KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Magneto vs. Hulk

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Magneto stomps 11 61.11%
Magneto wins 5 27.78%
Not sure 0 0%
Hulk wins 0 0%
Hulk stomps 2 11.11%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Magneto vs. Hulk
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
If you make a claim you need to back it up. I cite evidence and you ignore it and insert fanfic. You're a clown.

You come with silly shit about Wolverine. "How close did he get" is your argument.

Magneto can use objects to swat Hulk far away and then put up his shield. How does Hulk stop this?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 01:41 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by FrothByte
Ok so at the ring of the bell, Hulk launches himself at Magneto. Mags has about a second before he gets smashed. What does he do? Pretty sure we've never seen him put up a shield that fast. How fast can he fly? How good is Magneto at dodging?

Because Magneto will place himself at such a close range as to be killed/knocked out?

No, sir. Just........no.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 03:21 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
You come with silly shit about Wolverine. "How close did he get" is your argument.

Magneto can use objects to swat Hulk far away and then put up his shield. How does Hulk stop this?
Hulk closes the distance far quicker than wolverine. Watch the film. You can't just pretend someone slower and weaker can close the distance but the Hulk can't. Fanboys want to just powerset the argument and select the best environment for Magneto for him to even stand a chance. Hulk wins. Too fast, too strong, too much.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 03:42 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

He can use other shit to fling Hulk away a far distance, then shield up.

Yes he can, but it will need to be some big-ass shit considering Hulk can easily walk through bullets and tear cars apart.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 04:48 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Impediment
Because Magneto will place himself at such a close range as to be killed/knocked out?

No, sir. Just........no.

OP states 200 ft. That's a pretty easy leap for Hulk and I'm pretty sure Magneto isn't a highly skilled physical combatant that can easily dodge and duck around Hulk's attacks.

To clarify, I am not saying Hulk wins. I'm just saying it's foolish to think that Magneto has the time to grab the Eiffel tower and hurl it at Hulk.

This fight isn't as clear cut as some of you think it is.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 04:52 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

If it’s Apocalypse Mags, then his Earth moving powers will make it pretty difficult for Hulk to run or jump.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 09:34 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hulk closes the distance far quicker than wolverine. Watch the film. You can't just pretend someone slower and weaker can close the distance but the Hulk can't. Fanboys want to just powerset the argument and select the best environment for Magneto for him to even stand a chance. Hulk wins. Too fast, too strong, too much.

Look I won't deny the dude can jump far and quick, but he's not a speedster. Magneto will be able to react.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 05:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

OP states 200 ft. That's a pretty easy leap for Hulk and I'm pretty sure Magneto isn't a highly skilled physical combatant that can easily dodge and duck around Hulk's attacks.

To clarify, I am not saying Hulk wins. I'm just saying it's foolish to think that Magneto has the time to grab the Eiffel tower and hurl it at Hulk.

This fight isn't as clear cut as some of you think it is.

Don't worry, Froth, I read you loud and clear. I think Magneto wins and giving reasons for such an opinion, but you're just coming from the other side giving reasons why Hulk might end it in the opening moments, which I agree could happen as well.

Good ol' fashioned debate, no probs.

Pretty much comes down to this:

- If Mags can quickdraw massive streams of metal at superspeeds like with Apoc only at Hulk, Mags wins.
- If Mags can swat away/constrain/throw/stop Hulk long enough to get his shield up and has time to unleash his magnetism fully, Hulk is a goner.
- If Hulk can close the distance and pummel Magneto in the opening moments, Mags is a goner.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 05:08 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes he can, but it will need to be some big-ass shit considering Hulk can easily walk through bullets and tear cars apart.

He will have shit nearby that could slow the guy down, he got way more powerful when boosted. When he got pissed off we saw how quickly he can throw a shit ton of metal at you. Hulk is strong and quick, but physics still somewhat applies to him. Except when it doesn't, I guess lol. But he could have something wrap around Hulks leg and fling him away.

I think if he knows what to expect he can keep Hulk away from him.

