KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tarantino possibility for Star Trek film

Tarantino possibility for Star Trek film
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
https://www.cbr.com/report-star-tre...-hemsworth/amp/

Couldnt find a Star Trek 4 thread. But apparently Chris Pine and Hemsworth are both out. Paramount claiming this franchise isnt Marvel or Star Wars, so cant afford them.

Lol Star Trek Beyond really screwed things up.

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 03:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

If they can't get Pine or Hemsworth locked down I say end the Kelvin timeline and focus on the Tarantino film. When the Tarantino film is done start another set a films set hundreds of years in the future.

Paramount has been making mistakes with the Kelvin films since STID so I don't blame the actors for playing hardball.

The cheapness of Paramount just shows how much trouble they are in as studio.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 05:02 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The problems got really bad with Beyond as into Darkness was the best. Oh well I figured this franchise couldn’t last with the pitiful trekkers bitching about every film outside the first. Beyond was a huge letdown as well. I want this to continue but at least I got a trilogy out of this if it does end this way.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 10:07 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
The problems got really bad with Beyond as into Darkness was the best. Oh well I figured this franchise couldn’t last with the pitiful trekkers bitching about every film outside the first. Beyond was a huge letdown as well. I want this to continue but at least I got a trilogy out of this if it does end this way.

It's not the trekkers making Pine and Hemsworth walk away. These millionaires just feel they aren't getting paid enough.

I loved the first two films, but I just didn't like Beyond at all.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 10:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
It's not the trekkers making Pine and Hemsworth walk away. These millionaires just feel they aren't getting paid enough.

I loved the first two films, but I just didn't like Beyond at all.
The films weren’t successful enough to justify this money. Paramount isn’t Disney. It’s a shame because I love the Kelvin timeline but always figured it wasn’t going to last.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 10:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree it's a shame. But apparently they have like 4 Star Trek shows planned for the CBS access thing.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 10:54 PM
Flyattractor

I dunno. Seems like Paramount is trying to Whore Out Star Trek much like Disney is putting Star Wars on poorly light Street Corners.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 04:05 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still though it makes me wonder which side was being unreasonable. Were Pine and Hemsworth both asking for more than could be realistically afforded? Would the film itself have to have been compromised in order to meet their needs?(Such as taking money away from other things to meet their pay) Or were the studios refusing to pay them a reasonable fee that could be afforded?

Is this a case of "oh they were offered 10 million, but want 15"? Cuz that is kinda lame. Reminds me of Bruce Willis not doing one of the expendables movie. He was offered 3 million for 4 days work. Said no he wanted a million bucks a day. Christ almighty.

I hope this isn't some shit like that. Cuz while Trek wasn't Pines first role...I feel it's what made him truly a star. He probably wouldn't have been in Wonder Woman without Trek. Nor Hell or High Water.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 11:25 AM
Darth Thor

Well when you count the home entertainment sales those first 2 Abram films were really profitable.

Its just because Beyond flopped Paramount are claiming the Franchise isnt strong enough to afford them.

I blame the critics. They gave that trash such a high score that Paramount arent even considering that they might have just made a poor film (poor in terms of entertainment at least).

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:39 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know what they were thinking with "Beyond". Nobody wants to see a whiny and depressed Kirk.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would anyone here watch a Trek without Kirk? Or with another actor playing Kirk?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 05:45 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

BRING BACK WILLIAM SHATNER

HAHAHA

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 07:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Would anyone here watch a Trek without Kirk? Or with another actor playing Kirk?

Id rather them not use Kirk then recast him. Pine really helped launch this rebooted franchise IMO.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 08:02 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

If they can't get Pine back just go with another film ahead in the timeline.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 09:09 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by playa1258
If they can't get Pine back just go with another film ahead in the timeline.

nah they'll prolly just recast

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 09:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Go with Picard in the future.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 10:05 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Go with Picard in the future.

Why bring up Picard I thought u hate trek tv shows

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 10:07 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Why bring up Picard I thought u hate trek tv shows
If they made the older cast great the same can be applied with Picard, dummy.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 10:08 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Picard's new series will be 20 years after Nemesis. Don't think we will get a Kelvin Picard

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 10:30 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Kelvin is all that matters unless someone else does something else for me.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 10:42 PM