KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield: V

Battlefield: V
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Jesus, what a chaotic trailer. That was bordering on parody. I'm not sure if that was the best showcase they could have had.

The main two points the live event made were big pluses IMO.

1. No more premium. All maps and modes will be free.

2. This goes hand in hand with the first point, but there will be tons of soldier customization. The trailer did a good job of showcasing that. Trench coats, fully functional prosthetic arms (lol), headgear, tattoos, bandoliers, katannas, (etc...). I actually like this. On one hand, it sacrifices realism (I'm sorry Smasandian). German soldiers wont look like german soldiers. On the other, it pays for everyone's maps and modes being free (I'm assuming this will be left to RNG boxes), and I've always liked personalization. It goes the way of Overwatch and Gears 4, and that way works best IMO.

Overall it looks crazy and somewhat arcady. Realism is what killed BF1 for me (though this may be crossing the line a bit; I'm assuming that the game isn't ever actually that over the top). Everything felt too subdued and I like my BF chaotic. BF1 is the first BF I haven't reached level 100 on a few short months after launch. It didn't click with me like previous entries. I'm cautiously optimistic but I need to see what settings they use and how the maps look.

Also, I noticed that trailer featured old school ticket bleed. Thank god. BF1 conquest was a shell of its former self. I also like the OG Battlefield theme making a comeback, though BF1 did knock it out of the park with its music.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 23rd, 2018 at 09:47 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 09:34 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Man WTH is happening in that trailer?

Free modes and maps is always a good thing. The DLC and their prices were what kept distance between me and this series for awhile.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 10:22 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

His description of what he played sounds better. They should have showcased all that instead.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Man WTH is happening in that trailer?

Free modes and maps is always a good thing. The DLC and their prices were what kept distance between me and this series for awhile.
That's understandable. Premium has been both 50 dollars and 40 dollars with different entries, and both are a bit much. I did get my moneys worth in all the entries besides BF1, but premium in BF1 was a total waste for me.

PWNT

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 10:29 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 11:19 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

No surprise they'd withhold from showing the epic gameplay with E3 around the corner despite everyone already knowing the details -_-

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 23rd, 2018 at 11:57 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 11:54 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

They've made tons of big changes. Every piece of this sounds phenomenal. Why wasn't all this showcased during that reveal instead of that lame trailer?

quote:
1. You no longer regen to full health. You need a medic for this. It's no longer an AOE heal. You have to interact with med packs and watch a full animation.

2. Anyone can revive a player on their team. Medics revive quicker and to full health, unlike other classes. This is also a full animation.

3. Bodies are server side, which means they have full ragdoll physics and are interactable. For example, you can drag your teammates behind cover to heal them if they're in a risky spot and you don't want to go through the full animation in the open.

4. You can set down fortifications in key locations (sandbax, fox holes, trenches, etc). Support players are the only ones who can set down offensive fortification options with turrets and the works. You can also rebuild destroyed buildings. Support builds quicker than other classes.

5. You don't spawn with tons of ammo so you'll need to actually refill ammo. This is also a full animation instead of an AOE restock. You can refill off packs/crates from support players, supply depots, and dead bodies.

6. Grenades can be thrown back or shot to explode quicker. That said, grenades have been toned down. You wont be showered in them like BF1 again.

7. The movement system has been overhauled. You have a body now. You can dive ingame. You can dive forwards, backwards, and to the sides and your character will shoot from this position (this was shown in the trailer). Think similar to Rainbow Six Siege. There is also now a crouch sprint if you want to move but keep a low profile. You can also jump out of windows. You don't have to shoot out the glass first; you just burst through. A large explosion will knock over your soldier, even if its not fatal.

8. You can tow things ingame with your vehicles (stationary anti-air guns, supply depots, field cannons).

9. No premium which means free map packs and modes

10. Your soldiers and vehicles have tons of customization options. You can create a soldier and add them to your existing pool of soldiers. You can change gender, hair, facial hair, ethnicity, jackets, headgear, accessories, prosthetic limbs, and the class archetype that soldier will be. The archetypes are apparently very in depth. For example, an assault soldier can now specialize in being anti-personnel or anti-vehicle or more exotic archetypes (for example, a fully stealth recon build with silenced weapons, silent footsteps, and throwing knives). Soldiers have full skill trees that allow for tons of customization in how they play.

11. The spotting system has changed somehow. You have to watch the world and actually find enemies visually instead of relying on the minimap.

12. Gunplay has been completely revamped. There is no artificial screen recoil. Every gun has unique recoil patterns you can learn that lend to a higher skill ceiling. Weapons also have a specialization system similar to soldiers with 5-7 different elements you can change about them besides just the visual elements (which is also extensive in its own right). I'm assuming this is in answer to BF1s barebones weapon customization and variances. Tanks and vehicles follow this same system.

13. Destruction has been reworked. An explosion inside of a building will blow walls outward. An explosion outside a building will blow walls inwards. Tanks will push and break walls inwards as they drive into buildings, and buildings without proper supports will break down over time. The destruction is more believable as opposed to how obvious and scripted it was in BF4 and 1.

14. You can shoot during movements like vaulting, diving, and jumping. This cannot be abused like prior entries or COD. All the movements have limits on this which makes it not ideal.

15. Bullet penetration has been added and depends on the weapon and surface you're trying to shoot through.

16. There is a greater focus on squad play. You have to work with your medics and support players to be most effective, and there are a ton of incentives for doing so. A good squad can call for supply drops, rocket support, smoke barrages, heavy weapon pick ups, and squad only vehicles. All this costs squad points and can only be requested by the squad leader.

17. Not a change but war stories will be back, which is great. I liked the the BF1 campaign more than prior games for this.

18. They added a new game mode called Grand Operations which take place over four matches. Each match can have different objectives (which DICE will regularly change) and will impact the matches after it (for example, you may have to take out 4 anti-air guns one match and then have a front lines battle with air vehicles included the next match). It only goes to the fourth match if the teams are fairly even. This 4th match is called final stand, and every player spawns in with a single life.

19. They've added a 4-player coop mode with a dynamic mission creator and you use your custom multiplayer soldiers for this.

20. Tides of War: Dice will now be hosting huge community events and goals, and the new maps will be introduced threw these. They will reward customization options. They're promising tons of community interaction over this games lifetime.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 24th, 2018 at 12:49 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:34 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

As Nemesis said, E3 is around the corner and in reality, all those details are very specific and not a place for a live reveal.

It had enough to hold my interest until publications deep dive into the details of the game.

And I assume the reveal trailer is what MP will probably look like and how cosmetics will work within the game. Hell, I give them credit for creating a trailer on what usually happens in multiplayer (dive to prone and destroying somebody with a huge machine gun) instead of those fake trailers where people play the game realistically and use voice chat.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 01:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I forget if they mentioned anything regarding the airborne mode. I'm taking a guess that it's a DICE version of battle royale.

Or something very similar.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 01:31 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

I think the new changes to the game will be great. Hope a better trailer is shown at E3 though.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 09:16 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I feel like buying this game out of a guarantee it'll repel idiots and keep them away from it's multiplayer. The dislike bar for the reveal trailer is outnumbering the likes. Most of the complaints I'm finding are basically "it's not a Battlefield game if you have women and peg legged men fighting in the war! This is not historically accurate! #NotMyBattlefield REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Yes, I suppose Resistance groups were picky on who wanted to oppose the Nazis invading their home...

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 29th, 2018 at 05:37 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2018 05:33 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, I find that ridiculous.

Battlfield takes its queues from historical settings (or real life) but it's far from realism as it can be. Nobody has a problem when people can hitch rides on the airplane wings or when players exit a jet, kill another jet with a rocket launcher and then get back into the same jet....yet....a woman with a historical accurate prosthetic arm is too much.

I didn't mind the reveal trailer because they had the balls to show how MP in Battlefield actually plays out. I'm pretty sure somebody running into a building and then jumping out the window when a tank shows up probably happens 99% of the time in every MP match.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 12:24 PM
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yes, I find that ridiculous.

Battlfield takes its queues from historical settings (or real life) but it's far from realism as it can be. Nobody has a problem when people can hitch rides on the airplane wings or when players exit a jet, kill another jet with a rocket launcher and then get back into the same jet....yet....a woman with a historical accurate prosthetic arm is too much.

I didn't mind the reveal trailer because they had the balls to show how MP in Battlefield actually plays out. I'm pretty sure somebody running into a building and then jumping out the window when a tank shows up probably happens 99% of the time in every MP match.
To be fair, gameplay realism isn't the same as art design/presentation realism. For those history buffs who wanted to immerse themselves as much as as possible (TBH I assumed you would be one of these after I remembered some of your posts in this thread; I'm glad you're not enough of a stickler to avoid the game), it sucks and I get the criticism. No more turning off the HUD in hardcore and using recognizable factions to fight anymore. The main problem is all the prejudiced individuals who are using this as an excuse to spout their veiled bullshit. They should just add a Hardline type option in the menu that visually disables all the non authentic gear like katanas and prosthetic arms for those who want realism IMO.

That said, I don't care. I love all player choice, and I especially love being able to customize my characters. Bring it on.

PWNT

Old Post May 29th, 2018 05:00 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm assuming there will be an option to disable character customization for people who host servers. Or at least some sort of hardcore mode.

I'm not sure if character customization is available for every mode or not.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 08:49 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It's confirmed Battlefield V will not have lootboxes. Good. Hate 'em.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 06:14 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

In case anyone missed the news, this game's gonna have a battle royale mode. Yay....

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 02:06 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, wasn't surprised but it's nice that it's just another mode you can play.

It will have SP, co-op SP (I think?), same old conquest/rush and a updated version of Operations (fantastic mode from BF1) and then a royale mode.

It might not be that bad considering destruction and vehicles will play a role....it could be neat....but at least they are adding more than just a royale mode with this game.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 04:08 AM
Arachnid1

Holy crap, I love that rendition of House of the Rising Sun. Hopefully they release a full version of it with the game. Also, good trailer. Miles better than the last.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 07:55 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Apparently pre-order sales are pretty low as of now and every other retard is blaming it on whole women in the frontline controversy. 🤦🏻

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 12:44 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen AngryJoe's video on this, Talking about how all the Anti-SJW's people are actually celebrating because the game has low pre-order sales

Attachment: picardfacepalm.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 02:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Because it has woman....

Yes, most of the fighting didn't have woman in it but they contributed to the war effort in a very significant way. From building things for the war machine, medical services and ensuring the people on the field get everything they need to get. That's shit is super ****ing important. The war was one not because of how good the fighters were or technology superioty (which the allies did not have) but how many damn tanks/vehicles/weapons were built.....it took 3-4 Shermans to take down a Tiger but they could build them a fast as ****ing possible.

Just plain misogyny.

And pre-sales are affected because a. it's another BF and b. shitty ****ing history with Battlefront 2.

If this game is good and supported by EA....it will probably still do well.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 05:29 PM