KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Tourney Invitation - High Meta tier

Tourney Invitation - High Meta tier
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
_

I don't want this to be another '1 post tourney', so rebuttals should definitely be in.

I want confirmation from everybody here:

Participants:

Darksaint
Smurph
Martian Mind
Deathslash
Damborg
Carver
Abhi
LoB (is that a yes or just throwing a character out there?)
Kris
Bentley
Beatboks
Supermutant

Proposals:
Emma Frost
Psylocke
Nightshade
Machine Man
Invisible Woman
Mr. Sinister
Jean Grey
Mimic (?)
Captain Britain
Spiral
Aquaman
Miss Martian

As soon as I get confirmation, I'll start randomizing.

Deadline: 24 hours starting now.

I'll randomize the participants list once and the proposals list twice.

That way, there's at least a chance that somebody who has chosen the character gets it.

No prep.
Standard equipment
BFR counts as a loss
Depending on confirmations, matches will be 1v1 or 1v1v1.
No team-ups.
1 OP + 2 posts

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:03 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Blood Gods Champion

I'm in.

"Nothing unifies like a war."
- Khârn

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:16 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'm in.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant
Cosmic PowerPoint Viewer

In it 2 win it

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:20 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

I'm in.

Only a bitter little adolescent boy would confuse realism with pessimism

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:30 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I'm in

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:53 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Scratch my name out please.

On ignore list: Darksaint

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Heavy Rain

@Philosophía
IMHO, you should have a limit on the power level of the beings Exiles Mimic is allowed to copy. On panel, he's mimicked Dark Phoenix. You don't want someone picking Mimic and saying he's mimicking the powers of 5 godlike reality warpers (Jamie Braddock, Mad Jim Jaspers, HoM Scarlet Witch, Franklin Richards, etc...).

For the purposes of this thread, he should only be allowed to mimic High Meta tier beings.

Phuck the haters, it was a great game!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:25 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
_

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
@Philosophía
IMHO, you should have a limit on the power level of the beings Exiles Mimic is allowed to copy. On panel, he's mimicked Dark Phoenix. You don't want someone picking Mimic and saying he's mimicking the powers of 5 godlike reality warpers (Jamie Braddock, Mad Jim Jaspers, HoM Scarlet Witch, Franklin Richards, etc...).

For the purposes of this thread, he should only be allowed to mimic High Meta tier beings.
I'm still awaiting confirmation from LoB, because I'm not sure he was serious, before I do.

Suffice to say, I think it's understood that the characters in this thread are their high-meta self. No calling the Phoenix and whatnot. So if somebody wants to amp their characters in some way, PM me before you do that, because if it breaks the current ceiling [i.e. at most low-herald], they wouldn't be disqualified mid-match.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:54 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
_

I can't edit my previous post.

Participants are free to vote out a character.

If there's somebody who wants, like zop says, Mimic out, just say so and we'll have a vote on him.

But do this before I start randomizing. Voting him out when you don't get him doesn't work.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:57 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Philosophía
I'm still awaiting confirmation from LoB, because I'm not sure he was serious, before I do.

Suffice to say, I think it's understood that the characters in this thread are their high-meta self. No calling the Phoenix and whatnot. So if somebody wants to amp their characters in some way, PM me before you do that, because if it breaks the current ceiling [i.e. at most low-herald], they wouldn't be disqualified mid-match.

THE MIGHTY LOB IS IN!!!

KNOW FEAR COMPETITORS!!!!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:39 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I'm in.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 12:01 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
_

Is everybody OK with Mimic?

Still waiting for confirmation from:

Smurph
Damborg
Kris
Bentley

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 12:48 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I always get confused with mimic. Is it Exiles or 616 thay can only mimic mutants? I know one of them can mimic any power. If its the ome that only does muties then only Jean Grey, Storm, Psylock, Spiral and Namor are available to copy which leaves the player ONLY with classic xmen powers.

I'm giessimg simce an issue has been raised its the one who can copy any power and seemingly use said power in ways that its owner never has ???

If so I vote veto

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:24 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Heavy Rain

Originally posted by beatboks
I always get confused with mimic. Is it Exiles or 616 thay can only mimic mutants? I know one of them can mimic any power. If its the ome that only does muties then only Jean Grey, Storm, Psylock, Spiral and Namor are available to copy which leaves the player ONLY with classic xmen powers.

I'm giessimg simce an issue has been raised its the one who can copy any power and seemingly use said power in ways that its owner never has ???

If so I vote veto

This is Exiles Mimic according to the list in the OP and he's mimicked the powers of various FF members (and they're not mutants).

Phuck the haters, it was a great game!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:25 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

I'm sorry, I've to take my name back.

Only a bitter little adolescent boy would confuse realism with pessimism

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 02:29 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant
Cosmic PowerPoint Viewer

I'll propose Jean Grey and leave out Miss Martian. Also no to exiles Mimic, too easy of a win.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 02:43 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

For everyone's reference, Exiles Mimic can and has copied non-mutants. His wheelhouse is mutants, but that's not his only limit. The FF are the best example (Ben and Johnny), and also Deadpool (though was he retconned to be a mutie? Don't think he was at the time) and when he merged with the Brood. The upper limit on power of who he's copied includes alternate reality Xavier and Magneto, as well as Phoenix. Most everyone else was high meta at best. The limits of his copying are never explicitly stated, but based on who he copied, it's reasonable to assume it has to do with copying physiology. So like, he can copy metahumans whose DNA is different, but there's no evidence that he can copy things like tech or magical power sources.

If y'all need other info, just ask. I've used Mimic twice in these things, so I've had to familiarize myself with his limits.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 10th, 2017 at 04:57 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:54 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Digi
For everyone's reference, Exiles Mimic can and has copied non-mutants. His wheelhouse is mutants, but that's not his only limit. The FF are the best example (Ben and Johnny), and also Deadpool (though was he retconned to be a mutie? Don't think he was at the time) and when he merged with the Brood. The upper limit on power of who he's copied includes alternate reality Xavier and Magneto, as well as Phoenix. Most everyone else was high meta at best. The limits of his copying are never explicitly stated, but based on who he copied, it's reasonable to assume it has to do with copying physiology. So like, he can copy metahumans whose DNA is different, but there's no evidence that he can copy things like tech or magical power sources.

If y'all need other info, just ask. I've used Mimic twice in these things, so I've had to familiarize myself with his limits.

His LIMITS will be what I STATE them to be!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 05:36 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So how would it work with say, IWs powers?

He looks 50% invisible? Only his left side is visible? Kinda fuzzy?

I vote out

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 08:22 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote