KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The single greatest feat to date?

The single greatest feat to date?
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Also, trying to compare something that clearly took time, coordination and numbers on behalf of the Sentinels to individual planet buster attacks, for example, is creating false equivalence IMO. Using that type of logic, Asgard bringing the Nine Realms under its control is a single feat.

But it is obvious what the OP is trying to do. Individually, the Future Sentinels have zero onscreen combat feats that put them up there with the really heavy hitters, so he has to resort to this type of thread in order to put them on that tier.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Dec 5th, 2017 at 04:01 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:58 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

You wanking the sentinels so hard they actually ejaculate.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:58 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Also, trying to compare something that clearly took time, coordination and numbers on behalf of the Sentinels to individual planet buster attacks, for example, is creating false equivalence IMO. Using that type of logic, Asgard bringing the Nine Realms under its control is a single feat.

But it is obvious what the OP is trying to do. Individually, the Future Sentinels have zero onscreen combat feats that put them up there with the really heavy hitters, so he has to resort to this type of thread in order to put them on that tier.

Planets don't fight back (unless its Ego)...

Superhumans typically do, so there is an argument to be made...

Also, you cant ignore a movies story in favor of going solely on screen feats...

The story of Days of Future Past made it clear the threat level the Sentinels possessed...

They were extremely effective superhuman killers...

You cant ignore the story no matter how hard you try...

The Sentinels were very, very, very dangerous...

That's a fact...

smile

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:50 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Planets don't fight back (unless its Ego)...

Superhumans typically do, so there is an argument to be made...

Also, you cant ignore a movies story in favor of going solely on screen feats...

The story of Days of Future Past made it clear the threat level the Sentinels possessed...

They were extremely effective superhuman killers...

You cant ignore the story no matter how hard you try...

The Sentinels were very, very, very dangerous...

That's a fact...

smile

Except I never once ignored what they did. Nor did I try to. All I said was that trying to compare feats that are actually individual actions to feats that aren't is a false equivalence. So, good job lying about my post.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:05 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Except I never once ignored what they did. Nor did I try to. All I said was that trying to compare feats that are actually individual actions to feats that aren't is a false equivalence. So, good job lying about my post.

Yeah, you trying to downplay their feat of driving the mutant race to the brink of extinction...

But you cant deny that it happened; the story tell us this...

So yeah, their feat of doing this does put them in the upper echelon; this feat certainly dawrfs the large majority of the Marvel and DC cinematic universes...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:06 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The giant alien from Men in black playing marbles with galaxies

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:11 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Yeah, you trying to downplay their feat of driving the mutant race to the brink of extinction...

But you cant deny that it happened; the story tell us this...

So yeah, their feat of doing this does put them in the upper echelon; this feat certainly dawrfs the large majority of the Marvel and DC cinematic universes...

I never claimed they didn't kill most of the mutant race. I never claimed they weren't effective at what they were meant to do. So, no, at no point did I downplay or deny what happened. You continually insisting I did is a blatant lie, which is obvious to anyone reading my posts without fanboy goggles on.

But, like most of your Sentinel threads, this one is designed purely to rub another one out to your favourite fap material. So, I am not surprised.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:23 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Superman flying the whole planet back in time always seemed like a decent feat to me.

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:57 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Magneto damn near destroying the planet in Apocalypse

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:04 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Superhero genre?

Surfer 1-hit KOing Galactus with a near-planet sized explosion.

Reeve Superman moving the moon to create an eclipse/time travel.

Non-superhero?

I’d say marble-galaxy alien also. Haven’t seen anything above that.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 09:25 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Aliens from Independence Day have defeated many worlds including those with advanced tech.

Aliens from Edge of Tomorrow - assuming they have successfully invaded other planets already. Also have time-manipulation abilities.

Skynet - Not as good as Sentinels' feat, but also have time-travel capabilities.

Someone mentioned Galactus - I would add the Silver Surfer to the list. Afterall, he eliminates any resistance from the many worlds that Galactus then "consumes".

Parallax - destroyed many worlds apparently. Don't remember clearly.

Christoper Reeves Superman / Smallville Clark - Flies faster than light speed to reverse time, moves a planet.

Professor X - Using Cerebro, attacks everyone on the planet at once. Would've killed them if not stopped.

Probably Dr Manhattan - not sure which feat is most impressive.

Genie from Aladin - need I say anything?

Dragon Ball / Battle of gods (movie) - Regular Frieza explodes the Earth in an instant - and survives.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:47 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Nice Challenge!

Eson the Searcher destroyed an entire planet.

Dormammu has conquered hundreds of planets.

Ego the Living Planet germinated its seeds in sever planets. If we add all the planets and the casualties result of this the numbers should be high.

Hela conquered several planets along with Odin killing countless lives.

Thats for the MCU.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:51 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, as I pointed out earlier, if we count group conquest as an individual feat, then the Asgardians conquering nine different planets which, according to Hela, "drowned entire civilisations in blood and tears" to create the Asgardian empire (an empire which stood for over a thousand years, based on the timeline we have in the MCU) is a decent feat. Especially when most of the races in the Nine Realms are physcially superior to humans.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:56 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Yeah, as I pointed out earlier, if we count group conquest as an individual feat, then the Asgardians conquering nine different planets which, according to Hela, "drowned entire civilisations in blood and tears" to create the Asgardian empire (an empire which stood for over a thousand years, based on the timeline we have in the MCU) is a decent feat. Especially when most of the races in the Nine Realms are physcially superior to humans.

thumb up

Could also bring the Kree Empire.

Sentinels would fall short.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:00 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote