KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield: V

Battlefield: V
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Dunno about that. With Red Dead Redemption 2 out the same month, Battlefield V will probably wind up like Titanfall 2.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 20th, 2018 at 02:54 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 02:52 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't think it will be that bad. People will buy it but I don't think it's going to be as popular as BF4.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 03:22 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah there's no way it'll sell as little as Titanfall. It will sell just fine, especially if the battle royale mode ends up getting traction.

The fact is these military style shooters like BF and COD just aren't as popular as they used to be. Their time in the sun came and went and this is just going to be the new normal for them, imo.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 03:30 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 07:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah there's no way it'll sell as little as Titanfall. It will sell just fine, especially if the battle royale mode ends up getting traction.

The fact is these military style shooters like BF and COD just aren't as popular as they used to be. Their time in the sun came and went and this is just going to be the new normal for them, imo.

I would say you are right but CoD:WW2 was the highest selling game last year....not sure what to make out about that.

I really believe it's the Battlefront 2 fallout that is hurting this game.

But is it? They say pre-orders are down but are the counting PC?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 07:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Good point about Battlefront 2, think that's more likely a cause than women being in the game or whatever.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 11:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I hope it is. People get that angry about woman in a war game? I don't get it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 03:44 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's a multi-layered issue that has come up with EA before. There are some people that don't like that women are in the game, sure. Then there are people that don't like that EA has in the past marketed games like Battlefield as being as authentic an experience as possible. Adding in cyborg arms and samurai swords goes against that. And there's Battlefront like you said. That whole lootboxes thing caused them massively.

It's just EA being EA. Remember when criticism of games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect was apparently because bigots didn't like trans people, and not because the games had issues themselves?

All that said, I don't think people should preorder games anyway. Preorder culture has gotten way, WAY out of hand ever since digital releases removed the problem of supply.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 10:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Battlefield has never been an authentic experience in any way other than the guns look realistic. EA saying otherwise has always just been marketing spiel.

The thing with ME and DA, while there are obviously legitimate criticisms to be had with each series, there is a subset of mouth-breathing retards who did get upset over gay/trans representation and who were very vocal about it, while laboring under the guise of taking part in thoughtful criticism of other aspects. Them doing this tarnishes attempts to actually have a sincere dialogue about meaningful issues with the game. The same thing is happening with this BF game. I'm sure there are some people who have legitimate concerns, but they are drowned out by the morons celebrating low presale numbers as some kind of anti sjw win, or proof that their political ideals are winning out, when in reality it's probably just fatigue for this type of game setting in, or various other more subtle less political reasons.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 08:13 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Also, just because previous version of the game were marketed as close as real as possible doesn't mean this one is.

It's clearly marketed for BF fans. Crazy shit happen all the time. I suspect the game you are getting is closely to resemble the trailers/marketing.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 09:30 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BackFire
Battlefield has never been an authentic experience in any way other than the guns look realistic. EA saying otherwise has always just been marketing spiel.

The thing with ME and DA, while there are obviously legitimate criticisms to be had with each series, there is a subset of mouth-breathing retards who did get upset over gay/trans representation and who were very vocal about it, while laboring under the guise of taking part in thoughtful criticism of other aspects. Them doing this tarnishes attempts to actually have a sincere dialogue about meaningful issues with the game. The same thing is happening with this BF game. I'm sure there are some people who have legitimate concerns, but they are drowned out by the morons celebrating low presale numbers as some kind of anti sjw win, or proof that their political ideals are winning out, when in reality it's probably just fatigue for this type of game setting in, or various other more subtle less political reasons.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Also, just because previous version of the game were marketed as close as real as possible doesn't mean this one is.

It's clearly marketed for BF fans. Crazy shit happen all the time. I suspect the game you are getting is closely to resemble the trailers/marketing.

I'm not arguing any of those points (whether I agree or not). I was just saying that EA has a history of deflecting criticism away from themselves and blaming handy scapegoats for their own shortcomings. And they're going to keep doing it, no matter how much they harp on about having a "moral compass" now. If BF V (and subsequently Anthem) bombs, I'm sure there'll be all sorts of excuses as to why, none of which will really be true.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Aug 22nd, 2018 at 12:04 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 11:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I got cut off. I meant to add that any kind of meaningful dialogue won't happen unless EA themselves is willing to sit down and discuss why their games are not selling the way they want them to, without using said scapegoats because, even using the DA/ME example, that vocal minority whining about pandering still bought the games for the most part.

I don't want Bioware to go the way of other studios if Anthem bombs, but it's up to EA to start taking shit seriously first and foremost.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 12:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't know why the preorders are weak. Could be any number of reasons. Then again they did tell gamers complaining if they didn't like it to just not buy the game. Maybe they listened.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Dunno about that. With Red Dead Redemption 2 out the same month, Battlefield V will probably wind up like Titanfall 2.

The Battlefield franchise is much bigger than Titanfall though. So I don't think this would be an excuse for failure.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 01:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I read that pre-orders for upcoming fall games are below expectations. It could just be as simple as people don't pre order anymore.

Well..except for Red Dead Redemption 2 but that's a special case.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:47 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Surtur
Don't know why the preorders are weak. Could be any number of reasons. Then again they did tell gamers complaining if they didn't like it to just not buy the game. Maybe they listened.

The Battlefield franchise is much bigger than Titanfall though. So I don't think this would be an excuse for failure.
Can you be a little less predictable?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:54 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Can you be a little less predictable?

Can you? Cuz I knew you'd whine. Leftists always do whenever they are confronted with the possibility SJW bullshit might do more harm than good.

I said nothing controversial: these weak preorders could mean anything. "People took the advice of EA and decided not to buy the game" is just one possibility.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 09:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

**** off with the leftist bullshit.

A company added woman to a game. How terrifying for people....

"Oh but history.....yeah... because I highly doubt soldiers crouched walked on a wing of spitfire."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 10:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
**** off with the leftist bullshit.

A company added woman to a game. How terrifying for people....

"Oh but history.....yeah... because I highly doubt soldiers crouched walked on a wing of spitfire."

This kind of shit comes from the left, but okay.

I feel like the addition was not necessary, but also feel that anyone who truly loves this series probably won't care.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 05:25 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Some day you'll grow up and understand how things work. Maybe even get some work for yourself!

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 02:22 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Please keep the left v right bollocks in the GDF. It has no place here.

Putting women in to BFV will only, as usual, piss off a vocal minority. Anyone claiming (and I'm sure we'll see them claiming it) that it hurt sales in any significant way is, imo, just diverting from the fact that EA has taken a beating this last while, and deservedly so. Battlefront 2 is STILL recovering from what happened, and it's been reported that EA has plans in place if BFV bombs. As in, they're already accepting that it very well might happen.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 10:24 AM