KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Soul Calibur 6

Soul Calibur 6
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Technically this isn't even a demo, it's purely a test of the online mode to fine-tune the connection.

But yes the lack of a practice mode or even moveset list annoys the shit out of me too.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 09:21 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Don’t like the fact it’s online ranked match only. No training/tutorial mode or anything, inviting friends, etc. Just straight up ranked match, and I’m not really the type to go in to something like that without knowing what I’m doing first. It’s been ****ing years since I played SC, so I’d need some training and getting accustomed again.

Also, lol.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...libur-6-glitch/

Originally posted by Tzeentch
the lack of a practice mode or even moveset list annoys the shit out of me too.

Hear hear

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 30th, 2018 at 02:42 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 02:38 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What do we think about this mechanic lads:

(please log in to view the image)

I wish Satsujin and Just Frame were still active.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 03:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds like something no one will ever use.

If it takes 30 frames, can't be cancelled, and can be guard broken, what's the point? Sounds like it's a free hit for your opponent.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 01:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It auto-negates strings and will super charge your meter if you win or draw.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 08:49 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I think the Reversal Edge is pretty badass. That slow motion building up to a climactic conclusion is frickin sweet.

So I guess the beta's over. And here I was having a lot of fun with Geralt and Zasalamel. The former I'm happy to hear will have his moveset available for your custom character. That's right: you can make your own OC Witchers! Glad to know CD Projekt's not being as strict about that stuff as Lucasarts and Ubisoft were when it came to Vader, Yoda and Ezio's movesets.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2018 10:14 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I think the Reversal Edge is pretty badass. That slow motion building up to a climactic conclusion is frickin sweet.

So I guess the beta's over. And here I was having a lot of fun with Geralt and Zasalamel. The former I'm happy to hear will have his moveset available for your custom character. That's right: you can make your own OC Witchers! Glad to know CD Projekt's not being as strict about that stuff as Lucasarts and Ubisoft were when it came to Vader, Yoda and Ezio's movesets.
I'm so glad Zasalamel is back.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 12:35 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Heads up for those looking forward to the customization: You'll probably want a notebook or at least a piece of paper when playing Soul Calibur if you want to use the same custom character. The one you make for the story mode can't be used for multiplayer so you'll have to remember how you made that character if you want to make 'em again to use for both modes.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 12:58 AM
Jmanghan

CUSTOM CHARACTERS ARE BACK IN STORY MODE AGAIN, OH HAPPY DAYS!!!!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 03:48 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

When does this get released on the PC?

And have the boob physics been nerfed?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 11:08 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not to my knowledge. Dead or Alive 6 on the other hand...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 04:22 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Yeah, I heard the SJWs killed DoA. Still, honestly never found the game mechanics interesting on that game and the graphical style wasn't to my liking either.

Love Soul Calibur, loved it since the first time I played it on Dreamcast.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 06:37 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Tzeentch
What do we think about this mechanic lads:

I wish Satsujin and Just Frame were still active.

The competitive Soul Cal community isn't too happy about this and it's understandable. It simply lowers the skill barrier for casual players, as is the trend in fighting games nowadays. It's low execution(single button!), autoparries most attacks, takes no meter, apears to have a 1 frame startup, works backturned... so basically, when in doubt...use Reversal Edge. Frame data doesn't really matter. ****ed up and at disadvantage? Cool. Just stuff your opponent's punisher with Reversal Edge. Whiffed an attack? No problem. Just Reversal Edge your opponent's launcher. Your opponent tried a mixup? Screw trying to read them. Just shut all their attacks down or force them into a mixup instead. You're at advantage for initiating the RE, so you're potentially getting rewarded for ****ing up basically. No need to learn matchups and actually understand your character's tools.

On the other hand, it does look this can be side-stepped(30 frames), stopped by unblockables/crushes and can whiff in certain situations due to tbe hitbox of the final strike, so blind spamming can get you baited.

These pre-scripted cinematics is definitely a negative for tournament goers though. No one wants the flow of combat to be interrupted with needless cutscenes that don't impact the game.

Don't get me wrong. I get it Namco. Giving casual players more, flashy options to keep from getting overwhelmed is good for business. It's not good from a competitive standpoint though. It sounds like the entire metagame will revolve at Reversal Edge...

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 10th, 2018 at 08:07 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2018 07:53 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 01:16 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So...who will be picking this up for PS4?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 03:39 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I got it on PC because I'm a graphics whore and I need to justify my PC hardware purchases or else I'll start crying.

Has anyone encountered big-dick-lizardman CAS yet?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 10:41 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

No, but I was warned about it.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 06:31 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Namco's reason for having Tira as DLC is because she was a "late addition" and couldn't be added to the base roster 'cause of some techno babble yet I just found a henchman in Chronicle of Souls using her fighting style and I don't even have her

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 02:10 AM
NemeBro

So we can all agree that Groh is an objectively terrible character and someone should be shot in the head for creating him right?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 08:22 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Worse than Patrokolos? Dont really have a solid opinion on Groh yet.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 05:23 PM