KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (44): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

When the heck is the decision? lol.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 09:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
When the heck is the decision? lol.

Late June I believe.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 09:03 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The f*ck? Lol. That is ridiculous.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 09:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah something around there. Could be earlier, I guess. But it'll be by then from what I understand.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 09:11 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Congrats, I understand your bigotry and lack of understanding.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 02:38 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Globalist
As a fellow liberal I would think you would be about liberty and the freedom to do as you please.
I am. The baker has the freedom to not bake the cake if he wishes, I agree.

Where I disagree is when we're talking about companies and corporations, which shouldn't have the same freedoms as human beings. Companies and corporations need a little government oversight imo, to protect the consumers.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 06:28 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Firefly218

Where I disagree is when we're talking about companies and corporations, which shouldn't have the same freedoms as human beings. Companies and corporations need a little government oversight imo, to protect the consumers.

Customers need very little protection in our current court of social justice warriors, consumer money chooses who stays open,

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 06:46 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
Customers need very little protection in our current court of social justice warriors, consumer money chooses who stays open,
I know you think you want a total corporation-driven capitalistic wonderland where government doesn't interfere, but you don't really want that.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 07:07 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I know you think you want a total corporation-driven capitalistic wonderland where government doesn't interfere, but you don't really want that.

That is false, I just don't want mom and pop shops driven down. Market factors can decide their fate, using the govt is force on everyone.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 07:23 PM
snowdragon

By the way, fricken every aspect of corp goverance is dictated by laws pushed by LARGE corporations..................the govt is complicit.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 07:26 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
That is false, I just don't want mom and pop shops driven down. Market factors can decide their fate, using the govt is force on everyone.
It does become a problem though if the only haircut salon in town doesn't serve black people, doesn't it? Or if the only dental practice in the area decides to not treat old people above the age of 60. Discrimination from "mom and pop" places can be just as harmful as from huge Insurance Companies.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 07:49 PM
Flyattractor

Especially when that "Discrimination" is Government Mandated.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 08:00 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

The company isn't baking the case, the person owning the
company is.
quote:

Strawman. He doesn't want "total" deregulation, he's Cleary arguing for "little" regulation.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Dec 13th, 2017 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 02:49 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
The company isn't baking the case, the person owning the
company is.
If the person wants to discriminate against gays in his personal life, he has the full right to do so. If he wants to discriminate against gays through his business, he's gonna get his ass regulated.

Strawman. He doesn't want "total" deregulation, he's Cleary arguing for "little" regulation.
Your interpretation of his views doesn't concern me.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:12 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Your interpretation of his views doesn't concern me.

Interpretation? You mean what he explitcly said?
quote:

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:09 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

He says quite clearly that "consumer money chooses who stays open", which in my opinion implies that he thinks the free market should take care of all humans rights violations. He also says that SJWs will protect disenfranchised consumers instead of the government, which is a bizarre at best argument for government minimalism.

And besides all that what exactly are you trying to say anyways? Because I'm not trying to get bogged down by a useless semantics debate. If you disagree with my interpretation of his comment, then so be it.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:18 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

He says quite clearly that "consumer money chooses who stays open", which in my opinion implies that the free market should take care of all humans rights violations. He also says that SJWs will protect disenfranchised consumers instead of the government, which is a bizarre at best argument for government minimalism.

If he thought the free market should take care of all humans rights violations he'd be an anarchocapitalist.

Seriously though what human rights are being violated? How is refusing to serve someone a violation of that person's life liberty or property?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:20 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

You still have not answered the critical question. Why does any third party institution have a choice as to where one's labor allocated. The product transformed by his own energy has become the material embodiment of the baker's idea and vision. The baker has placed his stamp of ownership over his creation by mixing his labor in with the clay. Everyone has a right to the labor of his body and the work of his hands. There is no externality at play here. Your own pedantic thoughts on where the baker's bread is irrelevant as you did not bake the cake. It is not your property. There is no middle ground. You either accept the right to property, or you don't. Don't beat around the bush.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:30 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
If he thought the free market should take care of all humans rights violations he'd be an anarchocapitalist.

Seriously though what human rights are being violated? How is refusing to serve someone a violation of that person's life liberty or property?
I see y'alls perspective in this case, that cakes are not a matter of life or liberty. I also agree that a person can't really be forced to bake a cake.

What irks me though is the idea that if a baker can discriminate based on sexuality, that then means a haircut salon can discriminate based on ethnicity, and going further, why can't a dentist or a grocery discriminate?

I'm open to correction on this point, but it seems to me that this is a very dangerous slippery slope.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:32 AM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

He says quite clearly that "consumer money chooses who stays open", which in my opinion implies that he thinks the free market should take care of all humans rights violations. He also says that SJWs will protect disenfranchised consumers instead of the government, which is a bizarre at best argument for government minimalism.

And besides all that what exactly are you trying to say anyways? Because I'm not trying to get bogged down by a useless semantics debate. If you disagree with my interpretation of his comment, then so be it.

There is no "human" right to one's labor. One cannot simply posit rights to actions which he finds disagreeable. You have to demonstrate a right's existence. I believe in Lockean/Aristotelian rights. Something cannot be a right if we cannot enjoy without the compulsion of another. I do not have a human right to the fruits of your labor nor do I have a right to be compensated for my grievances. This is a textbook example of Hobbesian absurdity.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:33 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote