KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » These guys replace Captain America in the elevator

These guys replace Captain America in the elevator
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Depowered Thor means Thor from the first film, after Odin strips him of his hammer and powers and banishes him to Earth, and before he regains them when fighting the Destroyer. So, no hammer.

Okay.

He does make it out.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:42 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Okay.

He does make it out.

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:25 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I have a really tough time seeing depowered Thor making it out. I mean he is still a formidable fighter, even without his powers. But the fact that Jane's annoying sidekick's taser was able to knock him on his ass suggests that SHIELD grade taser rods are going to ruin his day.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:32 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I have a really tough time seeing depowered Thor making it out. I mean he is still a formidable fighter, even without his powers. But the fact that Jane's annoying sidekick's taser was able to knock him on his ass suggests that SHIELD grade taser rods are going to ruin his day.

To be fair, that was after he got hit by a truck. though I don't see him making it out either. the only people making it out are Luke and Spider-man.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:45 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Depowered Thor ain't making it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:17 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Silent Master
To be fair, that was after he got hit by a truck. though I don't see him making it out either. the only people making it out are Luke and Spider-man.

True.

But yeah, I am betting SHIELD versions pack a bit more punch, and there will be a bunch of them coming his way, plus 10 guys dogpiling him while also trying to cuff his arms to the elevator railing. Which is an extremely tall order for anyone who doesn't have superpowers or a bunch of fancy tech of their own.

And agree on Peter and Luke being the ones to clear.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:12 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Luke, Peter, and Logan all make it out.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:50 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Logan doesn't stand a chance.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:53 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Logan doesn't stand a chance.
he was walking off attacks from Juggernaut without any problem. I honestly don't see how these shield agents present a problem.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:23 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Because Wolverine is going to be handcuffed to the wall and unable to defend himself.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:35 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

If their teasers even hit him.

A depowered Thor is superstrong. He is still an Asgardian.

I see Thor kicking those guy's ass.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:03 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Because Wolverine is going to be handcuffed to the wall and unable to defend himself.

Thor is strong enough not to get handcuffed.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:04 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Thor is strong enough not to get handcuffed.

Cap got handcuffed though. And he's a Super-Soldier. THor is just a normal guy.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:37 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by KingD19
Cap got handcuffed though. And he's a Super-Soldier. THor is just a normal guy.

Cap got cuffed, but they couldnt stick the magnet to the metal. Check the scene.

.......You mean a normal Asgardian which is already stronger than a normal man.

Depowered Thor is superstrong.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:45 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Originally posted by Impediment
Luke and Spidey beat Cap down.
PM me i need a job from you

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:54 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Cap got cuffed, but they couldnt stick the magnet to the metal. Check the scene.

.......You mean a normal Asgardian which is already stronger than a normal man.

Depowered Thor is superstrong.

He turned him human. Thor is strong, but not super strong by any means.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:58 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by KingD19
He turned him human. Thor is strong, but not super strong by any means.

No. Odin strip thor from his powers which make him a normal Asgardian.

Normal Asgardian》》 Normal Man.

Lady Sif has shown massive feats of strength. She is a normal Asgardian.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:02 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

No. Odin strip thor from his powers which make him a normal Asgardian.

Normal Asgardian》》 Normal Man.

Lady Sif has shown massive feats of strength. She is a normal Asgardian.

Thor had a tough time matching that big SHIELD agent. Plus he got a syringe in the butt and held down with leather straps in a hospital bed. A regular Asgardian is strong enough to easily bend steel bars. Pretty sure this shows that depowered Thor is only as strong as a very strong human.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:16 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by FrothByte
Thor had a tough time matching that big SHIELD agent. Plus he got a syringe in the butt and held down with leather straps in a hospital bed. A regular Asgardian is strong enough to easily bend steel bars. Pretty sure this shows that depowered Thor is only as strong as a very strong human.

Thats a plot-hole. A movie error.

The whole Odin removing Thor's powers scene is a plot hole.

Odin himself claimed that Thor's Hammer is but a conductor of his powers.

However in Thor 1 we are let to believe it is the hammer that gives him his powers.

A "depowered thor" should be considered a normal Asgardian.

Thor 》 Normal Asgardian 》 Human

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:47 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

^ just a question, but how old are you?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:53 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote