KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (44): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
Well, yeah. None of this stuff I mentioned happens in them because we have our current laws in place. If things worked the way you described, they would.

No, those things didn't happen even during Jim Crow era. Sure, some...but not many. They wanted their money. So they put them in other places.

Very few had the "No Negroes" and "No Irish" signs.

I personally just wouldn't want to live in a country where humans rights violations were allowed to happen because of some misguided sense of 'freedom', a sense of freedom that ignores many other people's freedom to have basic access to the things humans need to survive.

There's the problem: they wouldn't be violations.

So you'd rather live in a country where your drinks and food get spit in or pubes get put in them because they are racist but don't advertise it? I'd rather avoid those places.

I don't. I prefer the freedom and options to vote with my money and social media. I can't do that, now. Not readily. I don't like these secret racists. Let them come out.

Like, imagine being in a country with laws like you've described, but one where white people are frequently discriminated in in such a way. You live there, and you're travelling. It's a big place. You're tired, you're hungry, you just want a burger and a coffee to keep you on the road. The smartphone GPS has no info for the town you're travelling through, so you have to hope for the best. You're denied entrance to every shop, so no burger. No coffee places open to 'your kind' either. Well, better find a motel. Except all the nearby motels have the sign "No whites, no dogs" in the window. So you have to park in some run-down parking lot and sleep rough in the boot. Good thing you didn't have the kids with you.

But hey, thank god for freedom.

Oh, you mean exactly like how it is in Japan where they won't feed white "Gajins" and turn them away?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:09 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's simply not true ^^^, federal laws had to be passed to force the entire south to accommodate black people.

And many times it wasn't even the businesses fault. They wouldn't serve black people because if they did, their other white customers would no longer come

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:14 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by dadudemon
No, those things didn't happen even during Jim Crow era. Sure, some...but not many. They wanted their money. So they put them in other places.

Very few had the "No Negroes" and "No Irish" signs.

There's the problem: they wouldn't be violations.

So you'd rather live in a country where your drinks and food get spit in or pubes get put in them because they are racist but don't advertise it? I'd rather avoid those places.

I don't. I prefer the freedom and options to vote with my money and social media. I can't do that, now. Not readily. I don't like these secret racists. Let them come out.

Oh, you mean exactly like how it is in Japan where they won't feed white "Gajins" and turn them away?
Yeah, just like those places in Japan. They sound bloody awful. What's your point?

Those circumstances may be exaggerated, but they're rooted in reality. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...es-were-no-myth (that's a UK source)

Why wouldn't they be violations? Because they aren't seen as such in the country? I think all of the human rights councils of the world would likely disagree.

The spitting in the burger stuff, okay, so is that pure conjecture? You say that stuff happening in the Jim Crow era is exaggerated, and then rely on pure hearsay and conjecture to prove a point? Doesn't seem like a good tactic to me.

Like I say, I get your overall point, and it'd be great if it could work that way. But if racism is seen as a totally fine thing to practice, it'll never go away, and it would only enhance cultural and social separation and create areas where racism is seen as the norm and as a totally fine thing, and not the excuse to treat people like shit for no reason that it actually is.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:14 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Firefly218
That's simply not true ^^^, federal laws had to be passed to force the entire south to accommodate black people.

And many times it wasn't even the businesses fault. They wouldn't serve black people because if they did, their other white customers would no longer come

So only the South had to be forced to accommodate black people?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:27 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
So only the South had to be forced to accommodate black people?
Reconstruction era policies were specifically geared towards the states which seceded from the union, all of which were in the south.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:31 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yeah, just like those places in Japan. They sound bloody awful. What's your point?

Those circumstances may be exaggerated, but they're rooted in reality. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...es-were-no-myth (that's a UK source)

Why wouldn't they be violations? Because they aren't seen as such in the country? I think all of the human rights councils of the world would likely disagree.

The spitting in the burger stuff, okay, so is that pure conjecture? You say that stuff happening in the Jim Crow era is exaggerated, and then rely on pure hearsay and conjecture to prove a point? Doesn't seem like a good tactic to me.

Like I say, I get your overall point, and it'd be great if it could work that way. But if racism is seen as a totally fine thing to practice, it'll never go away, and it would only enhance cultural and social separation and create areas where racism is seen as the norm and as a totally fine thing, and not the excuse to treat people like shit for no reason that it actually is.

Point is, they still get a shitload of tourists "just passing through." It's obviously no where even close to as bad as you think it is. So what? Go somewhere else. Spend your money at another place that is not shitty.

Right, I did talk about that: they existed. But they were rare. They still want money.

You're correct. Not violations. Not human rights violations. Unless you want to say the UN is cracking down on Japan?

