KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel

Trump recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
Yeah, you pretty much suck for promising something and not following through in the scenario you posed. I would never promise my daughter a pony because I know I'm not giving her one. lol

I would have assumed these people would have told them of the ramifications of this move before they proposed it, but they said it anyway. I don't the issue really. Isn't their parliament there?

The State Department warned against it for one. But what do they know I guess.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I just don't see why he gets the flak for it when the past three Presidents said the same thing. It's not like this some shocking new development. He just happened to follow through.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:53 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I just don't see why he gets the flak for it when the past three Presidents said the same thing. It's not like this some shocking new development. He just happened to follow through.

Not sure how else to explain it:

-Other Presidents have said they would do it, but took back that promise once the experts told them it was a bad idea when you weigh the pros vs cons

-Trump both promised and did it, despite the warnings and that we get nothing much out of this except a thumbs up from the Far-Right Israeli government

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

So...he's being singled out because he has follow-through?

Seriously?

Yes, doing something bad is worse than considering doing something bad.
Your false equivalency is laughable.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:05 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Robtard
Not sure how else to explain it:

-Other Presidents have said they would do it, but took back that promise once the experts told them it was a bad idea when you weigh the pros vs cons

-Trump both promised and did it, despite the warnings and that we get nothing out of this expect a thumbs up from the Far-Right Israeli government

Oh I get you, I just don't think it's a big deal. It was already recognized years ago by congress. The embassy was supposed to have been moved by 1999 wasn't it?

Israel already has a huge presence there so what is the problem? The way I see it, the Muslim nations already don't care for the US and Israel is our ally. So why wouldn't we make good on something we promised years ago? What's going to happen, they will be angry with us? Not different from the current situation. Violence? Again, not different than the current situation.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:09 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, you pretty much suck for promising something and not following through in the scenario you posed. I would never promise my daughter a pony because I know I'm not giving her one. lol

I would have assumed these people would have told them of the ramifications of this move before they proposed it, but they said it anyway. I don't the issue really. Isn't their parliament there?

You are saying what I said. The Knesset is there. That is the Israeli parliament. We had past presidents promise to do this knowing full well the ramifications. Obama said on more than one occasion he'd do it. In 1995 congress decided to do this, and it's not like it was a close decision either.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Seriously?

Yes, doing something bad is worse than considering doing something bad.
Your false equivalency is laughable.

Wow dude, you become more bitter the more I see you post. lol

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And if the situation is so obviously bad I don't feel they ever considered it. I feel they flat out lied. Clinton lied. Bush lied. Obama lied. They never intended to do this. Either that is the case or they were all so dangerously naive they shouldn't have ever been in the WH.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh I get you, I just don't think it's a big deal. It was already recognized years ago by congress. The embassy was supposed to have been moved by 1999 wasn't it?

Israel already has a huge presence there so what is the problem? The way I see it, the Muslim nations already don't care for the US and Israel is our ally. So why wouldn't we make good on something we promised years ago? What's going to happen, they will be angry with us? Not different from the current situation. Violence? Again, not different than the current situation.

I would argue adding fuel to the fire when the house is already on fire is a bad move

I would say that pretending to be a mediator while showing clear bias for one side is a stupid move

But hey, we got a thumbs up from Israel and what's the worse that could happen. What's more violence. (I'm being sarcastic here, this move gives the US and Israel nothing, but promises more blood)

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:16 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I would argue adding fuel to the fire when the house is already on fire is a bad move

I would say that pretending to be a mediator while showing clear bias for one side is a stupid move

But hey, we got a thumbs up from Israel and what's the worse that could happen. What's more violence. (I'm being sarcastic here, this move gives the US and Israel nothing, but promises more blood)

If said fire had any hopes of being put out I could see your point. The vast differences in culture and mutual inability to compromise make that far fetched imo.

Because the people who are committing violence really needed a reason to be violent right?

Look, I'm not even saying I absolutely 100 percent agree with it. I'm simply saying it's kind of ridiculous to be so up in arms about it when he's simply doing something presidents have promised for decades now.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:23 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If said fire had any hopes of being put out I could see your point. The vast differences in culture and mutual inability to compromise make that far fetched imo.

Because the people who are committing violence really needed a reason to be violent right?

Look, I'm not even saying I absolutely 100 percent agree with it. I'm simply saying it's kind of ridiculous to be so up in arms about it when he's simply doing something presidents have promised for decades now.

Bingo. I can understand being upset over this. But if you're gonna go out and murder over it you're just a terrorist piece of shit. And these terrorists were likely terrorists the day before Trump announced this, just as they were terrorists the day after. They will use this as an excuse to be violent.

It's been 22 years, these people are not going to change. This fits:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I don't buy that defeatist attitude.

Yet cause and effect is true. A rabid dog is bound to bite, no reason to poke it with a stick and then go "look, it bite me, told you it would!", that's a shit move. This is especially shit when that dog is bound to bite others who had nothing to do with you or it

Well, this is you still ignoring that it wasn't done by past presidents despite the promise because when it was looked at closer it was seen as poor idea

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 11th, 2017 at 11:33 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Bingo. I can understand being upset over this. But if you're gonna go out and murder over it you're just a terrorist piece of shit. And these terrorists were likely terrorists the day before Trump announced this, just as they were terrorists the day after. They will use this as an excuse to be violent.

It's been 22 years, these people are not going to change. This fits:

(please log in to view the image)

Because Palestians by and large are terrorist...

See, this is you being a POS.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:32 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Wow dude, you become more bitter the more I see you post. lol

A neat deflection.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:32 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because Palestians by and large are terrorist...

See, this is you being a POS.

Nah, but the terrorists among them don't really need a reason to do what they do.

We should not base a decision on whether terrorist pieces of shit will act like terorist pieces of shit.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:33 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I don't buy that defeatist attitude.

Yet cause and effect is true. A rabid dog is bound to bite, no reason to poke it with a stick and then go "look, it bite me, told you it would!", that's a shit move

Well, this is you still ignoring that it wasn't done by past presidents despite the promise because when it was looked at closer it was seen as poor idea

Okay. I just realize that my open-mindedness of other people's culture doesn't seem to be shared by those extremists that literally want my head.

Yeah, except it's already biting. Has been for an extremely long time. lol It's not like this was the stick.

So you say or it could be they just didn't get it done and this was their excuse after the fact.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Nah, but the terrorists among them don't really need a reason to do what they do.

We should not base a decision on whether terrorist pieces of shit will act like terorist pieces of shit.

Yeah, they actually do. It's why there's been concessions and times of peace here and there.

"Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs", never mind that those eggs are innocent men, women and children just trying to live their lives.

socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
A neat deflection.

I had already stated my point. Didn't need to deflect. Just an observation.

Robtard
Senor Member

Okay. I just realize that my open-mindedness of other people's culture doesn't seem to be shared by those extremists that literally want my head.

Yeah, except it's already biting. Has been for an extremely long time. lol It's not like this was the stick.

So you say or it could be they just didn't get it done and this was their excuse after the fact.

Want your head? Being a bit dramatic aren't you.

So continue to poke, consequences be damned.

Any previous President could have done it as easy as Trump, it's their executive privilege. They didn't, after listening to the experts.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:38 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, they actually do. It's why there's been concessions and times of peace here and there.

And yet we still have seen murder and violence. There is no real peace to speak of.

quote:
"Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs", never mind that those eggs are innocent men, women and children just trying to live their lives.

It's the terrorists breaking the eggs. If they're gonna murder innocent people these are not folk who deserve to be negotiated with in the first place. They don't want peace. They just hate Israel.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:40 PM