KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (44): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by snowdragon
I thought it was he wouldn't bake a cake for their wedding is the problem, apparently he didn't have a problem serving them any of the baked goods he currently had to offer.
A cake IS a baked good. He refused to sell a gay couple a baked good because of his religion.

He wasn’t being asked to endorse gay marriage, just to supply the food.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:22 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still doubt it will happen, but I hope the baker wins thumb up

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The preceding 175 years of precedent are the basis for the last 53 years of antidiscrimination law.

You may disagree with antidiscrimination law on principle, but that is not a position reflected in case or statute.

No I specifically said I oppose antidiscrimination law specifically when it comes into conflict with the first amendment. The idea that there's no legal case to be made in favor of the baker here is bullshit.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:25 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote:
A cake IS a baked good. He refused to sell a gay couple a baked good because of his religion.

Yeah, this is a case that just reeks of a setup.

Two men walk into a bakery and ask him to bake a cake, he could have just said I'm to busy. Instead he says, look, sorry my faith etc doesn't allow me to bake a cake for your wedding however feel free to purchase any of my goods already baked.

Yeah totally seems like a legit thing to do, no wonder it's gone all the way to the supreme court

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:27 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So what you're saying is that this man should've lied instead of being upfront and honest...?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:43 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218

Okay this is getting old. Not you specifically, but the details of this. We need to know once and for all. Was it that they were asking for some random wedding cake and when he found out they were gay and it was for a gay wedding he said no?

Or was it about what they wanted him to put on the cake? This needs to be settled.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Emperordmb
So what you're saying is that this man should've lied instead of being upfront and honest...?

Nope, what I am saying is that IT SEEMS as though this is a gotcha lawsuit. It's not about the man kicking out two gay men or preventing service to them EXCEPT in regards to baking a cake specifically for their wedding.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:49 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Surtur
Or was it about what they wanted him to put on the cake? This needs to be settled.

I suppose two crossed cock and balls IS a little objectionable.....

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:51 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

No I specifically said I oppose antidiscrimination law specifically when it comes into conflict with the first amendment. The idea that there's no legal case to be made in favor of the baker here is bullshit.

The First Amendment rights of segregationists were the justification for denying black Americans their 14th Amendment rights under Jim Crow. Do we have Jim Crow laws any more? Seems like the U.S. Supreme Court already decided about the balance of rights here.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:53 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
I suppose two crossed cock and balls IS a little objectionable.....

The details do matter. What did they want on the cake?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:57 PM
Adam_PoE

The details do matter. What did they want on the cake?

Hey, *******. They did not ask for anything on the cake. How many times does this need to be repeated to you? The couple, along with the mother of one of them, were looking through a book of wedding cake options, and when the baker approached, they said they would like to order a wedding cake. The baker immediately refused, saying that he did not sell wedding cakes to gay couples. The request was literally denied within 20 seconds of being asked, per the court documents. There is no issue of artistic expression or compelled speech here. The baker categorically denied them a right to buy any wedding cake, because they are gay.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:02 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by CentaurSuperman
I don't like what youre ssaying. There is no close relationship between sexuality and religion, becuase religion was made to oppress people's sexuality **** it man. Religion exists to make people straight and tell them to only have sex with the opposite gender.

You may not like the facts but this is reality. People are still killed, for religious reasons, for being sexually attracted to the genitals of the same sex. Still. To this day.

The only way you can decouple religion and sexuality is if all religions disappear or only religions which do not explicitly get involved with human sexuality, are allowed.

Sure, religion and sexuality have interacted and dealt with each other since the beginning of humanity. But that doesn't mean sexuality is determined by religion, you are born with sexuality.

Dude, again...we agree. I just disagreed that there is no relationship there because there is a strong one. And there is a nice Christian movement that is all about gays being Christians. Which is great to me. So I do see, though a minority, good relationships between sexuality and religion.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:04 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey, *******. They did not ask for anything on the cake. How many times does this need to be repeated to you? The couple, along with the mother of one of them, were looking through a book of wedding cake options, and when the baker approached, they said they would like to order a wedding cake. The baker immediately refused, saying that he did not sell wedding cakes to gay couples. The request was literally denied within 20 seconds of being asked, per the court documents. There is no issue of artistic expression or compelled speech here. The baker categorically denied them a right to buy any wedding cake, because they are gay.

Lol, hey you smug douche: there are conflicting stories I've heard it was about the specifics. Show me the documents then.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:04 PM
Adam_PoE

Lol, hey you smug douche: there are conflicting stories I've heard it was about the specifics. Show me the documents then.

Since you are apparently incompetent, here you go.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:07 PM
dadudemon

If I was a baker, and you requested I bake a cake for your wedding, I would bake you two. That is why this Atheist/Gay/Satanist is a better Christian than you are.

Damn, you're sexy. And I'd bake you 3 cakes, dammit. One would be a tiered wedding cake and then 2 groom cakes.

Yes ^^^ thumb up these are the Christians I can get behind. Spread love and joy, not discrimination

I know, right?!?! I don't like the poopoohead Christians. sad

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:07 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Since you are apparently incompetent, here you go.

So nothing, gotcha.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:08 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Dude, again...we agree. I just disagreed that there is no relationship there because there is a strong one. And there is a nice Christian movement that is all about gays being Christians. Which is great to me. So I do see, though a minority, good relationships between sexuality and religion.
Sure, sexuality and religion have a relationship in the same way that skin color and religion have a relationship

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:13 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Sure, sexuality and religion have a relationship in the same way that skin color and religion have a relationship

Yes, depends on the religion but I would not say this relationship is as strong as sexuality control that religion brings.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:16 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by dadudemon
Damn, you're sexy. And I'd bake you 3 cakes, dammit. One would be a tiered wedding cake and then 2 groom cakes.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:16 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

That IMO is a principle that supersedes and should supersede anti-discrimination policy, and I hope that's how SCOTUS rules.

Shouldn't freedom and equality hold equal weight as primciples?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:17 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote