KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield: V

Battlefield: V
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I dunno, I really have troulbe imagining BFV full out bombing. It's such a huge and popular franchise, and the games are almost always good. I imagine it may get off to a slow start, but if it gets good reviews and good word of mouth, I imagine in the long run it'll be fine.

Guess it also depends on what they consider a bomb.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 08:32 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Considering the only thing that is suggesting its going to bomb is the idea that pre-order sales are less than expected.

Even though all fall titles are in the same boat aside from Red Dead.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 12:51 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's just too many good looking games coming up, Gotta be a rich prick to pre-order them all.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I dunno, I really have troulbe imagining BFV full out bombing. It's such a huge and popular franchise, and the games are almost always good. I imagine it may get off to a slow start, but if it gets good reviews and good word of mouth, I imagine in the long run it'll be fine.

Guess it also depends on what they consider a bomb.

Yeah. EA's idea of one and ours could be completely different.

I just hope that whatever happens, Dice don't go the way of other studios under EA's banner.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 12:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Some day you'll grow up and understand how things work. Maybe even get some work for yourself!

Irony overload. Moving on kiddo.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 01:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
There's just too many good looking games coming up, Gotta be a rich prick to pre-order them all.

There are good games coming up, but this isn't an excuse for an established franchise like Battlefield to fail.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 01:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Going to play there open beta soon

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2018 06:00 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Yeah, I'll take a pass on this.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2018 06:30 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 07:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seen the customization stuff from Angry Joe. Seriously what the **** charging people to unlock certain attachments, When in the past most of it was free the more you use that particular weapon.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 12:12 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by -Pr-
Huh. Okay.

https://wccftech.com/battlefield-v-...-customization/

But now what will people pretend to be mad about.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 09:14 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

But now what will people pretend to be mad about.

I'm sure they'll find something. Can't help but think this will bite them in the ass somehow. Trying to please everyone ends up pleasing noone.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 12:05 PM
BackFire

I can't help but think that none of this will really matter. If the game is good, if the battle royale mode is good, then people will end up buying it. None of this superficial shit will matter.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 08:41 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not a big fan of battle royale but I'm interested to see what they do with it.

It could be damn fun with the vehicles and destruction.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 09:51 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I can't help but think that none of this will really matter. If the game is good, if the battle royale mode is good, then people will end up buying it. None of this superficial shit will matter.

And then we'll see what EA considers to be a successful launch.

Battlefront 2 is STILL struggling to this day over what happened. BFV needs a strong start.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 07:26 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe. Even if this game "fails", there will be another one in the 2-3 years. Most likely modern combat again.

And if this game is good, word of a mouth will keep it a float. And...they can always release it for EA Access/MS Game Pass.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 11:52 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm not a big fan of battle royale but I'm interested to see what they do with it.

It could be damn fun with the vehicles and destruction.

Battlefield should have the best battleroyale mode in existence, they have all the ingredients in their games already, it's in the very DNA of the series.

And then we'll see what EA considers to be a successful launch.

Battlefront 2 is STILL struggling to this day over what happened. BFV needs a strong start.

The Battlefront 2 controversy was a lot more intense, widespread and unique than this one, that one was being covered extensively by non-gaming media outlets and affected the very gameplay and progression. This is all superficial and aesthetic shit which won't affect how the game actually plays.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 01:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well clearly they haven't learnt their lesson's over Battlefront 2, I'd be surprised if BFV does good.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 03:10 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why?

I didn't understand the comment regarding charging people for attachments because I have not been able to find any information about letting people pay cash for attachments. Just for cosmetics.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 03:03 PM
Arachnid1

Love it so far. The shooting feels much improved from BF1 and similar to BF3 for some reason. The map design for the launch maps is top notch this time around too.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 02:09 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote