KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (44): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

Is this the baker who was asked for a blank cake?

Not much excuse, if that's the case. Even if this is a pretty obvious stunt (They chose a Christian baker, after all. Not likely an accident, that.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Is this the baker who was asked for a blank cake?

Not much excuse, if that's the case. Even if this is a pretty obvious stunt (They chose a Christian baker, after all. Not likely an accident, that.)

Not only that, but they claim that after they were told no they went and burst into tears over it. That just seems made up to me.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I think that anti-discrimination laws, when not overdone, are helpful in situations where the prejudice is so overwhelming you can't get market alternatives (e.g. the Deep South in 1950). I suppose, then, that federal law on the issue to some extent makes sense, but I'm not sure to what degree.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:36 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
If it's a commission, then say, for example, an artist could refuse to draw a picture or a painting that goes against their beliefs or whatever, right?

Right. In this case, he did not deny them the ability to purchase any of the premade things.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:40 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Robtard
Let's not pretend that bigotry against someone's sexual orientation is all than different that bigotry against someone's skin color, religion, sex etc.

So if baker A) can refuse to bake a cake for two men due to the baker's beliefs. Why can't baker B) refuse to bake a cake for a black man and white woman's wedding due to his beliefs? Why is one protected under "freedom" and the other is discrimination?

edit: Should also add, not sure 'freedom of religion/beliefs' covers freedom to be bigoted and deny service? Otherwise someone could refuse service to say a handicapped person and say "well, my religious beliefs" as the excuse.

There is truth in what you said, however in this particular instance it wasn't denial of service rather it was a very particular product that he didn't want to make. So while I see where someone might take that slippery slope argument however it isn't needed, it's just more govt oversight dictating actions.

There are enough social factors and the market itself that can correct outliers like this where no govt intervention is required.

If this guy had just said, sorry I'm busy then nothing would have happened. By stating his position based on his beliefs then the govt needs to intervene.....that is a problem.

Last edited by snowdragon on Feb 6th, 2018 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 10:07 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Georgia votes for adoption law that would let agencies deny gay couples.

Looks like Georgia's on a role on being awful lately.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 07:49 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Nephthys

Christian values.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 07:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Christian values.

Better those then Leftist Fascist Values.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:03 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Emperordmb
LMFAO seriously?! What a joke kek
Yeah what a phaggot, having hurt feelings over people thinking he's an affront to God and has no right to exist. thumb up

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:16 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Surtur
If the baker is very offended by this should he be forced to make it? Your answer is clearly yes lol.

Originally posted by Scribble
He runs the business, he can refuse anything he wants.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:22 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

does an orphaned child count as a custom good?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:25 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Beniboybling

Their parts do. At least according to PlannedParentHood.

Them Abortion Mills just Rake in dat Body Parts Money!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:27 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Beniboybling

I'd say its more of a produce. Home grown.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:31 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Fascists do love them dead babies.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:31 PM
dadudemon

It's sad that they have to create a law for something that should already be allowed under the First Amendment.

Stupid judicial activism.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:49 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
It's sad that they have to create a law for something that should already be allowed under the First Amendment.

Stupid judicial activism.

You're being silly. The constitution clearly states that gays need to be allowed to adopt whoever they want. This is pure fact. If you question me on it I'm gonna pick up a garbage can and throw it at a door.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 10:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
You're being silly. The constitution clearly states that gays need to be allowed to adopt whoever they want. This is pure fact. If you question me on it I'm gonna pick up a garbage can and throw it at a door.

^ This is you being a "massive phaggot" again, it's denying same-sex couples to adopt children outright

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 10:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ This is you being a "massive phaggot" again, it's denying same-sex couples to adopt children outright

You're the biggest phaggot here, get over it.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 11:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Do you even know why you're against same-sex couples adopting children, Surt? Do tell; sell me on it with logic and reason. Go.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 11:52 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not against them adopting kids. Nor am I against a religious adoption agency holding true to their values of who they want to entrust children to.

Adopting a kid is not a right. Get over it.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 11:57 PM