KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (44): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
And so was Bill Clinton (and rape) but that didn't stop democrats from flocking to Bill, twice.
You didn't read my post within the context of the argument.

By saying this you're actually supporting my argument. If millions of people are willing to tolerate the bad behavior of men like Bill Clinton and Trump, then how can we trust market forces to be a morals equalizer?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:08 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Firefly218

By saying this you're actually supporting my argument. If millions of people are willing to tolerate the bad behavior of men like Bill Clinton and Trump, then how can we trust market forces to be a morals equalizer?

I did and I did understand it. You missed my point.

They are unrelated. You're drawing a connection that just is not there: hence my mention of Obama.

You are making a case for why our Oligarchical, two-party system needs to taken down.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:10 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Because we have seen then on do so on numerous occasions.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:11 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
I agree with you, it has worked on numerous occasions. But your philosophy does not guarantee justice, does it? It only argues that justice is statistically favorable.

Just because I hit a home run 5 times in a row, doesn't mean I'm gonna hit home runs forever.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:21 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

*Racist, sexist, or homophobic business does something bad*

*People proceed to lose their shit against the business or person*

And people (Firefly218) are complaining about how increasing freedom will cause us to descend into a state worse than when slavery was legal.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:22 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Firefly believes in a theoretical fantasy land. He's feelings based only. Facts don't really override how he views reality. It's pretty obvious.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:24 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

I agree with you, it has worked on numerous occasions. But your philosophy does not guarantee justice, does it? It only argues that justice is statistically favorable.

Just because I hit a home run 5 times in a row, doesn't mean I'm gonna hit home runs forever.

But it does mean that the majority of people want you to hit the home run. Which means that discriminating institutions will fall to the snare of competition.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:24 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
*Racist, sexist, or homophobic business does something bad*

*People proceed to lose their shit against the business or person*

And people (Firefly218) are complaining about how increasing freedom will cause us to descend into a state worse than when slavery was legal.

It is just silly for them to want the government to be forcing folk to make cakes.

And this won't be decided until summer lol. How many other shitty court cases like this are clogging the system?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

But it does mean that the majority of people want you to hit the home run. Which means that discriminating institutions will fall to the snare of competition.
The entire foundation of your theory relies on the morality of people, which is variable. Morality is dependent on the region, on the person, on the culture. What is acceptable and what isn't changes at the drop of a dime.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:36 PM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

The entire foundation of your theory relies on the morality of people, which is variable. Morality is dependent on the region, on the person, on the culture. What is acceptable and what isn't changes at the drop of a dime.

No, it's not. The market has an incentive to meet the needs of displaced customers, as a result, they create competition institutions to earn their vote. The fact is even in the 40's south black people were hired more often then whites.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it's not. The market has an incentive to meet the needs of displaced customers, as a result, they create competition institutions to earn their vote. The fact is even in the 40's south black people were hired more often then whites.

This is why I say just let the market take care of it.

Take a "no whites allowed" place. I'd laugh at the hypocrisy of such a thing if it didn't garner as much outrage as it would have if it was "no blacks allowed". But if you handed me temporary power from the government and said "what you wanna do" I would say let the place stay open. I would think such a place(whether it is "no whites" or "no blacks") wouldn't do well in business.

The point would come where the choice would be either change your own ways or you lose your business. Which is how it should be. If it remained successful okay, I think it would be the exception and not the rule.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by Surtur
This is why I say just let the market take care of it.

Take a "no whites allowed" place. I'd laugh at the hypocrisy of such a thing if it didn't garner as much outrage as it would have if it was "no blacks allowed". But if you handed me temporary power from the government and said "what you wanna do" I would say let the place stay open. I would think such a place(whether it is "no whites" or "no blacks") wouldn't do well in business.

The point would come where the choice would be either change your own ways or you lose your business. Which is how it should be. If it remained successful okay, I think it would be the exception and not the rule.

Exactly, I don't have a right to anyone's labor.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 03:58 PM
dadudemon

Right, this is a point I have made in this thread multiple times.

One item that is important to remember is that we do NOT live in the same country as 1820's America. It is much different. If you remove the threat of state sanctioned violence against people who wish to conduct business in a discriminatory manner, it will not result in Wild West tumbleweed taverns where "we're the only place in town and we don't take too kindly to your type around here."

That's just asinine. It just doesn't happen. Even in the most racist parts of the US where racism still happens, almost every single business owner cares more about the dollar you have rather than where you like to put your genitals or what your skin color is.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:32 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I wonder if the same people saying refusing to bake a cake is a violation of human rights would be willing to denounce affirmative action programs in college admissions... which is a form of discrimination sanctioned by the US Supreme Court.

Or the diversity quotas companies have that haven't been overturned by anti-discrimination legislation...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Dec 13th, 2017 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:45 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I wonder if the same people saying refusing to bake a cake is a violation of human rights would be willing to denounce affirmative action programs in college admissions... which is a form of discrimination sanctioned by the US Supreme Court.

Or the diversity quotas companies have that haven't been overturned by anti-discrimination legislation...

Similar points have been made already.

I wonder if these same people would be okay with forcing, via the government, a transgendered person to make an Anti-transgender themed cake?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 06:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Emperordmb

thumb up

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 06:37 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Firefly is a bit of a bigot, he believes only people from the south are racist. he's actually said that anti-discrimination laws were passed to force the south(and only the south) to accept blacks.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:20 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

And it it the Leftist Progressive Democrat Side that calls for Segregation in things like Colleges and other Activities now.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:31 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

An interesting opinion on this:

The lawyers for the cake guy seem kinda retarded.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 14th, 2017 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 07:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why should the guy participate in any capacity in something the state would not participate in? Gay marriage was not legal at the time in the state. Someone clear this up for me.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:15 AM