No, not pure conjecture. Talk to any well-traveled black man. Probably any will do. They will have at least one story to share with you. Out of the millions of encounters, there's at least one racist story to share. It's too bad that you dismiss real discrimination, though. It sucks that you prefer silent abuses over making known who is racist.

If what you said was correct, then racism would have gone away. Here's the problem: humans are naturally racist. This has been studied long enough that it's fairly obvious we're just doomed to always be racist. It has to be trained out of us. Unless we modify the tribalism out of our genes.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:32 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Reconstruction era policies were specifically geared towards the states which seceded from the union, all of which were in the south.

So that's a yes?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:32 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

So that's a yes?
I'm not gonna hold your hand, bye

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:34 AM
Scribble

Point is, they still get a shitload of tourists "just passing through." It's obviously no where even close to as bad as you think it is. So what? Go somewhere else. Spend your money at another place that is not shitty.

Right, I did talk about that: they existed. But they were rare. They still want money.

You're correct. Not violations. Not human rights violations. Unless you want to say the UN is cracking down on Japan?

No, not pure conjecture. Talk to any well-traveled black man. Probably any will do. They will have at least one story to share with you. Out of the millions of encounters, there's at least one racist story to share. It's too bad that you dismiss real discrimination, though. It sucks that you prefer silent abuses over making known who is racist.

If what you said was correct, then racism would have gone away. Here's the problem: humans are naturally racist. This has been studied long enough that it's fairly obvious we're just doomed to always be racist. It has to be trained out of us. Unless we modify the tribalism out of our genes.
I do see a lot of your points, and agree a fair bit, to be honest. I think the sad part is that although I do not think things would work in your scenario, I also don't think things are working as they are now. Trading in one shit world for another seems like another chain in a cycle of awfulness. I don't really know which I'd prefer, because I speak from a position of privilege and have not experienced racism towards me since I left secondary (read: high) school. From an attempted 'objective' view: secret racism or up-front racism, which do I prefer? I don't know, they both sound shit.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:36 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You're running away because you know that the South isn't the only part of the country that needed to be forced to accept black people, you're just not man enough to admit it.

Keep being a bigot.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:38 AM
dadudemon

What's not true, the fact that "No Negroes" and "No Irish" signs were very rare even during the racist of racism times? Because what I said is true. Are you familiar with Jim Crow laws? No, I am not being condescending. Many cofuse what they were.

And look at how forcing desegregation has worked out for us! Schools seem more segregated than ever, right?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:39 AM
dadudemon

So that's a yes?

Well, if you did hold his hand and wanted it on a cake, I know at least cake baker who would turn you away. big grin

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:42 AM
Silent Master

Well, if you did hold his hand and wanted it on a cake, I know at least cake baker who would turn you away. big grin

He is a massive bigot and didn't like that I was pointing it out.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:49 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah as if letting people who do commissioned expressive works choose not to perform acts of artistic expression they do not agree with is going to return us to the time of Jim Crow and make black people starve to death.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 05:02 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah as if letting people who do commissioned expressive works choose not to perform acts of artistic expression they do not agree with is going to return us to the time of Jim Crow and make black people starve to death.

Whether Jim Crow laws would come back isn't relevant. The principle remains the same. If it was ok to prevent businesses from discriminating against black people, why isn't it ok to stop them from discriminating against gays?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:40 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I agree with dadoodoo, racists are bad. So let's give their views legal rights and protections. sad

Last edited by Beniboybling on Dec 6th, 2017 at 06:50 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:42 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

And look at how forcing desegregation has worked out for us! Schools seem more segregated than ever, right?

That's cause we stopped. When we were implementing integration, both the scores of white and black kids improved. However white families not wanting black kids to go to their school pressured the government to stop integration anyway. The government gave in to that race-motivated pressure, and here we are today.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:58 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

On the topic of cakes and other baked goodies, I'm inclined to support the idea of refusing a service based on an opposition to the message. For example if an alt-brony wanted me to make them a swastika cake, or a member of the Westboro bapist church a "god hates f*gs cake", I'd like to be allowed tell them to f*ck off.

On the other hand that's because those messages encourage discriminatory and hateful practices, not because they support extending the institution of marriage to gay people. I feel as if somewhere we need to draw a line around what is acceptable and not acceptable to refuse.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 07:06 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I agree with dadoodoo, racists are bad. So let's give their views legal rights and protections. sad

You don't agree with me. I don't want that. That's a strawman.

They already have the right to be racist. smile

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 02:51 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Whether Jim Crow laws would come back isn't relevant. The principle remains the same. If it was ok to prevent businesses from discriminating against black people, why isn't it ok to stop them from discriminating against gays?

You're right. I want businesses to be able to do both. And more!

I want businesses to be able to be as racist and as atrocious as possible in their view/who they serve.

It would be great if no one could dictate their beliefs on other people, right? Go ahead, spin this around somehow. But it just doens't work.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 02:53 PM