KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
tbf Scribble if you prefaced everything with the statement that he shouldn't be forced to do it I doubt it would've turned into this lengthy back and forth.


Old McDonald had a farm and bingo was his name-o. B I N G O, B I N G O, B I N G O and bingo was his name-o


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:32 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble
Zombie

Gender: Male
Location: Compound

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
tbf Scribble if you prefaced everything with the statement that he shouldn't be forced to do it I doubt it would've turned into this lengthy back and forth.
Why? He jumped to a conclusion I made no hints at. He assumed that me, being generally quite left, held a specific position (despite it being the type of position I've argued against before), so that seems like his own issue, there. Also, he could have just asked me in the first place. It seems silly to enter into a conversation without making your opposition's opinions clear first, and even sillier to put words into someone else's mouth.


My post was literally just:
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
Love thy neighbour, unless they're gay, I guess



If he made all of those assumptions just from that, then it's certainly not my fault, is it?


__________________


a zombie is a small yellow flower
cinematography by thimios bakatakis

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:35 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble
Zombie

Gender: Male
Location: Compound

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Hey when you're right you are right. Sort of like my "all transgenders are mentally ill, but the guy thinking he is 6 is way more mentally ill than most". I gotcha thumb up
And Non-SequiSurtur was his name-o


__________________


a zombie is a small yellow flower
cinematography by thimios bakatakis

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:38 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Gender: Male
Location: The Proud Nation of Kekistan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
Why? He jumped to a conclusion I made no hints at. He assumed that me, being generally quite left, held a specific position (despite it being the type of position I've argued against before), so that seems like his own issue, there.

You're right he did and he shouldn't have.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
Also, he could have just asked me in the first place. It seems silly to enter into a conversation without making your opposition's opinions clear first, and even sillier to put words into someone else's mouth.

He did ask you twice and you didn't respond, so I asked very clearly because the back and forth was getting warn out and I wanted to resolve it.


__________________

I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:40 PM
Emperordmb is online now! Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Bingo bango.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:41 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble
Zombie

Gender: Male
Location: Compound

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He did ask you twice and you didn't respond, so I asked very clearly because the back and forth was getting warn out and I wanted to resolve it.
I don't answer loaded questions. Your posing of the question was the first time it has been asked in a non-loaded manner, which is why I answered you.


__________________


a zombie is a small yellow flower
cinematography by thimios bakatakis

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:44 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Gender: Male
Location: The Proud Nation of Kekistan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
If the baker feels it would be very insulting to make him do this...should he be forced to do it? Yes or no.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
If the baker says making the cake would be very insulting, should he be forced to make it? Yes or no.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Should the guy be forced to make the cake if he finds it very insulting? Yes or no.

I mean, if these are loaded questions you could've still just clarified your position and called him out for loaded questions and it would've put an end to this back and forth a few posts earlier. It doesn't strike me as reasonable to obfuscate your actual position which would end the controversy of your discussion just because you don't like the way you were being asked about it.


__________________

I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:48 PM
Emperordmb is online now! Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble
Zombie

Gender: Male
Location: Compound

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean, if these are loaded questions you could've still just clarified your position and called him out for loaded questions and it would've put an end to this back and forth a few posts earlier. It doesn't strike me as reasonable to obfuscate your actual position which would end the controversy of your discussion just because you don't like the way you were being asked about it.
I was making my point clear, by trying to get away from Surtur's focus on feelings and emotions, when I was making a point about religious doctrine, not feelings or emotions. I would have happily answered if Surt hadn't been ignoring most of the point I was trying to make in the first place.

"Should the guy be forced to make the cake if he finds it very insulting?" the 'insult' had very little to do with what I was saying, so why bother answering when he was wilfully ignoring my own point?


If he'd asked "Do you think he should have been forced to make the cake for any reason at all?", then it would have been very different. As it was, I wanted to get him to at least acknowledge my point first. It's a two-sided thing, a conversation.


__________________


a zombie is a small yellow flower
cinematography by thimios bakatakis

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:54 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Gender: Male
Location: Sanctum of Innocence

A political commissar should hold a gun to his head to make sure he bakes the cake.


__________________
And from the ashes he rose, like a black cloud. The Sin of one became the Sin of many.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:42 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
A political commissar should hold a gun to his head to make sure he bakes the cake.


Indeed, and leftists say guns have no good uses...


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:43 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Nice to see that people are still more interested in scoring political points than having an open and honest debate.


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:58 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

I was listening to Ben Shapiro discuss this, he gave more details. Apparently this wasn't about the guy not wanting to sell a cake to people who would use it at a gay wedding. He was willing. It was about what the couple specifically wanted him to put on the cake. Either a pro gay message or two guys or something I dunno. But apparently it was about something they wanted him specifically to put on there.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:17 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
I don't answer loaded questions. Your posing of the question was the first time it has been asked in a non-loaded manner, which is why I answered you.

thumb up You have no obligation to play along with Surt's deflectionary tactics or his never ending search for non existent hypocrisy

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:09 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Nobody said he was obligated, next.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:58 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE
Prince of Eternia

Gender: Male
Location: Royal Palace

Look at all the retarded whataboutery in this thread.

Let's get something straight: the baker did not refuse to make a "gay" wedding cake; he refused to sell a regular wedding cake to gay customers.

This is not an issue of compelling speech from the baker. It is an issue of compelling a private business owner to sell all the products he provides to all of the public in accordance to the law.

Now maybe all you alt-right ****boys can stop white knighting for the poor, Christian baker, who thinks his magical fairytale beliefs exempt him from whatever laws he does not want to follow.


__________________

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:58 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Look at all the retarded whataboutery in this thread.

Let's get something straight: the baker did not refuse to make a "gay" wedding cake; he refused to sell a regular wedding cake to gay customers.

This is not an issue of compelling speech from the baker. It is an issue of compelling a private business owner to sell all the products he provides to all of the public in accordance to the law.

Now maybe all you alt-right ****boys can stop white knighting for the poor, Christian baker, who thinks his magical fairytale beliefs exempt him from whatever laws he does not want to follow.


So Ben Shapiro is lying? By all means, show me the source.

And nobody in this thread is alt right, try again.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:59 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble
Zombie

Gender: Male
Location: Compound

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Look at all the retarded whataboutery in this thread.

Let's get something straight: the baker did not refuse to make a "gay" wedding cake; he refused to sell a regular wedding cake to gay customers.

This is not an issue of compelling speech from the baker. It is an issue of compelling a private business owner to sell all the products he provides to all of the public in accordance to the law.

Now maybe all you alt-right ****boys can stop white knighting for the poor, Christian baker, who thinks his magical fairytale beliefs exempt him from whatever laws he does not want to follow.
While I completely understand your point, and agree with you, the cake sadly becomes a "gay cake" in the context of the argument, despite it actually just being a general wedding cake.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I was listening to Ben Shapiro discuss this, he gave more details. Apparently this wasn't about the guy not wanting to sell a cake to people who would use it at a gay wedding. He was willing. It was about what the couple specifically wanted him to put on the cake. Either a pro gay message or two guys or something I dunno. But apparently it was about something they wanted him specifically to put on there.
Well of course they wanted him to put something specific on it, it's a wedding cake. Two men, two women, it's a wedding cake either way.


__________________


a zombie is a small yellow flower
cinematography by thimios bakatakis

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:18 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Okay, but from what was said...it wasn't that he was against just selling a cake, it was that he was against what they wanted him to put on it. From the way it was described...it sounds like they wanted more then "congratulations" or something on it. But this is being presented the way Adam just claimed: that the guy just plain did not want to sell *any* cake that would be used in a gay wedding. If that is not the case that is a big detail to distort IMO. Not saying I am sure it is true.

And we also see the way people over react and doom their own arguments. "You're alt right" might as well be "you're a nazi" lol.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:23 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Gender: Male
Location: The Proud Nation of Kekistan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Okay, but from what was said...it wasn't that he was against just selling a cake, it was that he was against what they wanted him to put on it. From the way it was described...it sounds like they wanted more then "congratulations" or something on it. But this is being presented the way Adam just claimed: that the guy just plain did not want to sell *any* cake that would be used in a gay wedding. If that is not the case that is a big detail to distort IMO. Not saying I am sure it is true.

And we also see the way people over react and doom their own arguments. "You're alt right" might as well be "you're a nazi" lol.

It's not even just Ben Shapiro, it's lefty sources as well like the huffington post

And yeah it's pretty pathetic the way "alt-right" is being thrown around lol


__________________

I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:31 PM
Emperordmb is online now! Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Like I said, the baker was a moron. if he didn't want to make the cake he should have just said no, as a private business can refuse service to anyone they want.

His problem(other than being a bigot) was being retarded enough to admit his reason for refusing service. as there are laws against discriminating against protected classes.


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:43 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 08:00 PM.
Pages (22): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.