KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Brutal Murder of Daniel Shaver

Brutal Murder of Daniel Shaver
Started by: lazybones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lazybones

Brutal Murder of Daniel Shaver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBU...amp;app=desktop

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.6b292deb70c8

Brutal murder of Daniel Shaver. Police officer was acquitted. Makes my blood boil.

Last edited by lazybones on Dec 8th, 2017 at 10:06 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:04 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

****ing hell. What is wrong with these ****ing trigger happy maniacs. There is absolutely no justification for that at all. Sickening.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:49 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote:
“If you make a mistake, another mistake, there is a very severe possibility that you’re both going to get shot. Do you understand?” an officer yells before telling Shaver to “shut up.”

“I’m not here to be tactical and diplomatic with you. You listen. You obey,”

^
Clearly someone that needs to be in a position of power where they're armed and authorized to kill

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone just put a bullet in this cops head please.

IMO the footage should have been shown during the trial.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Jesus man. How was he found not guilty?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

The psychotic cop was obviously looking for an excuse to kill the poor bastard and he eventually got one. Not guilty!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:47 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire

This might explain part of it.

"The operable word in that sentence is "believe." Tennessee v. Garner introduced the idea that officers did not need to actually be physically threatened in order to use lethal force — they just needed to have "probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or others" in order to use that force.

What looked like a victory for those fighting against police brutality was actually a neutron bomb that would destroy thousands of cases of legitimate instances of police violence. By introducing belief, which apparently does not have to be rooted in fact, into what police are allowed to claim, it is now nearly impossible to prove what officers do or do not believe. The burden of proof to refute the claims of what an officer says he or she believes is so outrageously high, that pretty much the only thing that could contradict it would be a recording or testimony of some type in which it is proven that the officer did not believe they were in danger and is only faking the belief for the sake of the legal case against them. Consequently, once an officer claims that they believed they were in danger, or that the community was in danger, that case, and any case like it, is dead in the water."

"The Supreme Court, in Graham v. Connor, determined that "reasonable use of force" by an officer must be viewed from the perspective of what appeared reasonable in the moment of its application — not from 20/20 hindsight. In other words, even though those Charlotte cops were absolutely wrong to do what they did based on the actual facts of the case, because all of those facts were not available to them when they assaulted Graham and deprived him of medical attention, or even a bottle of juice, they can't be held liable for their actions. Officers, therefor, are fully empowered to act in the moment, even if just a little bit of restraint would've proven those actions to be completely egregious."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:50 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I guessing a lack of "it's a difficult job, we shouldn't judge' positions will be seen here, as we do in other cases where cops murdered an unarmed suspects of certain backgrounds...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The video should have been shown, it would have added context to the situation. He clearly just wanted a reason to shoot this person.

"According to the police report, Brailsford was carrying an AR-15 rifle with the phrase “You’re F—ed” etched into the weapon. "

Wtf?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 12:04 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I heard that the judge refused to let that fact be taken into consideration and told the jury they were only supposed to consider the case in the very moment before the shooting. They weren't allowed any context essentially.

I have no idea how the **** that makes any sense in a court of law. Disgusting.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 12:08 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Our justice system needs a massive overhaul. It's a sick joke to even call it the "justice" system.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 12:19 AM
dadudemon

His widow, eh?

So he was cheating on his wife? He was taking shots in his hotel room with a gal he just met earlier that night and was showing off his pellet guns in public view (which is why the police were called because it was reported to be a rifle).

What a strong punishment for showing off pellet guns and cheating on your wife.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 02:43 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

The guy reached behind his back earlier in the video and wasn't shot, just warned. If the cop was "just looking to kill someone" why didn't he shoot him right then?

Don't get me wrong I don't think he should have been shot at all but I'm not sure I buy the idea that this cop was just out looking for a reason to kill

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:30 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by BackFire

Because the U.S Court System isn't governed by Public Opinion?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:12 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Should have been found guilty for sure, the justice system needs fixed!

The Word

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 02:11 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

This is a pure example of another trigger happy "Call of Duty Cop".

"Feared for his life" my stuttering ass.

I hope this pig becomes an outcast in his town.

FYI, I love cops and their services, but this is a pig in the video.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:11 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not a lover of the Police, I think it takes a special kind of special to be a cop. This cop is even more special than that.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:22 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by juggerman
The guy reached behind his back earlier in the video and wasn't shot, just warned. If the cop was "just looking to kill someone" why didn't he shoot him right then?

Don't get me wrong I don't think he should have been shot at all but I'm not sure I buy the idea that this cop was just out looking for a reason to kill

IMO he was if you look at context. Okay first the thing he has on his gun("You're F*cked" etched into it), I dunno, that in itself means nothing, but it seems like some possible a trigger happy person would do. Then combine it with the video. The way he keeps screaming at the guy and saying he will shoot him if he messes up.

It just feels like he was purposely escalating the situation to get the guy to make some mistake. When you have guns pointed at you like that and shouting and the guy wasn't just giving warnings about firing he seemed more giddy about it...I don't know why they didn't tell him to lay face down and not move and then come pat him down. Determine if he has a weapon, then order him to get up and move.

"If you make a mistake, another mistake, there is a very severe possibility that you’re both going to get shot. Do you understand?” Sgt. Charles Langley yells before telling Shaver to “shut up.”

“I’m not here to be tactical and diplomatic with you. You listen. You obey,” the officer says."

This is not a normal police officer giving a suspect a warning about being fired upon. This goes beyond that.

I'm not saying he rolled up to this incident already planning this, but he seems like a textbook trigger happy psychopath. I know there can be adrenaline going in moments like this, but he just seems to enjoy scaring the guy to death and then takes advantage of a reason to fire.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 9th, 2017 at 05:51 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:48 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is horrible

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:08 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

You guys know he's no longer a cop, right?

Can anyone in this thread suggest an alternative to how this cop should have handled this situation? Be specific. Don't give general or vague answers. Be specific within the context of this situation.

No, this is not me trying to do a "gotcha" game. I won't debate anyone's answers. I just want to know some ideas on how this situation could have been handled better.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote