KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (44): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
tbf Scribble if you prefaced everything with the statement that he shouldn't be forced to do it I doubt it would've turned into this lengthy back and forth.

Old McDonald had a farm and bingo was his name-o. B I N G O, B I N G O, B I N G O and bingo was his name-o

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

tbf Scribble if you prefaced everything with the statement that he shouldn't be forced to do it I doubt it would've turned into this lengthy back and forth.
Why? He jumped to a conclusion I made no hints at. He assumed that me, being generally quite left, held a specific position (despite it being the type of position I've argued against before), so that seems like his own issue, there. Also, he could have just asked me in the first place. It seems silly to enter into a conversation without making your opposition's opinions clear first, and even sillier to put words into someone else's mouth.

My post was literally just:
Originally posted by Scribble
Love thy neighbour, unless they're gay, I guess

If he made all of those assumptions just from that, then it's certainly not my fault, is it?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:35 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Surtur
Hey when you're right you are right. Sort of like my "all transgenders are mentally ill, but the guy thinking he is 6 is way more mentally ill than most". I gotcha thumb up
And Non-SequiSurtur was his name-o

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:38 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Why? He jumped to a conclusion I made no hints at. He assumed that me, being generally quite left, held a specific position (despite it being the type of position I've argued against before), so that seems like his own issue, there.

You're right he did and he shouldn't have.

Also, he could have just asked me in the first place. It seems silly to enter into a conversation without making your opposition's opinions clear first, and even sillier to put words into someone else's mouth.

He did ask you twice and you didn't respond, so I asked very clearly because the back and forth was getting warn out and I wanted to resolve it.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:40 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bingo bango.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

He did ask you twice and you didn't respond, so I asked very clearly because the back and forth was getting warn out and I wanted to resolve it.
I don't answer loaded questions. Your posing of the question was the first time it has been asked in a non-loaded manner, which is why I answered you.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:44 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

If the baker feels it would be very insulting to make him do this...should he be forced to do it? Yes or no.

If the baker says making the cake would be very insulting, should he be forced to make it? Yes or no.

Should the guy be forced to make the cake if he finds it very insulting? Yes or no.

I mean, if these are loaded questions you could've still just clarified your position and called him out for loaded questions and it would've put an end to this back and forth a few posts earlier. It doesn't strike me as reasonable to obfuscate your actual position which would end the controversy of your discussion just because you don't like the way you were being asked about it.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:48 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I mean, if these are loaded questions you could've still just clarified your position and called him out for loaded questions and it would've put an end to this back and forth a few posts earlier. It doesn't strike me as reasonable to obfuscate your actual position which would end the controversy of your discussion just because you don't like the way you were being asked about it.
I was making my point clear, by trying to get away from Surtur's focus on feelings and emotions, when I was making a point about religious doctrine, not feelings or emotions. I would have happily answered if Surt hadn't been ignoring most of the point I was trying to make in the first place.

"Should the guy be forced to make the cake if he finds it very insulting?" – the 'insult' had very little to do with what I was saying, so why bother answering when he was wilfully ignoring my own point?

If he'd asked "Do you think he should have been forced to make the cake for any reason at all?", then it would have been very different. As it was, I wanted to get him to at least acknowledge my point first. It's a two-sided thing, a conversation.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:54 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

A political commissar should hold a gun to his head to make sure he bakes the cake.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:42 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
A political commissar should hold a gun to his head to make sure he bakes the cake.

Indeed, and leftists say guns have no good uses...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:43 PM
Silent Master

Nice to see that people are still more interested in scoring political points than having an open and honest debate.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:58 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was listening to Ben Shapiro discuss this, he gave more details. Apparently this wasn't about the guy not wanting to sell a cake to people who would use it at a gay wedding. He was willing. It was about what the couple specifically wanted him to put on the cake. Either a pro gay message or two guys or something I dunno. But apparently it was about something they wanted him specifically to put on there.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:17 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I don't answer loaded questions. Your posing of the question was the first time it has been asked in a non-loaded manner, which is why I answered you.

thumb up You have no obligation to play along with Surt's deflectionary tactics or his never ending search for non existent hypocrisy

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:09 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nobody said he was obligated, next.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:58 PM
Adam_PoE

Look at all the retarded whataboutery in this thread.

Let's get something straight: the baker did not refuse to make a "gay" wedding cake; he refused to sell a regular wedding cake to gay customers.

This is not an issue of compelling speech from the baker. It is an issue of compelling a private business owner to sell all the products he provides to all of the public in accordance to the law.

Now maybe all you alt-right ****boys can stop white knighting for the poor, Christian baker, who thinks his magical fairytale beliefs exempt him from whatever laws he does not want to follow.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:58 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Let's get something straight: the baker did not refuse to make a "gay" wedding cake; he refused to sell a regular wedding cake to gay customers.

This is not an issue of compelling speech from the baker. It is an issue of compelling a private business owner to sell all the products he provides to all of the public in accordance to the law.

Now maybe all you alt-right ****boys can stop white knighting for the poor, Christian baker, who thinks his magical fairytale beliefs exempt him from whatever laws he does not want to follow.

So Ben Shapiro is lying? By all means, show me the source.

And nobody in this thread is alt right, try again.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:59 PM
Scribble

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

While I completely understand your point, and agree with you, the cake sadly becomes a "gay cake" in the context of the argument, despite it actually just being a general wedding cake.
I was listening to Ben Shapiro discuss this, he gave more details. Apparently this wasn't about the guy not wanting to sell a cake to people who would use it at a gay wedding. He was willing. It was about what the couple specifically wanted him to put on the cake. Either a pro gay message or two guys or something I dunno. But apparently it was about something they wanted him specifically to put on there.
Well of course they wanted him to put something specific on it, it's a wedding cake. Two men, two women, it's a wedding cake either way.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, but from what was said...it wasn't that he was against just selling a cake, it was that he was against what they wanted him to put on it. From the way it was described...it sounds like they wanted more then "congratulations" or something on it. But this is being presented the way Adam just claimed: that the guy just plain did not want to sell *any* cake that would be used in a gay wedding. If that is not the case that is a big detail to distort IMO. Not saying I am sure it is true.

And we also see the way people over react and doom their own arguments. "You're alt right" might as well be "you're a nazi" lol.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:23 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Okay, but from what was said...it wasn't that he was against just selling a cake, it was that he was against what they wanted him to put on it. From the way it was described...it sounds like they wanted more then "congratulations" or something on it. But this is being presented the way Adam just claimed: that the guy just plain did not want to sell *any* cake that would be used in a gay wedding. If that is not the case that is a big detail to distort IMO. Not saying I am sure it is true.

And we also see the way people over react and doom their own arguments. "You're alt right" might as well be "you're a nazi" lol.

It's not even just Ben Shapiro, it's lefty sources as well like the huffington post

And yeah it's pretty pathetic the way "alt-right" is being thrown around lol

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:31 PM
Silent Master

Like I said, the baker was a moron. if he didn't want to make the cake he should have just said no, as a private business can refuse service to anyone they want.

His problem(other than being a bigot) was being retarded enough to admit his reason for refusing service. as there are laws against discriminating against protected classes.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:43 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote