KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Lord Of Thunder Thor vs JL Superman

Lord Of Thunder Thor vs JL Superman
Started by: Adam Grimes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

In a depowered fight Thor could destroy multiple Clark's at the same time.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 04:59 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

#Froth it would go down like his fight against Kurse.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 05:17 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Take away Thor's lightning and weapons and take away Superman's flight and speed, make them fight mano y mano and Thor will wreck Superman.

Thor got wrecked by a brick called Kurse. Kal-El would still break his neck no problem.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 05:56 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Superman does enjoy murdering people.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:12 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

Only Donner Superman.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:38 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Dceu Superman has his kill count beat by hundreds if not thousands.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:40 AM
TheGrat1

1. You said "enjoy". Show me DCEU Supes enjoying the act of killing.

2. DCEU Supes has killed Zod and Doomsday. Donner Supes killed Zod and those three goons on the island when he lifted it in Returns.
4>2

Check and mate.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:46 AM
Silent Master

He made no real effort to take his fighting away from populated areas during Man of Steel, only a retard would be unaware of the loss of life that would cause.

He obviously didn't care how many people would have to die so he could get what he wanted.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:50 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheGrat1
Thor got wrecked by a brick called Kurse. Kal-El would still break his neck no problem.

Kurse was an elven general with thousands of years of fighting experience. Who was fast enough to slap Mjolnir from blindsiding him and was skilled enough to beat Thor to the punch.

That guy may be big but he ain't no brick.

Kal-el is a farm boy with zero training who has a total of 6 fights under his belt, and all but 2 of those were against opponents below his power level. And of those 2 only 1 was against a skilled opponent.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:56 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Superman wins, hes much much faster and stronger than Thor, his best hope is that lightning but that didn't even faze Hla who; granted is of a higher caliber than Superman but not by much if you eliminate her insane regen which wasn't even needed when she got hit with Thors big shot

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 07:20 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

Originally posted by FrothByte
Kurse was an elven general with thousands of years of fighting experience. Who was fast enough to slap Mjolnir from blindsiding him and was skilled enough to beat Thor to the punch.

That guy may be big but he ain't no brick.

Kal-el is a farm boy with zero training who has a total of 6 fights under his belt, and all but 2 of those were against opponents below his power level. And of those 2 only 1 was against a skilled opponent.

He is also nowhere near Kal-El's level or strength and durability. Thor's striking without lightning is far below a Kryptonian's paygrade. Kal-El took on Faora-Ul and Nam-Ek at the same time with no speed advantage and held his own. To think he will be taken out by a hammerless, lightningless Thor is a joke. Kal could "puny god" him and there is nothing he could do about it.

Mjolnir was moving at less than 100 mph when Kurse hit it. In the DCEU, he is a brick.

Faora-Ul/Nam-Ek, Zod, Batman, Doomsday, The Justice League, Steppenwolf.

^ 3 of his battles were with beings at or above his level. Only 4 of those were all-out fights too. Between Faora and Zod only one of them is skilled? Lol. They are Bruce Lee compared to Kurse.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 07:35 AM
Silent Master

They were beaten by an unskilled farmboy, obviously their skill was nothing to write home about.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 07:38 AM
TheGrat1

He had the advantage of flight and heat vision in Smallville. He also only beat them when they separated.

Zod was kicking his ass in Metropolis. Kal-El had a puncher's chance and got it.

I don't see any of this amazing skill Kurse posesses. He walked through every Asgardian because he was stronger and tougher than them. Unless you are referring to him catching and dodging punches. Because Kal-El has done that too.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 08:00 AM
Silent Master

Getting your ass kicked by an unskilled farmboy doesn't say much for your skill level.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 08:02 AM
TheGrat1

And what does that say about Thor getting his face pounded into the dirt by Kurse and Hulk? The former shows no skill greater than Superman and the latter is a simple brute.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 08:16 AM
Silent Master

It says that not only is Thor highly-skilled but he also has very impressive durability. Meanwhile by feats Superman has been shown to have almost no hand-to-hand skills.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 08:23 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheGrat1
He is also nowhere near Kal-El's level or strength and durability. Thor's striking without lightning is far below a Kryptonian's paygrade. Kal-El took on Faora-Ul and Nam-Ek at the same time with no speed advantage and held his own. To think he will be taken out by a hammerless, lightningless Thor is a joke. Kal could "puny god" him and there is nothing he could do about it.

Mjolnir was moving at less than 100 mph when Kurse hit it. In the DCEU, he is a brick.

Faora-Ul/Nam-Ek, Zod, Batman, Doomsday, The Justice League, Steppenwolf.

^ 3 of his battles were with beings at or above his level. Only 4 of those were all-out fights too. Between Faora and Zod only one of them is skilled? Lol. They are Bruce Lee compared to Kurse.

Faora and Namek couldn't fly, had no heat vision or frost breath, had only hours of exposure to yellow sun whereas Superman had a lifetime, and both had helmets on that limited their exposure to earth's atmosphere. Like I said, not on Superman's power level.

None of JL were at Superman's power level and neither was Steppenwolf.

Only Zod and Doomsday were at Superman's power level and only Zod was skilled. Or at least he claims to be skilled. Honestly he never showed it. Plus Superman had backup against Doomsday.

Without Superman's speed advantage he wouldn't even land a hit on Thor. And I don't recall any durability feats from Superman that puts him above Hulk's durability, and Thor hurt Hulk with his fists just fine.

So having a high degree of fighting skill combined with strength and durability makes one a brick now eh? Guess the definition of brick has gone through some changes. Guess that makes the Winter Soldier a brick in your book as well.

Last edited by FrothByte on Dec 14th, 2017 at 08:55 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 08:49 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

It's rather telling that everyone including Thor fans have no problem agreeing that dceu Superman is stronger and faster than MCU Thor, however no one on the Superman side can bring themselves to admit that Thor was shown to be far more skilled.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 08:54 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Silent Master
It's rather telling that everyone including Thor fans have no problem agreeing that dceu Superman is stronger and faster than MCU Thor

Everyone?

Originally posted by Silent Master
However no one on the Superman side can bring themselves to admit that Thor was shown to be far more skilled.

That assumes that Thor being far more skilled is apparent to everyone. Hard if not impossible to prove.

Thor has shown superior skill. He has also shown to be a brawler at times. Either way, the stat gap is so extreme that skill will not matter.

WW is far more skilled than Superman - didn't help her in the movie, wouldn't help her in a forum debate here. And she is much faster than Thor.

Having said all that, Thor while being relatively more skilled, his skills are not at all impressive. When I think skill, I think of Captain America, Black Panther, not Thor. The fact that Depowered Thor beat up a few agents keeps getting brought up is a joke.

Last edited by Placidity on Dec 14th, 2017 at 09:26 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 09:20 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Other than known trolls like quan I don't know anyone that would disagree about Superman being stronger and faster.

It's not hard to prove at all, you just have to compare their various hand-to-hand feats. As an example during Thor Ragnarok he showed far more skill in his fights with the Hulk and Hela than Superman ever has.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 09:34 AM