KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Soul Calibur 6

Soul Calibur 6
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I was thinking Ezio was the only guest for SC5 but didn’t comment on it since I didn’t remember for sure, but wow, even in that area 5 was weak as shit going by SC’s previous track record. I knew the game was rushed, but damn, so glad it didn’t get my money, or it might’ve encouraged another mismanaged MvCI esque sequel. I don’t support rushed mediocrity and shittiness.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 03:18 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I don't give a **** about the guest characters in this game. I don't give a shit about their latest OC donut steele characters either. No Cassandra no buy. No Raphael no buy.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Mar 18th, 2018 at 10:54 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 10:51 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
As somewhat mentioned, I'd like 2B or something more recent, but whatever else we end up getting is just bonus icing on top of the cake. This game is a return to form with the original SC cast as opposed to having the less likable replacements that 5 had, and at this point that's all I could ask for with an SC6.

2B would be perfect.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 10:55 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Either 2B or Raven Branwen from RWBY. Hey if characters from movies and comic books can appear in SC, I don't see why one from an anime web series can't.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 12:32 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

As for any returning characters I want, Shura would be a pleasant surprise. She was made as filler copying Cervantes' moveset in SC4 but a psycho warrior searching for the strongest with a giant talking demon skull for a companion strapped to her shoulder sounds like main addition material for this series so I'd welcome it long as they give her a unique moveset this time.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 19th, 2018 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 12:56 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Either 2B or Raven Branwen from RWBY. Hey if characters from movies and comic books can appear in SC, I don't see why one from an anime web series can't.

As mentioned before, Star Wars only happened because The Force Unleashed was a hot game IP at the time, otherwise I doubt SW would've been considered. Then again, there was Spawn.

If SC4 only had Starkiller/The Apprentice, that would've been some weak shit like only having Ezio in 5, so I'm glad there was Yoda and Vader as compensation, since I didn't really care for Starkiller as a character. The gary stu/Jake Muller buzzcut of the series.

As for any returning characters I want, Shura would be a pleasant surprise. She was made as filler copying Cervantes' moveset in SC4 but a psycho warrior searching for the strongest with a giant talking demon skull for a companion strapped to her shoulder sounds like main addition material for this series so I'd welcome it long as they give her a unique moveset this time.

thumb up She was easily the most interesting filler character. Not getting my hopes up though...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 03:16 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Maybe they should add a Final Fantasy character like Cloud as a guest.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 06:01 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Why? He's already in SSB. Besides, should a FFVII guest ever happen in anything again, I'd rather have anyone from his party or Sephiroth.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 30th, 2018 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 05:46 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 09:08 AM
Jmanghan

SC5 was pretty good, the character creation was improved. Storyline sucked, arcade mode sucked, online was pretty good, DLC character sucked, character roster was pretty awful that time around, but if you're like me and only care about CaS' characters, and a few characters like Voldo that weren't removed, it was good.

Fighting System was improved, and I actually got pretty decent with my CaS characters.

Edit: WHOA WAS THAT ZASALAMEL? DUDE IM ALL ****IN IN.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 10:18 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That’s the thing, you can have a sequel with good or even improved gameplay/fighting mechanics and engine, but when you remove pretty much all the veterans that drew them to SC to begin with and replace them with less likable offsprings/descendants, a good many fans will feel alienated. I’m not against change, I’m against change that doesn’t work, and 5 had other things going against it too being the rushed mess it was, as pointed out.

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 05:28 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

You wanna bet SC6 is gonna go the way of Mortal Kombat 9 and alter the timeline changing the canon? After 5, I wouldn't be surprised if that is how the devs plan to retcon that game. Something happens that makes Sophitia not in the mood on the night she would've been pregnant with Patroklos or whatever.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 12:27 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

*veterans that drew people to SC to begin with
Damn edit time.

With the reveal of Taki finally out of the way though, that mainly just leaves Cervantes (while I would not mind Shura as an alternative or extra again, Cervantes is too much of a series staple to sensibly replace), Astaroth, Yoshimitsu, and I guess Tira too, but with or without them, am already quite content with who we all know is in the game so far.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 12:28 AM
cdtm

If they didn't replace X with that stupid clone from 5, they probably won't rub out C with T&A.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 12:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

X? You mean Xianghua? You mean her daughter then. Yeah I'm not much of a fan having these vets get replaced with teenagers myself.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 4th, 2018 at 08:17 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2018 08:02 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Even worse when said offsprings are made to be like millennial stereotypes. Some of the kombat kiddies of MKX are probably better examples as far as that though.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 10:18 PM
Jmanghan

tbh Patroklos was pretty ass, as was his sister. I did enjoy Zwei, Viola, and Xiba though.

Siegfried should have been the one to fight Nightmare though, Zwei fighting him made no sense.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 09:30 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Jmanghan
tbh Patroklos was pretty ass, as was his sister.

What happened with Pyrrah in SC5 was the consequence of her despicable brother's actions so I'd cut her some slack. If they do retcon Patroklos' existence in an alternate timeline, I hope they keep her.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 5th, 2018 at 10:15 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2018 10:11 AM
Jmanghan

What happened with Pyrrah in SC5 was the consequence of her despicable brother's actions so I'd cut her some slack. If they do retcon Patroklos' existence in an alternate timeline, I hope they keep her.

Pyrrah was annoying, imo.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 08:24 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

They're all garbage.

Now, Cassandra and Seung Mina on the other hand..

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 7th, 2018 08:41 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote