KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How do you get your news?

How do you get your news?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

How do you get your news?

For discussion, but also an ulterior motive: I'm looking for a news source that analyzes mainstream politics with an outsiders eye. Not liberal, or conservative, but more of an anti-propagandist that exists to calls both sides out on their bullshit.

Interested to see what pops up here...

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 01:28 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

I like to talk and I like to listen = I hear things = I hear news

Talk to people about their work

I guarantee you if you talk to people about their work you will hear and find out all sorts of things your government is doing which are not on the late night news.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 03:39 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 03:49 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Washington post, Washington journal, and Nate Silver

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 05:08 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I throw letters at a wall slathered in glue and whatever ends up sticking is what I feel is today's news.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:25 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

KMC, for that no-nonsense alt-perspective. thumb up

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:09 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: How do you get your news?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
For discussion, but also an ulterior motive: I'm looking for a news source that analyzes mainstream politics with an outsiders eye. Not liberal, or conservative, but more of an anti-propagandist that exists to calls both sides out on their bullshit.

Interested to see what pops up here...

SNLs Weekend Update.
Occasionally The Daily Show, and Full Frontal.
My spouse and kids (who actually follow the news) will bring things to my attention semi regularly as well, if they think its important.
Its usually not that important.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:15 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Real time.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:01 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i typically check cnn and foxnews, partly to see how they're both framing and prioritizing the day's stories and scandals, which i consider a significant part of the overall story. other than that i'll listen to npr and frequent bbcnews' site.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:05 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I generally just see the news through whatever sources they come to me, whether that be a newspaper, the radio, a linked article, a news sidebar on an app, whatever. Then, if I'm interested in a topic that seems complex, I read multiple articles from both (or all) sides of the argument and try to figure out what the 'truth' is myself, and then start forming an opinion based on that. However, I generally try to leave my opinion unfinished so that when I have political discussion with people, and I can form it further by hearing other opinions and seeing how they relate to my initial take on things.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:08 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I approach a homeless man in the park and say "Well met". Then I repeatedly grill him about what rumors are going on.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Should ask the innkeeper, they're more reliable.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:34 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

These days I really don't seek the news out. It just finds me however it finds me.

I feel like when all the smoke and dust settles, and Trump is no longer prez, I might retroactively take great interest in what went on during this administration. But right now as it's happening it's just way too much shit for me to want to sort through. I'm basically just worn out/overwhelmed by the sheer volume of it all.

When I did try to stay current on politics/the news, Youtube was my biggest resource. I try to get a variety of sources and viewpoints on my feed intentionally (Fox, MSNBC, RT, Al Jazeera, TYT, Rebel Media etc) so that it doesn't just feed me right wing or left wing sources, but it's very hard not to let my Youtube feed turn into an echo chamber. Sometimes I browse incognito on purpose for this reason.

When in the car, I would listen to NPR while keeping in mind their leftist slant.

And lastly, this forum and other forums like this. Though this is the last one I still post on.

Last edited by Afro Cheese on Dec 5th, 2017 at 09:45 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:35 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

TV (eg, CNN, Fox, ABC), newspapers, internet.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:37 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killjoy12

Only place you can get the truth. FOX NEWS

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 01:28 AM
Killjoy12 is currently offline Click here to Send Killjoy12 a Private Message Find more posts by Killjoy12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Manchester Guardian, although it's weird women's issue shit annoys me.
New York Times
Washington Post
Daily Mail (Because I like to see what those right of Breitbart actually think)

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:13 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm subscribed to a couple independent political talk show hosts on youtube. It gets a fair amount of relevant stories into my feed, and they usually provide decent commentary. It suffices.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 07:40 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote