KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Afro Cheese
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Actually, it does affect you when a teen DUI, smokes, or does other things. Only if the teen does drugs while in a safe environment.
not in any direct way... Unless the drunk teen happens to hit me or someone I love

quote:
And, no, you're not affected at all when a teen has sex...IIF they have adequate sex education and liberal access to birth control.
even if they don't and give each other aids or get pregnant it most likely won't have anything to do with me

quote:
Right. Same arguments I made. All the transsexuals I personally know, knew they were the gender that they felt they were, long before puberty. At best the argument, that they are making the wrong decision about their gender, is weak. At worst, it is harmful and bigoted towards the Trans community.


However...I would rather err on the side of caution and be fearful of letting children go under the knife. Instead, allow for delayed puberty options under the watchful care of a physician.
I wouldn't even delay puberty. I feel the trans people are very likely deluded and I wouldn't advise altering a child's biology in any way based on that delusion.

Last edited by Afro Cheese on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 08:49 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 08:46 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Gender: Male
Location: Supersurfing

My sense of this situation is as follows:

Mind and body are two aspects of the same entity. This has been part of the meditative perspective for millennia, as well as modern science, and heck, even common sense points us in this direction. The notion that mind and body coexist, but somehow separately, is a holdover from the Cartesian paradigm, which, IMHO, is wrong because it stems from the ego's desire to distance itself from death, ie, to distance itself from the demonstrably frail, mortal body (not a good thing to be attached to if you like feeling immortal).

That said, gender and sex are Not unrelated. If a person feels he/she is not entirely one gender or the other, this will be reflected somehow, somewhere in the body: genetically, hormonally, etc. This also means, that unless one's body is in constant metamorphosis, *gender fluid* is a myth, a myth put forth, I suspect, by (at best) adolescent exploration/experimentation, or (at worst) snowflakes determined to be *unique*.

#worldaccordingtome


__________________

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 11:53 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Maybe someone who identifies as trans will have some sort of biological indicators of that disposition. But it seems to me that when they decide to go through a physical transition that it's essentially to "correct" the discrepancy between what they look like on the outside and what they feel like on the inside. So in these cases it seems their gender identity as they conceptualize it is actually not reflected in their emergent biology.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 11:53 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
My sense of this situation is as follows:

Mind and body are two aspects of the same entity. This has been part of the meditative perspective for millennia, as well as modern science, and heck, even common sense points us in this direction. The notion that mind and body coexist, but somehow separately, is a holdover from the Cartesian paradigm, which, IMHO, is wrong because it stems from the ego's desire to distance itself from death, ie, to distance itself from the demonstrably frail, mortal body (not a good thing to be attached to if you like feeling immortal).

That said, gender and sex are Not unrelated. If a person feels he/she is not entirely one gender or the other, this will be reflected somehow, somewhere in the body: genetically, hormonally, etc. This also means, that unless one's body is in constant metamorphosis, *gender fluid* is a myth, a myth put forth, I suspect, by (at best) adolescent exploration/experimentation, or (at worst) snowflakes determined to be *unique*.

#worldaccordingtome


As always, a very well thought out and informed post by Mindship. over 10 years later and reading your posts can still sometimes bring a surprise and joy.


__________________

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 04:36 AM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
12" Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
My sense of this situation is as follows:

Mind and body are two aspects of the same entity. This has been part of the meditative perspective for millennia, as well as modern science, and heck, even common sense points us in this direction. The notion that mind and body coexist, but somehow separately, is a holdover from the Cartesian paradigm, which, IMHO, is wrong because it stems from the ego's desire to distance itself from death, ie, to distance itself from the demonstrably frail, mortal body (not a good thing to be attached to if you like feeling immortal).

That said, gender and sex are Not unrelated. If a person feels he/she is not entirely one gender or the other, this will be reflected somehow, somewhere in the body: genetically, hormonally, etc. This also means, that unless one's body is in constant metamorphosis, *gender fluid* is a myth, a myth put forth, I suspect, by (at best) adolescent exploration/experimentation, or (at worst) snowflakes determined to be *unique*.

#worldaccordingtome


I don't disagree with any of that old pal.

-Whirly


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 08:11 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Gender: Male
Location: Supersurfing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
As always, a very well thought out and informed post by Mindship. over 10 years later and reading your posts can still sometimes bring a surprise and joy.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I don't disagree with any of that old pal.
Thank you, gentlemen.

quote: (post)
-Whirly
... KMC's guardian angel still watching over us big grin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
So in these cases it seems their gender identity as they conceptualize it is actually not reflected in their emergent biology.
"Seems" may be the operative word. As I understand it, the feeling of being in the "wrong sex" body may stem from how the brain and body developed in the womb, ie, they were not hormonally "in synch." Thus, while Caitlin Jenner, eg, may've been conceived genetically, physiologically as male, when it came time for testosterone to kick in to fully masculinize the fetus (male or female, I think it's first exposed to estrogen in the womb -- testosterone comes later), her brain, so to speak, did not get its fair share.


__________________

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:26 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

I don't think we are disagreeing. I'm saying I acknowledge there might be a biological indicator that Jenner is trans... But this still doesn't manifest itself in her looking the way she feels. Because if it did there would be no need to do hormones, surgery, etc.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:14 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Gender: Male
Location: Supersurfing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I don't think we are disagreeing. I'm saying I acknowledge there might be a biological indicator that Jenner is trans... But this still doesn't manifest itself in her looking the way she feels. Because if it did there would be no need to do hormones, surgery, etc.
Agreed. That really would be gender-fluid otherwise. I think there's a species of fish that changes sex.


__________________

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 12:54 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
12" Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship


... KMC's guardian angel still watching over us big grin

Hardly anyone is on the forum from that time now. It is actually a long time. Nice to see you are still here.


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:32 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Gender: Male
Location: Supersurfing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Hardly anyone is on the forum from that time now. It is actually a long time. Nice to see you are still here.
Those were the days, my friend. And we still have the likes of dadudemon and other, sometimes newer, colorful characters.


__________________

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 12:39 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
12" Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
Those were the days, my friend. And we still have the likes of dadudemon and other, sometimes newer, colorful characters.
Yes Dadudemon is often seen as a troll like I am, however, there is much more to him. Most of the most colourful are long gone sadly.


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:06 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble
Zombie

Gender: Male
Location: Compound

Mindship, have you had the same avatar/sig for many years now?


I predate this account and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing your sig/avi as early as circa 2007


__________________


a zombie is a small yellow flower
cinematography by thimios bakatakis

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:09 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
12" Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
Mindship, have you had the same avatar/sig for many years now?


I predate this account and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing your sig/avi as early as circa 2007


He's always had it.


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:10 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble
Zombie

Gender: Male
Location: Compound

Thought so. Been constantly impressed by his posts for the whole time I've been here, then. Major props.


__________________


a zombie is a small yellow flower
cinematography by thimios bakatakis

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:21 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
12" Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
Thought so. Been constantly impressed by his posts for the whole time I've been here, then. Major props.
Yup, he is a good guy, one of the unsung of KMC like Illadelph, Blair Wind and Leonidas down in the comics section, hell even like Kris Blaze who has a brain between his ears on most things


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:23 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Gender: Male
Location: Supersurfing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
Mindship, have you had the same avatar/sig for many years now?

I predate this account and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing your sig/avi as early as circa 2007
Heh, I was wondering how long I've had them. And it probably is earlier than that.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
Thought so. Been constantly impressed by his posts for the whole time I've been here, then. Major props.
*bows*
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Yup, he is a good guy, one of the unsung of KMC like Illadelph, Blair Wind and Leonidas down in the comics section, hell even like Kris Blaze who has a brain between his ears on most things
Do we get statues? BTW, back when I was more of a Surfer fanboy, Blaze had set me straight about the Surfer-Loki fight, so he gets his statue first.


__________________

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 10:13 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
12" Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
Heh, I was wondering how long I've had them. And it probably is earlier than that.
*bows*
Do we get statues? BTW, back when I was more of a Surfer fanboy, Blaze had set me straight about the Surfer-Loki fight, so he gets his statue first.


I think statues are a good idea, I remember when that guy did fantasy pictures of everyone, that was very good.


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 07:31 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Gender: Male
Location: Supersurfing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I remember when that guy did fantasy pictures of everyone, that was very good.
Here at KMC? I don't remember that. Who was it?


__________________

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 09:52 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
12" Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
Here at KMC? I don't remember that. Who was it?
Blight I think, he had me as an evil ernie faced Genie being released from a bottle, wish I still had it tbh.


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:37 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Gender: Male
Location: Supersurfing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Blight I think, he had me as an evil ernie faced Genie being released from a bottle, wish I still had it tbh.
Name's vaguely familiar. Must've been back in TheOmega days ('memba her?). We actually had a few KMC women then.


__________________

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Dec 8th, 2017 at 10:02 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 09:58 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 02:53 PM.
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are Gender Identify and Sexuality Directly Linked?

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.