KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel

Trump recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
It's more than that, it's what I predicted, fighting in the streets and the Israel war machine turned on the Palestinians.

Exactly what Islamic terrorist groups and the Far-Right warhawks in the Israeli government want.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 08:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Exactly what Islamic terrorist groups and the Far-Right warhawks in the Israeli government want.

I'm no modern day profit like Stop the Hate, but I know the Middle-East this will spread throughout the region, the end game could be aimed anywhere but I guarantee blood and fire like so often before. I also guarantee profit for the usual suspects.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 08:46 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I'm no modern day profit like Stop the Hate, but I know the Middle-East this will spread throughout the region, the end game could be aimed anywhere but I guarantee blood and fire like so often before. I also guarantee profit for the usual suspects.
Nobody really comes to the Palestinians defense in the Middle East do they? Israel is much too powerful militarily to be fuked with, Hezbollah learn that lesson each time they remotely try something. I think Iran is too busy piss fighting with the Saudis and I’ve never heard of ISIS even attempting to draw the ire of Israel. But who knows what’ll happen, this isn’t gonna go well...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 08:56 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Surtur
It's not about hurt feelings, it's about thinking we need to dictate what we do based on how some Islamic terrorists will react. That is what I find bogus. "Don't provoke them".
That's not what this is about. It's about the fact that Israel does not have the right to assert Jerusalem as its capital. It is a multicultural city with many religions, primarily Abrahamic ones living there, and many ethnic groups too. The idea of Israel claiming the capital as its own is essentially an act of war, and generally when someone tries to take someone else's home, that's an act of war regardless of religion or nationality. Trump is essentially fanning the flames of war, for no good reason.

Not all Islamic terrorists are the same. Isis for example is taking the 'jihad' overseas and are a particular type of Islam-driven terrorism; whilst Hamas are terrorists who see themselves as freedom fighters against an invading force, and they are also Muslim. They're much more comparable to the IRA than Al Qaeda.

I think it was Adam who said you were uninformed on this topic and I have to agree, you are showing very little background knowledge on the topic. Previous aims were not to 'stop Islamic terrorism', they were to try to resolve border and territory disputes. Trump, taking one particular side, is going to damage many years of work towards a two-state solution, which is seen as the most positive outcome in the situation and the one that causes the least amount of death and destruction.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 09:02 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Scribble
Trump, taking one particular side, is going to damage many years of work towards a two-state solution, which is seen as the most positive outcome in the situation and the one that causes the least amount of death and destruction.

You know which groups are very against the idea of the two-state solution? (I know you know)

Answer: Islamic terrorist groups and the Far-Right warhawks in the Israeli government

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 09:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

But we CAN hold Trump responsible for how Islamic radicals react?

Yes, because Trump's actions have directly caused that. On the other hand, a child who dies of starvation in palestine has done nothing to provoke either leader and bears no responsibility for the actions of terrorists.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 09:26 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

You know which groups are very against the idea of the two-state solution? (I know you know)

Answer: Islamic terrorist groups and the Far-Right warhawks in the Israeli government
I'm not sure if Surtur knows enough about the situation to know about the terrorist activities many in the Israeli government and military support and enact. He just hears 'Islam' and sees red from what I can tell. Which is a shame, because the topic of Israel / Palestine is a massively complex one and Hamas are just one tiny part of it. But that's all he's focusing on.

I may as well put forward my general view on the topic: I believe Israel has a right to exist, but I fervently disagree with Zionism (just as I disagree with radical Islam and Christian extremism). I think the implementation of the state of Israel was sloppily handled right from the outset, but I still believe a two-state solution is possible, despite the continuing extremism and violence that sects on both sides continue to carry out. The news of Trump's endorsement of Jerusalem as Israel's capital is, as such, a huge blow to the efforts of many other people and groups to bring about a fair solution (and thus peace), and personally I consider it one of the most irresponsible things he has done as president thus far.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 09:29 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Can't say I disagree except (imo) labeling what Trump did here as "irresponsible" is wrong, it's disastrous. There's a reason why past US presidents have not done this and experts of the region say "but why?". It puts the US in a position where it can no longer play mediator, it puts everyone not an Israeli in Jerusalem on notice, it specifically shits on the Palestinians and they've been shit on for a long time and it serves as a rallying cry for Islamic extremist.

I mean, what's the positives here except to give Israel a 'feel-good' feeling? They certainty don't need it from a military or diplomatic standpoint, they already hold all those advantages. I've yet to see a reason from Trumpers other than "it was a promise Trump made", which is just insane when you factor in the negatives.

Edit: I'm actually curious if Ivanka/Jared had a hand in this, whispering in Trump's ear. Kushner's an orthodox Jew and likely an "Israel is for the Jews" proponent. Not that it matters, it was Trump's call in the end

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 8th, 2017 at 09:46 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 09:40 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

"truwmp is just fulfilling his promises"

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 09:46 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote:
Israeli forces killed at least one Palestinian and wounded hundreds of others in clashes across the occupied territories on Friday. There were no reports of Israeli injuries at the time of writing.

Mahmoud Al-Masri, 30, was killed in clashes on the border area of Khan Younis in the Gaza Strip during a demonstration in response to President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. A second man, also wounded by IDF fire in Gaza, was in critical condition. The Israeli military said in a statement that soldiers had "fired selectively at two main instigators" of the "violent riots."

Several thousand Palestinian demonstrated in the West Bank and Gaza, including in Jerusalem, Ramallah, Rafah, Hebron, Khan Younis, Jabaliya, and Nablus, after Palestinian factions called for a "Day of Rage." Dozens were arrested by Israeli security forces, as protestors threw Molotov cocktails and rocks, while burning Israeli and U.S. flags, and stomping on posters of the U.S. president.

In Jerusalem, clashes broke out between Palestinian worshippers at Damascus Gate, after tens of thousands attended Friday noon prayers at Al-Aqsa Mosque. Protests were also held in the Israeli cities of Umm al-Fahm, Kalansaua and Kafr Kana. One man was arrested on suspicion of throwing rocks in the city of Nazareth, where a protest was also held, according to Haaretz.

Meanwhile on Friday, Palestinian militants fired three rockets at Israel from the Gaza Strip on Friday night. The first rocket was intercepted by Israel's Iron Dome missile defense system. A short while later a second rocket launch was identified, however it is not currently known where the rocket landed, while the third rocket exploded in the southern Israeli city of Sderot.

In retaliation, the Israeli Air Force reportedly attacked a Hamas training compound and arms warehouse in Gaza, wounding 25, including children, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health.
https://972mag.com/israeli-army-kil...clashes/131353/

For God's sake.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 09:50 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Beniboybling
"truwmp is just fulfilling his promises"

Do also wonder what the Alt-Right squad thinks of this, as it's clearly an "America holds Israel above others first" gesture and those Alt-Right goons certainly do not like Jews one bit.

Remember Christopher Cantwell (aka Cying Nazi Snowflake)? He was very against Trump having a Jewish son-in-law. He was part of the "Jews will not replace us!" march, iirc.

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 8th, 2017 at 09:57 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 09:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

https://972mag.com/israeli-army-kil...clashes/131353/

For God's sake.

Meh, I'm sure those children deserved it somehow.

But this is just the beginning. Maybe Trump's idea of "bringing peace to the Middle-East" is having US funded Israel kill every non-Jew/Israeli and then there will be peace I guess?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 09:57 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Edit: I'm actually curious if Ivanka/Jared had a hand in this, whispering in Trump's ear. Kushner's an orthodox Jew and likely an "Israel is for the Jews" proponent. Not that it matters, it was Trump's call in the end

From what I've heard, Jared has been pushing for this, yes. Kushner was just caught being one of the heads of an organisation that was funding illegal Isreali settlements afterall. But mostly the one pushing for this was Trump's top donor, Sheldon Adelson. He's been pushing Trump to do this for months and has constantly been complaining that Trump isn't doing this.

So really, while it was Trump's call ultimately, in reality its likely that the only reason hes doing this is to satisfy his donors. He announced his plans for this privately to his donors a week ago, before anyone else heard about it. All his cabinet have been telling him not to do this but he's bought and paid for in complete contrast to his campaign promises. Sheldon Adelson is the one you want to look to as the impetus for this imo. Trump himself has evidenced that he knows very little about any of this and is just following orders.

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 8th, 2017 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:01 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Do also wonder what the Alt-Right squad thinks of this, as it's clearly an "America holds Israel above others first" gesture and those Alt-Right goons certainly do not like Jews one bit.

Remember Christopher Cantwell (aka Cying Nazi Snowflake)? He was very against Trump having a Jewish son-in-law. He was part of the "Jews will not replace us!" march, iirc.
Well I'm reading up on the Israeli-Palestian conflict because I don't know much about it, and it seems to be that the Israelis essentially support a kind religious fundamentalism, and a form of governing that would treat non-Jewish people as second class citizens. How on Earth is this something the US, the supposed land of the free and what not, throw their full support behind? erm

And how is that Islam is the only religion that doesn't get a free pass on this?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:02 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

It also seems apparent to be that this has very little to do with radical Islamic terrorism, aside from an issue they can band wagon themselves onto to propagate anti-west sentiments and radicalise people. Which of course, Trump is feeding into.

What a farce.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Well I'm reading up on the Israeli-Palestian conflict because I don't know much about it, and it seems to be that the Israelis essentially support a kind religious fundamentalism, and a form of governing that would treat non-Jewish people as second class citizens. How on Earth is this something the US, the supposed land of the free and what not, throw their full support behind? erm

And how is that Islam is the only religion that doesn't get a free pass on this?

I spent 11 days in Israel, was fortunate enough to see several cities/towns going up and down the country, it's rather beautiful and the historical aspects are amazing.

But there is absolutely a 'you're-not-equal-to-us' feeling in regards to non-Jews there; mostly focused against Arabs/Muslims. They're viewed similar in a fashion as many in the US view Mexican immigrants, good for cheap labor and jobs deemed menial, but f--k you if you want a piece of the pie. The Hasidic Jews are the worst offenders of this, even moderate Jews are held in contempt by them.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have we seen any major violence yet?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Have we seen any major violence yet?

Define major here?

But just you wait, this isn't going to start getting better any time soon, if ever now.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:14 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Nephthys
From what I've heard, Jared has been pushing for this, yes. Kushner was just caught being one of the heads of an organisation that was funding illegal Isreali settlements afterall. But mostly the one pushing for this was Trump's top donor, Sheldon Adelson. He's been pushing Trump to do this for months and has constantly been complaining that Trump isn't doing this.

So really, while it was Trump's call ultimately, in reality its likely that the only reason hes doing this is to satisfy his donors. He announced his plans for this privately to his donors a week ago, before anyone else heard about it. All his cabinet have been telling him not to do this but he's bought and paid for in complete contrast to his campaign promises. Sheldon Adelson is the one you want to look to as the impetus for this imo. Trump himself has evidenced that he knows very little about any of this and is just following orders.

Actually, the Adelson connection makes perfect sense. What a shitshow.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Define major here?

But just you wait, this isn't going to start getting better any time soon, if ever now.

Things becoming drastically worse than before.

And if within the next month or so we do not see a drastic increase in violence, what then?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote