KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The next big bad in the MCU

The next big bad in the MCU
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Again this notion that POWER = Greatness is absurd.

Also, you're factually incorrect. Doom has been more powerful than Thanos with the IG several times...

But again, you don't need to have Doom have universe altering power to be a great and compelling villain. Zemo is one of the best villains and he had 0 power. In fact, Zemo is the only MCU villain to "Win". I'm confident they can do Doom properly.


quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Oh, ffs....here we go...

1. Yes he would and has been before....
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4c/87/ba/4c87ba7d35067fb652dccdf0f8b5925f--avengers-comics-the-avengers.jpg[/img

2. YES. HE. IS. He is the epitome of a Supervillain....

3. He is both....

4. Have you read a Doom story in your life?

5. See above...
This

Doom is arguably the greatest Marvel comic book supervillain ever made. Anyone who talks him down just cant be taken seriously.


__________________


PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:58 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:52 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This

Doom is arguably the greatest Marvel comic book supervillain ever made. Anyone who talks him down just cant be taken seriously.


laughing out loud

You don't replace a lion with a cat!

Even if Doom is the better villain. We are talking about power here. Thanos is way more powerful than Doom!

Anyone who claims otherwise isn't worth taking seriously.


__________________

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 01:12 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
thumb up


I don't pretend to know more than you of Dr. Doom (Considering that you have him on your profile pic and signature - It's clear you are a big fan of him).

But my knowledge over the Marvel panorama is enough to tell you that Doom won't be the next Big Bad guy in the MCU.


__________________

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 01:14 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Professional

Gender: Male
Location: My own little world

Moderator

Doom is Marvel's greatest villain with a fantastically rich history of notoriety.


__________________

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 01:25 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

next big bad is going to be all the dc characters since WB will be selling them to Disney real soon


__________________



Thanks Steve.. UI Goku, Jiren and Vegeta

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 02:00 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
laughing out loud

You don't replace a lion with a cat!

Even if Doom is the better villain. We are talking about power here. Thanos is way more powerful than Doom!

Anyone who claims otherwise isn't worth taking seriously.
Doom has had more power than Thanos on like 5 different occasions, probably other times that I'm forgetting about.

Anyway, if Marvel is truly trying to build their movie universe, they are going to need to include their greatest antagonist.


__________________



Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 02:10 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This

Doom is arguably the greatest Marvel comic book supervillain ever made. Anyone who talks him down just cant be taken seriously.
This is all subjective so relax. You seem pretty narrow minded and foolishly believes your own opinion is a fact. It isn't. We will see what the MCU has in store but I'd bet against him as the next big bad. Want to take the bet ?


__________________

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 03:24 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Gender: Male
Location: Right here

I'm not saying that Doom WILL be the next big bad, but he WOULD make a great villain in the MCU and absolutely could be the next big bad. Who knows.. I doubt they'll have the rights sorted out in time anyway..unfortunately.

If I were to guess I'd say Doom arrives in the MCU within the next 3 years.


__________________

"MCU's Best Villain....coming soon."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 03:31 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I win

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I'm not saying that Doom WILL be the next big bad, but he WOULD make a great villain in the MCU and absolutely could be the next big bad. Who knows.. I doubt they'll have the rights sorted out in time anyway..unfortunately.

If I were to guess I'd say Doom arrives in the MCU within the next 3 years.
I know you want him to be but I don't. Opinions vary. I'm trying to tell arachnid that just because people aren't enthralled with Doom it's all subjective and he needs to relax. I'm also curious if he will take my bet.

I'd agree he will arrive in the next three years.


__________________

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 03:36 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I'm not saying that Doom WILL be the next big bad, but he WOULD make a great villain in the MCU and absolutely could be the next big bad. Who knows.. I doubt they'll have the rights sorted out in time anyway..unfortunately.

If I were to guess I'd say Doom arrives in the MCU within the next 3 years.


I never said that Doom wouldnt be a good villain. I even think he could be better than Loki!

However Doom is not the villain you look to replace the Mad Titan.

Thanos is the Big Bad right now. Someone scarier and more terrible must be look to replace him.

Disney already bought Fox. Its a matter of how long before MCU comes with a script for Doom.

Id say 2 years.


__________________

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 04:36 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I never said that Doom wouldnt be a good villain. I even think he could be better than Loki!

However Doom is not the villain you look to replace the Mad Titan.

Thanos is the Big Bad right now. Someone scarier and more terrible must be look to replace him.

Disney already bought Fox. Its a matter of how long before MCU comes with a script for Doom.

Id say 2 years.
Doom is substantially smarter, more arrogant/confident, sometimes more powerful, waaay more layered, more capable, and has a ton more phenomenal stories to pull from that don't even involve the FF. He can easily be a worldwide threat and he doesn't need a gauntlet to do it. He has fought gods, the devil, and became a god himself. Hell, God Emperor Doom had the FF, Avengers, Thanos and tons of other Marvel comics characters team up against him, and flat out called himself God in conversation with fking Thanos right before he murdered him. He wasn't far off either. God Emperor Doom is one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. He dwarves Thanos with the Gauntlet, Galactus, and every Celestial, and is even comparable to The Living Tribunal. The best part is, his motivations are completely selfish. It all boils down to his arrogance. Thanos does it out of love for a girl, which is a classic motivation too but also kind of lame for a villain.

When it comes to supervillains, Doctor Doom is the true embodiment of the term. I think of him when I think of supervillains the same way I think of Superman when I think of superheroes. The guy has a presence and capability no other villain comes close to. Thanos may possibly be in the top 7 Marvel villains. Doom is in the running for #1 when it comes to comics in general. The MCU bringing him into the fold is a HUGE deal.

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/86/...ec4c1607881.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4FdpD1b.jpg
https://static2.comicvine.com/uploa...1CDRsULZcP%3Ds0


__________________


PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Dec 16th, 2017 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 09:43 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

(please log in to view the image)

Man, I want to see this guy done justice in an MCU movie.

https://static.businessinsider.com/...b46ba/image.jpg

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
This is all subjective so relax. You seem pretty narrow minded and foolishly believes your own opinion is a fact. It isn't. We will see what the MCU has in store but I'd bet against him as the next big bad. Want to take the bet ?
I'm not saying that you cant have a subjective thought or opinion. You can like or dislike a villain all you like. It's like Negan and the Governor. You don't like Negan, and thats fine, but he's had more impact on the group and TWD in general. Doom has a much bigger pool of stories to pull from, and has been the center of so many Marvel events that even looking at him objectively, you have to acknowledge the fact that he is a huge threat in his own right and easily as big as Thanos.

That bet is a bit random. What do you define as "big bad"? Ultron was big enough to be an Avengers villain but he's no Thanos. TBH I'd bet on him being a big bad eventually (most likely after whoever comes next), but he may need set up before then. Phase 4 is already completely planned out so it's more likely he'll be integrated after for Phase 5 or 6 since they barely got him back. He needs to be at the center of an FF story first for sure.


__________________


PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Dec 16th, 2017 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 10:00 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Professional

Gender: Male
Location: My own little world

Moderator

Doom needs to be introduced into the MCU, but not as Doctor Doom the mega super villain.

Victor Von Doom appears, gains a reputation for being a super genius like Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, is known for his incredible intellectual narcissism and ego, and his background in gypsy magic is made known to the viewers.

That all seems like the logical way to set up Doom as opposed to making another FF film and throwing all of it into 90 minutes.


__________________

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 10:16 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Doom needs to be introduced into the MCU, but not as Doctor Doom the mega super villain.

Victor Von Doom appears, gains a reputation for being a super genius like Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, is known for his incredible intellectual narcissism and ego, and his background in gypsy magic is made known to the viewers.

That all seems like the logical way to set up Doom as opposed to making another FF film and throwing all of it into 90 minutes.
Yeah, agreed. One of the things I've always liked about Doom was his ambition and sense of growth both mentally and in terms of power. Start him off there, work him up to dictator of Latveria, and go big from there but give him an arc instead of a 10 second scene after a movie here and there like Thanos. Build him up properly.


__________________


PWNT

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 10:20 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Gender: Male
Location: Right here

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Doom needs to be introduced into the MCU, but not as Doctor Doom the mega super villain.

Victor Von Doom appears, gains a reputation for being a super genius like Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, is known for his incredible intellectual narcissism and ego, and his background in gypsy magic is made known to the viewers.

That all seems like the logical way to set up Doom as opposed to making another FF film and throwing all of it into 90 minutes.
Yah, as I said I'd love to see him get his solo movie like he was going to, but have the MCU behind it. I have faith the MCU can do Doom justice.


__________________

"MCU's Best Villain....coming soon."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 10:47 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Doom is substantially smarter, more arrogant/confident, sometimes more powerful, waaay more layered, more capable, and has a ton more phenomenal stories to pull from that don't even involve the FF. He can easily be a worldwide threat and he doesn't need a gauntlet to do it. He has fought gods, the devil, and became a god himself. Hell, God Emperor Doom had the FF, Avengers, Thanos and tons of other Marvel comics characters team up against him, and flat out called himself God in conversation with fking Thanos right before he murdered him. He wasn't far off either. God Emperor Doom is one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. He dwarves Thanos with the Gauntlet, Galactus, and every Celestial, and is even comparable to The Living Tribunal. The best part is, his motivations are completely selfish. It all boils down to his arrogance. Thanos does it out of love for a girl, which is a classic motivation too but also kind of lame for a villain.

When it comes to supervillains, Doctor Doom is the true embodiment of the term. I think of him when I think of supervillains the same way I think of Superman when I think of superheroes. The guy has a presence and capability no other villain comes close to. Thanos may possibly be in the top 7 Marvel villains. Doom is in the running for #1 when it comes to comics in general. The MCU bringing him into the fold is a HUGE deal.

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/86/...ec4c1607881.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4FdpD1b.jpg
https://static2.comicvine.com/uploa...1CDRsULZcP%3Ds0


Doom is nowhere near the level of power of Thanos!

