KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » JL Superman vs MCU Thanos

JL Superman vs MCU Thanos
Started by: Adam Grimes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

JL Superman vs MCU Thanos

Just to get the hype going.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:46 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Lol. This thread would Rock when Infinity War comes out.

Since there are no movie feats for Thanos then we can but speculate.

I would support Thanos.

Thanos is likely stronger and better than Hela. Which i believe can defeat JL Superman.

So Thanos>Superman in that aspect.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:51 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Thanos' only feat so far is KOing Ironman and I've heard speculation that it isn't Tony in the suit. Only time will tell but with the stones he would stutter stomp Supes. I hope we see what he's capable of without the stones

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:09 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Thanos' only feat so far is KOing Ironman and I've heard speculation that it isn't Tony in the suit. Only time will tell but with the stones he would stutter stomp Supes. I hope we see what he's capable of without the stones

Why wouldn't it be Tony in the suit?

If it is tony then it is a tremendous feat. Considering heroes like Thor, Cap, and Hulk not being able to K.O Tony in previous battles.

Also remember he dominated Iron Spider in the trailer.

That also portrays Thanos at INSANE levels of Strength.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:19 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Why wouldn't it be Tony in the suit?

If it is tony then it is a tremendous feat. Considering heroes like Thor, Cap, and Hulk not being able to K.O Tony in previous battles.

Also remember he dominated Iron Spider in the trailer.

That also portrays Thanos at INSANE levels of Strength.

I've seen a few trailer breakdowns and people seem to think it might be Pepper. Like maybe shes wearing a suit trying to help and Thanos cleans her clock which is why Tony is all sad and shit.

Yeah Thanos was beating Parker's ass too. He very likely beats Hulk and Thor down too which is why Banner is crashed through the roof and Thor is supposedly floating unconscious in space. Hopefully all those feats are pre stones so we can argue him unamped

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:23 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I've seen a few trailer breakdowns and people seem to think it might be Pepper. Like maybe shes wearing a suit trying to help and Thanos cleans her clock which is why Tony is all sad and shit.

Yeah Thanos was beating Parker's ass too. He very likely beats Hulk and Thor down too which is why Banner is crashed through the roof and Thor is supposedly floating unconscious in space. Hopefully all those feats are pre stones so we can argue him unamped

Yeah it could be possible.

However the strength of the suit doesn't change from user to user.

Dominating a more advanced version of the MK46 or 47 is still very impressive.

Yeah, if we consider how Spider Man with no issue dominated Bucky's bionic arm then Thanos must be VERY ****ING STRONG.

If you are right, and Hulk's breaking the Roof is a product of Thanos then Thanos easily outpowers Superman.

Hulk and Superman operate at arround the same levels of strength.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:26 PM
juggerman

If Thanos does single handedly dominate Hulk and Thor with brute strength pre stones (I hope he does) then yeah Superman would get messed up too. You can argue Supes has speed over him though but Thanos might be tough enough to take his hits

Last edited by juggerman on Dec 9th, 2017 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:31 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Thanos wins

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:32 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

If Thanos does single handedly dominate Hulk and Thor with brute strength pre stones (I hope he does) then yeah Superman would get messed up too. You can argue Supes has speed over him though but Thanos might be tough enough to take his hits

If we consider that MCU's Thanos will be a counterpart of DCEU Darkseid then obviously Thanos should > Superman pre stones.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:13 PM
Impediment
Endless

The simple fact is that Thanos has no viable screen feats as of yet.

Superman matched Flash's speed in Justice League and beat the shit out of Steppenwolf.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:25 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Impediment
The simple fact is that Thanos has no viable screen feats as of yet.

Superman matched Flash's speed in Justice League and beat the shit out of Steppenwolf.

Yeah. But placing Steppenwolf in par to Thanos is....Like placing Hawkeye in par to superman.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:45 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

He is featless, you can't really say that.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:51 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Yeah. But placing Steppenwolf in par to Thanos is....Like placing Hawkeye in par to superman.

Thanos is still without viable movie feats, so there is no comparison.

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
He is featless, you can't really say that.

thumb up

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:53 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Virtually invincible demigod vs. Featless purple alien. This is a tough one

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:10 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Get out of here with dominating Spiderman or even Iron Man. That isn't that impressive when compared to fighting Superman.

I really want to see a pre IG Thanos fight the Avengers. If he is dominating the heavy hitters Thor/Hulk then we can talk. Obviously IG Thanos wipes the floor with Superman

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:36 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Impediment
Thanos is still without viable movie feats, so there is no comparison.

thumb up

Yeah. As i said in the beginning...this is a mere speculative fight.

Well we got the trailer feats.

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Get out of here with dominating Spiderman or even Iron Man. That isn't that impressive when compared to fighting Superman.

I really want to see a pre IG Thanos fight the Avengers. If he is dominating the heavy hitters Thor/Hulk then we can talk. Obviously IG Thanos wipes the floor with Superman

Strengthwise it is.

Spiderman can easily outpower Thor in terms of raw strength.

Maybe not to the point to match Superman. But seeing Thanos handle Spiderman as if he was a fly means that Thanos is MASSIVELY STRONG.

If we speculate that Thanos was the one which threw hulk and made him cross the ceiling in the IW trailer then it's safe to assume that Thanos overpowers Superman.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:16 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Spiderman stronger than Thor? Lmao

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:18 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Spiderman can easily outpower Thor in terms of raw strength.

Can Spiderman win a slugfest against Hulk? I don't think so tbh.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:21 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Spiderman stronger than Thor? Lmao

Feat wise yes.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:21 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Stigma
Can Spiderman win a slugfest against Hulk? I don't think so tbh.

We are talking about strength feats not combat feats.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:23 PM