I think Hulk being in the air is a huge disadvantage to him anyways. It makes him way easier to bat away.

Magnetos part begins around 2 mins in.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 11th, 2017 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 05:09 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Look I won't deny the dude can jump far and quick, but he's not a speedster. Magneto will be able to react.
Wolverine is slower and weaker yet he almost closed the distance. Hulk wins. Facts matter.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 05:40 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Wolverine is slower and weaker yet he almost closed the distance. Hulk wins. Facts matter.

Logan is not slower and that situation wasn't the same as this forum situation where Mags is completely aware and Hulk is 200ft away (not less

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 06:39 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Don't worry, Froth, I read you loud and clear. I think Magneto wins and giving reasons for such an opinion, but you're just coming from the other side giving reasons why Hulk might end it in the opening moments, which I agree could happen as well.

Good ol' fashioned debate, no probs.

Pretty much comes down to this:

- If Mags can quickdraw massive streams of metal at superspeeds like with Apoc only at Hulk, Mags wins.
- If Mags can swat away/constrain/throw/stop Hulk long enough to get his shield up and has time to unleash his magnetism fully, Hulk is a goner.
- If Hulk can close the distance and pummel Magneto in the opening moments, Mags is a goner.

Fair enough. I think if they knew what they were up against then Mags has the advantage. If they don't know a thing about each other then Hulk's strength and pure ferocity might be the end of Magneto.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 09:26 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Hulk gets the Eiffel Tower up his ass and is KO'd with a smile on his face.

FFS, Tony went toe-to-toe with a fully enraged Hulk and won. Apoc Mags is far more powerful than Tony in his HB armor

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 09:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by h1a8
Logan is not slower and that situation wasn't the same as this forum situation where Mags is completely aware and Hulk is 200ft away (not less
Wolverine is far slower than Hulk you mental midget. You clearly haven't seen the films. Dismissed.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:12 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Hulk gets the Eiffel Tower up his ass and is KO'd with a smile on his face.

FFS, Tony went toe-to-toe with a fully enraged Hulk and won. Apoc Mags is far more powerful than Tony in his HB armor
Can magneto reform and go blow for blow ? What is this nonsense of focusing on power only and ignoring what iron man had to deal with during the fight as well as the hex coming off to reach some biased conclusion. Hulk wins. Magento watched his family die because some third world cops killed them by mistake mind you.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:14 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Different situations. Magneto is going to be paying attention to the big green monster leaping at him. And you act like Hulk is a speedster now. He is not. He moves quickly for his size. Magneto swats him away and then puts up a shield.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:19 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Different situations. Magneto is going to be paying attention to the big green monster leaping at him. And you act like Hulk is a speedster now. He is not. He moves quickly for his size. Magneto swats him away and then puts up a shield.
Hulk is very fast. Look at him close the distance on the jet shooting at him while he's kicking Thor's ass. Magneto wasn't that fast to react to Wolverine so he's going to get his ass kicked by the Hulk.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Can magneto reform and go blow for blow ?

What is this nonsense of focusing on power only and ignoring what iron man had to deal with during the fight as well as the hex coming off to reach some biased conclusion.

Hulk wins. Magento watched his family die because some third world cops killed them by mistake mind you.

Who cares if IM had to repair? That was the suit's powerset.

Focusing on film feats is debating in the MVF.

Nah. Not against Apoc Mags, in a metropolitan city no less where there's metal all around to use

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hulk is very fast. Look at him close the distance on the jet shooting at him while he's kicking Thor's ass. Magneto wasn't that fast to react to Wolverine so he's going to get his ass kicked by the Hulk.

Like I said, different situations. Magneto is amped, and he has nothing to distract him. Hulk won't get close lol. Either you didn't watch the movie or you just really love Hulk.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Like I said, different situations. Magneto is amped, and he has nothing to distract him. Hulk won't get close lol. Either you didn't watch the movie or you just really love Hulk.
I watched the film and know Hulk is faster than Wolverine and magneto didn't even kill him. Hulk is far more durable as well. He's going to run right through it.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:27 PM