HAHAHA except the Infinity Gaunlet isn't a worldwide threat! It's a UNIVERSAL THREAT. Something Doom could never replicate unless he gathers the gaunlet himself!

Sorry to break you heart, but when you think of evil in the Marvel Universe you think of Thanos!

Doom is a FF villain. Whilst Thanos is a villain of Marvel as a whole!

Even Galactus recognizes Thanos as a threat. Doom doesn't have such respect.


__________________

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 11:08 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
(please log in to view the image)

Man, I want to see this guy done justice in an MCU movie.

https://static.businessinsider.com/...b46ba/image.jpg

I'm not saying that you cant have a subjective thought or opinion. You can like or dislike a villain all you like. It's like Negan and the Governor. You don't like Negan, and thats fine, but he's had more impact on the group and TWD in general. Doom has a much bigger pool of stories to pull from, and has been the center of so many Marvel events that even looking at him objectively, you have to acknowledge the fact that he is a huge threat in his own right and easily as big as Thanos.

That bet is a bit random. What do you define as "big bad"? Ultron was big enough to be an Avengers villain but he's no Thanos. TBH I'd bet on him being a big bad eventually (most likely after whoever comes next), but he may need set up before then. Phase 4 is already completely planned out so it's more likely he'll be integrated after for Phase 5 or 6 since they barely got him back. He needs to be at the center of an FF story first for sure.


laughing out loud

That is God Doom. For that you require a Secret Wars movie!

In which case, AS I MENTIONED BEFORE the next MCU Supervillain would be the Beyonder/Beyonders!

So, again Doom isn't going to be the next Big Bad of the MCU.


__________________

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 11:10 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Gender: Male
Location: Right here

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Doom is nowhere near the level of power of Thanos!

HAHAHA except the Infinity Gaunlet isn't a worldwide threat! It's a UNIVERSAL THREAT. Something Doom could never replicate unless he gathers the gaunlet himself!

Sorry to break you heart, but when you think of evil in the Marvel Universe you think of Thanos!

Doom is a FF villain. Whilst Thanos is a villain of Marvel as a whole!

Even Galactus recognizes Thanos as a threat. Doom doesn't have such respect.
Do you understand the definition of "Conflating"? Or, confusing? Let me help you here....

1. Again, Power =/= A good villain
2. No one can replicate the infinity gauntlet levels of power without THOTU or Godhood...etc... it's not like Thanos is Infinity Gauntlet level power often.
3. Evil =/= A good villain
4. Doom is a villain that is seen in the pages of the FF, of that you are right. But Doom is a Supervillain that has taken on and defeated teams of heroes, planets and the Universe itself...
5. Doom has defeated Galactus on multiple occasions... Galactus Knows Doom is a threat.


__________________

"MCU's Best Villain....coming soon."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 11:27 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Doom is nowhere near the level of power of Thanos!

HAHAHA except the Infinity Gaunlet isn't a worldwide threat! It's a UNIVERSAL THREAT. Something Doom could never replicate unless he gathers the gaunlet himself!

Sorry to break you heart, but when you think of evil in the Marvel Universe you think of Thanos!

Doom is a FF villain. Whilst Thanos is a villain of Marvel as a whole!

Even Galactus recognizes Thanos as a threat. Doom doesn't have such respect.
Galactus isn't as powerful as Thanos with the Gauntlet. He's up there, but doesn't beat him out. Both are only a fraction of God Emperor Doom, which means that yes, he can be a universal threat. In fact, the Beyonders abilities made him a multiversal threat.

Either way, the point of all that is to show that Doom at his most powerful has dwarfed some of the most powerful villains Marvel has had to offer. Power itself doesn't make one the best villain, but he has had that capability many times over. That said, his best stories IMO are the ones that have kept him more grounded and showcased his character, intellect, and ruthlessness. Those are the stories I want them to adapt (at least to start off).

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
laughing out loud

That is God Doom. For that you require a Secret Wars movie!

In which case, AS I MENTIONED BEFORE the next MCU Supervillain would be the Beyonder/Beyonders!

So, again Doom isn't going to be the next Big Bad of the MCU.
I'm not arguing who's going to be next. Thats not the point of any of those posts. Chances are they've already planned out the next big bad and they've only recently acquired the rights to Fox. The point is Doom has the capability to deliver us the best Marvel stories to date, and he can easily be an epic threat. He is the best antagonist Marvel has to offer. Eventually, he will be a big bad. Probably not the next, but he's coming.

The Beyonder would actually be cool although it's hard to see current MCU having any kind of chance against him. I still even have doubts we'll get to see Thanos use the gauntlet to it's full comic level capability nevermind the Beyonder or God Emperor Doom.


__________________


PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Dec 16th, 2017 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 11:37 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

i honestly do not care who the next big bad will be... i am happy and looking forward to what Marvel does with these characters


__________________



Thanks Steve.. UI Goku, Jiren and Vegeta

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 12:46 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 01:42 AM.
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The next big bad in the MCU

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.