know why she's like that, but that's her thing.

However, Tony has no pointy sharp things, and he doesn't hit as hard as Superman piledriving Diana's skull through the concrete, or her fight with Ares. She can eat his hits all day. And destroy him in a few.

Question is: How hard does Diana actually hit? All of her biggest hits were done with assistance from her weapons. Like her shield bash on the bell tower. What has her strongest hit been in pure h2h and is that going to be enough to damage IM's strongest armors which have been able to withstand tank shells and a hit from Mjolnir?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 07:19 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Just watched it again the last hit with heat vision was inconclusive but she did have her sword up where the beam was coming in, that's why she probably survived it.

Last edited by Inhuman on Nov 27th, 2017 at 08:04 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 07:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

WW tears him apart. She took Superman's flying headbutt without visible injury, despite it sending her literally into the street.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 09:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by FrothByte

She's very clearly more durable than concrete, so I don't see why you need to debate that point anyway. Nobody is likely to contest her being able to wreck concrete.

Which is above being bulletproof proof anyway. So don’t really see an argument for IM here.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 10:43 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Bullets penetrate concrete too or do damage to it.

Anyways in Wonder Woman she got grazed by a bullet didn't she, and she was bleeding

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 10:59 PM
Senor Cage

Wonder Woman.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 11:30 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Diana is stronger and more skilled. But people forget that IM is tough enough to take tank shells without injury whereas Diana needs to take cover from bullets. Tony's AI also allowed him to outfight Cap. Then there's the fact that IM was able to go toe to toe with Thor. I don't think this match is as lopsided as you think.
WW would turn him into scrap metal pretty fast. WW susceptibility to bullets has no bearing on her blunt force durability (as it is in the comics). She can take hits from Superman, Step, etc without much or any visible damage.

He wasn’t able to go toe to toe with Thor in h2h. He used other powers (flight, beam, etc). And Tony had 0 chance to beat Thor. Thor received no damage, Tony did. Knocking Thor around isn’t any kind of good feat.

Diana is so much faster than Thor or Cap it ain’t funny. This is a spite thread.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:11 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Nothing. But are you telling me that means she can take a tank shell to the face without issues?

See, no one is questioning that Diana is durable. What I am questioning is whether she's more durable than IM.

Tank shell shot up to high altitude you mean.
Gravitational potential energy gained = kinetic energy lost = mgh > 23000 J

1. Superman >>>>> tank shell (at point blank range)
2. Tony chest armor >>>> face armor (which was easily damaged many times)
3. IM physically from first movie >>>>> all other movies

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:26 AM