KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » African slaves 'mutilated and cooked like kebabs' by Libya gangs

African slaves 'mutilated and cooked like kebabs' by Libya gangs
Started by: vansonbee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 13 14 [15]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Unavoidable

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Again, not saying the problem doesn’t exist, I’m saying the problem is being looked at the wrong way.

If both whites and black were color blind, then the problem of seggregation wouldn’t exist.

And if we focus instead on targeting greed instead of race, then ppl can come together blacks, whites, browns, w/e and force social change as a unified ppl instead of a bunch of scattered bickering tribalists.

As the point is to prevent oppression by the rich and poweful. Not to make oppressors more diverse. You gotta get your priorities right.
thumb up

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 08:19 PM
quanchi112 is online now! Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Again, not saying the problem doesn’t exist, I’m saying the problem is being looked at the wrong way.

If both whites and black were color blind, then the problem of seggregation wouldn’t exist.

And if we focus instead on targeting greed instead of race, then ppl can come together blacks, whites, browns, w/e and force social change as a unified ppl instead of a bunch of scattered bickering tribalists.

As the point is to prevent oppression by the rich and poweful. Not to make oppressors more diverse. You gotta get your priorities right.
Yours is a lovely plan that requires millions of people to change their feelings, perspectives and ideas. I love it, but it’s not a feasible option.

But as you yourself just agreed, racism is used by those in power. And they are able to effectively use it because they are almost unilaterally and homogeneously white, so when they do things like repeal the DREAM act which protects Mexican American children, there are no voices of protest within their own ranks. So if we break up this institution with colored voices of power and influence, we can cut the problem at its root. Already it’s happening more and more, Obama was the first step in a long road to post-racial America.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:03 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

No. My plan works. It just needs ppl in general to realize where the actual problem lies. It’ll take shift in the movement (because, the current movement wherein it focuses on racial differences was a really a mistake to begin with), but with any movement shift, it starts with the individual and then getting the message out. The problem lies in the fact that the greedy politicians have gotten you at each other’s throats so badly that you can’t see past the race smokescreen.

You seem to be under the impression that POC voted into office are not susceptible to corruption and lobbies. And that greedy whites are in office mainly to protect the US’s whiteness instead of y’’know, lining their own pockets. Sorry, but I find that absurd and kinda racist.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:18 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Nib's plan actually addresses the problem, yours doesn't.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:19 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

1) I am a big propponent of personal responsibility. Yes, the stats point to blacks being disproportionately violent and criminal. Fact is, that is true. But once these facts becomes a justification to percieve (insert race) a certain way, or be assigned blame over something it is prejudice against a race. It is racist.

2) I ageee, it is racist. You’re white. Doesn’t that feel racist to you?

Edit. You see, my point is why even have the conversation of skin color at all? When a tragedy happens (drive by or school shooting or a terrorist bomb explodes) the guilt lies in the shooter/bomber, not his race, while there might be underlying social issues that increases the likelyhood of such individuals to act thusly (poverty, lack of education, mental illness) then it these issues that should be addressed directly. “Race” is a smokescreen.

I agree they can become bad if people try to use them for reasons like saying "this shows the black race is inferior and their DNA makes them more prone to crime".

As for the thing about wit being racist against whites, I suppose so but to be honest I'm used to it lol. I know some will be triggered by that, but it is true. I am not suggesting whites are treated horribly, but I have gotten used to whites and especially white men being vilified.

I tend to get more upset if people give data out of context. Like the mass shooting thing. It is 100% true white males commit more mass shootings than other races. However, whites make up a larger part of our population than other races do. If you take the percentage of the population a group makes up into account...whites in fact do not do a majority of mass shootings lol.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 11:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote