KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman Vs Blink

Aquaman Vs Blink
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
She wasn't intentionally a villain. She was manipulated by Selene.

She it took her awhile to shake selenes influence. PR have you gotten back into X books?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 04:08 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sin I AM
She it took her awhile to shake selenes influence. PR have you gotten back into X books?

Not really. I just remembered the scenes where Strange and Emma freed Blink of the spell Selene put on her and she had her mini-breakdown about how many people she'd killed.

I keep thinking I want to read X-Men Gold, but it isn't very good when I try it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 04:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

tbf I don't think sand would work on Aquaman.

King Hyperion's durability was a bit suspect at times, Namorita could snap his neck.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 04:17 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Not really. I just remembered the scenes where Strange and Emma freed Blink of the spell Selene put on her and she had her mini-breakdown about how many people she'd killed.

I keep thinking I want to read X-Men Gold, but it isn't very good when I try it.

X men Gold...whos team is that Kittys?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 04:38 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

X men Gold...whos team is that Kittys?

Yeah. I was only willing to give it a shot because of Colossus, but I really haven't found it that interesting or well-written.

The book with the teen X-Men sucks too, last I checked.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 04:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by krisblaze
tbf I don't think sand would work on Aquaman.

King Hyperion's durability was a bit suspect at times, Namorita could snap his neck.
Aquaman would tank hundreds of pounds of sand teleported inside him?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 04:59 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Smurph
Aquaman would tank hundreds of pounds of sand teleported inside him?

Yes.

I assume most superhumanly durable people, including King Hyperion tbh, would tank that easily.

The kind of pressure it would generate wouldn't be nearly enough to do any lasting damage to his organs and so on.

Clearly I was off on KH though smile

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 05:20 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Its 616 Blink to keep things even.

This is the only x book i read regularly. It hasnt been bogged down by a dozen unnecessary crossovers. Yet.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 05:23 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Yes.

I assume most superhumanly durable people, including King Hyperion tbh, would tank that easily.

The kind of pressure it would generate wouldn't be nearly enough to do any lasting damage to his organs and so on.

Clearly I was off on KH though smile
It might not crush organs, but it would prevent organs from functioning. Doesn't matter if your lungs are intact if they're filled with sand.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 05:26 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Yeah. I was only willing to give it a shot because of Colossus, but I really haven't found it that interesting or well-written.

The book with the teen X-Men sucks too, last I checked.

I think teen xmen got cancelled. Gold sucks. Idc 4 kitty as leader. You know my thoughts on astonishing. I still cant figure out y teen angel has fire wings. Or wtf happened to hope, cuckoos, etc.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 05:51 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think teen xmen got cancelled. Gold sucks. Idc 4 kitty as leader. You know my thoughts on astonishing. I still cant figure out y teen angel has fire wings. Or wtf happened to hope, cuckoos, etc.

Me either.

They really need to fix basically everything Bendis did. Not that it was great before, but still.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 05:55 AM
krisblaze

It might not crush organs, but it would prevent organs from functioning. Doesn't matter if your lungs are intact if they're filled with sand.

We don't know how Aquamans physiology works.

Even seemingly humanoid creatures like Kryptonians are vastly different to humans.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 05:57 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Even seemingly humanoid creatures like Kryptonians are vastly different to humans.

He is able to talk in water.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 05:58 AM
Smurph
------

He's half human (unless there was a re-retcon?). He bleeds. Any human-sized circulatory system isn't going to work when filled with hundreds of pounds of sand. no expression

C'mon, guys.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 06:06 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Even if he could survive it, he has no way of expelling the sand unless he could flush his system somehow. Not that I can think of.

Unless the trident he has no can do some weird shit, but I haven't been keeping up on his latest stuff.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 06:10 AM
krisblaze

He's half human (unless there was a re-retcon?). He bleeds. Any human-sized circulatory system isn't going to work when filled with hundreds of pounds of sand. no expression

C'mon, guys.

Superman's not supposed to work with his heart cut in half either.

Viltrumites aren't supposed to keep going with their guts torn out, etc.

Even King Hyperion took a wholesome beating from two other Hyperions after that.

Arthur's accustomed to pressure at extreme depths so the sand wouldn't bloat him up like it did against KH.

And

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
It only got inside Hyperion because he vibrated

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 07:04 AM
DarkSaint85

Teth is really on point lately, kudos.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 07:08 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Yeah.

I'm not wholly convinced by my argument though, but I really do think there's a case to be made for "absurd injuries" not disabling superhumanly durable guys. Especially those who aren't strictly human.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 07:10 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For what it's worth, I don't think the sand would make him bloat either. I think his resistance to those kinds of pressures, even taking it all at once, would only do so much before his insides compressed it enough to need flushing.

TBH though, I don't see Blink using that attack. This isn't even Exiles Blink per the OPs decision.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 07:13 AM
riv6672

He is able to talk in water.

Its like Superman hearing in real time despite the speed of sound. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 10:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote