KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Tourney Invitation - High Meta tier

Tourney Invitation - High Meta tier
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

A word of caution for those getting all prepped:

The characters we chose are going into a pot, with a randomizer giving us a random character from said pot.

So whilst you might think yeah, Emma Frost is gonna win me this tourney...I might get 3D Man of some such instead. And Bentley, jammy scum that he is,will walk away with Frost.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:57 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So just pick obscure characters so you don't have to do a whole lot of Reading to prep for them.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:00 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Unless you get them...lol and have zero showings.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:06 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Karate Kid for Dark Saint or random. Carver is already scared, and everyone should expect a pm from me shortly.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:51 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Not participating

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 12:13 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I'd be down, but only if we're limiting him to feats he has personally performed with Lucifer's Trident.

To be homest if I was to use him I wouldnt be using "lucifer's" trident but his original that was enchanted by Nebrios. While the other had implied power on a much higher level it doesnt have the feats (by Danny) to match his original. Either that or composite but only his feats.

Needless to say I'd eant his wierdness magnet schtick from when he eas tied to the house of Mystery.

quote:
Let's keep it to this tier. There's like a ton of characters there

I completely disagree. The list is very limited and doesnt include many who are or should be in that tier. There are only about 8 charactets I know well enough to debate for and I can see BD being a good fight for any of them. Given hes had physical matches with tje likes of Etrigan more than once. Hes also beaten a few on that list even before his physical upgrade in underworld unleashed (he beat Metallo in his first few issues when he was a newbie and only around a class 40-50).

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 12:26 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Well if we have more than 40 or so contestants and are running out of characters, then sure haha.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 12:28 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

IF we have to stick to the list and the majority chooses luck based I'm throwing in

Aquaman
Guardian II (how is Heather lower ranked on the tier list than her other half?? Based on showings she averages higher imho)
And
Nico Minoru

I know what your thinking but heat me out. With more nominated characters than players we now cant even be sure those so far nominated even come into play.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 12:35 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

is this a single post tourney or a full on tourney?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 01:00 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by leonidas

I wanted to check who was the lame-lazy ass person who would ask this.

You were in my top 3 choices, so congratulations.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 01:10 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

what you're saying is i've already won.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 01:16 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Participants:

Darksaint
Smurph
Martian Mind
Deathslash
Damborg
Carver
Abhi
LoB (is that a yes or just throwing a character out there?)
Kris (maybe)
Bentley

Proposals:
Emma Frost
Psylocke
Nightshade
Machine Man
Invisible Woman
Mr. Sinister
Jean Grey
Mimic (?)
Captain Britain (maybe)
Spiral

Willing to judge:
Digi
Kris, if not participating

A few stuff:

1). I don't want to turn this into a tier list debate. Only those in the initial post count. I remember another [updated] tier list was posted sometimes in 2010, but I can't find it. If somebody has it, that would be nice.
2). Furthermore, beat, if you choose Blue Devil you'll almost certainly not get it, given the randomization. That would get somebody else stuck with the character when I make the list.
3). Let's keep it one nomination per one participant, so that there's no extra characters when I randomize. Also, try to be fair play. Don't choose somebody like, I dunno, The Thing, knowing that he's shit against some of the abilities here and you know almost for certain you won't get him. Let's keep the actual tactics for the tourney.

I want the participants to veto in/out the characters at the end, before we assign them. So if there's enough that don't like a character being there [too weak/strong/not enough showings etc.], the one who nominated him will replace him with another of his choosing.
Originally posted by zopzop
Dude, this is a cool idea. Too bad I suck at tournaments. All I know is, anyone picking Crysta, Storm,l or Mr. Sinister is gonna have an easy time. They have showings that easily put them in the herald tier.

You won't know until you try it. stick out tongue:

It's all about what you'd do with those abilities.

Originally posted by leonidas

I'd like to have it 1v1, since there's enough to make quarter/semi/final matches. If it's not an exact number, some matches will be 1v1v1.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 01:31 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by zopzop
I just noticed Exiles Mimic is here. That's another excellent choice.

Indeed. It's all in how you use him, though. Also depends on what the stips are for rules. In a one-on-one, he's still good, but no better or worse than many others. But if this is a free-for-all, there may need to be limits or bans placed on some powers.

Originally posted by Bentley
I'm disappointed that you won't be repping Death's Head in the tourney.

I assume you're talking about Death's Head II (Minion), yes? Original DH wouldn't have a chance in this kind of tourney. Minion is a great pick for high meta. But I have nothing left to prove or gain from entering tourneys, and have found it much harder to sustain the effort needed to do well in them, before I start to lose interest.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 01:51 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

If we are limited to that list then Aquaman. I'll assume this isnpren52 feats only and no water hand or trident of Posieden (that he only used like 3 times pre nu52) as otherwise he's above high meta in most peoples perspective?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 01:52 PM
Philosophía

Originally posted by beatboks
If we are limited to that list then Aquaman. I'll assume this isnpren52 feats only and no water hand or trident of Posieden (that he only used like 3 times pre nu52) as otherwise he's above high meta in most peoples perspective?
thumb up

I'd assume so, too.

I don't know what the forum stands on in regards to New 52 Aquaman, but given his unimpressive telepathy feats up until now, I don't think you'd want to trade his improved physicals over that.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 02:01 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

I'm in, Miss Martian

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 02:35 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Supermutant
I'm in, Miss Martian
thumb up

I guess we have to...clarify here a bit. White or green?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 02:36 PM
Supermutant

GREEN

Last edited by Supermutant on Dec 8th, 2017 at 02:55 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 02:40 PM
carver9

Wait a minute, the character that I am picking, there's a possibility I will not be able to use him?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 04:29 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Lol.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 04:43 PM