KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Political Leanings of KMC

Political Leanings of KMC
Started by: DarthSkywalker0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Political Leanings of KMC

Very simply prompt. State your party, political ideology, 3 favorite pundits, and name who you would have voted for in the 2016 election.

My answers are Independent, Austro-Paleolibertarian, Tom Woods, Scott Horton, and Bob Murphy. I would have probably voted for Trump.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker0 on Dec 13th, 2017 at 04:42 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:34 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll have to think about the pundits, as for the rest, I don't identify with any one party. I have things from both sides I agree with. I would not want to be solely lumped in with either party.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

1. I do not have a party (Some Libertarian, Some Green party, Some Independent leanings. I'm a "true centrist" with a very slight lean towards libertarianism).

2. Centrist (US) with a libertarian lean.

3. I don't have any. But I have enjoyed political commentary from Christopher Hitchens, Steven Crowder, Tucker Carlson, Cenk Uygur, Ron Paul, Ben Shapiro, Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Milo Yiannopoulos, and very lately I took a liking to Donna Brazile.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:46 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I tend to agree with Surt in that I wouldn't really want to be lumped in with either party.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
1. I do not have a party (Some Libertarian, Some Green party, Some Independent leanings. I'm a "true centrist" with a very slight lean towards libertarianism).

This. But if I had to choose it would be sort of left of center, especially on social issues. You know, things that liberals should champion: free speech, women's rights, gay rights, etc..

Tump is an idiot and an insult to our nation.

I like Sam Harris, Bill Maher, and John Oliver.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:55 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'm the altrightest guy around here.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:56 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I use the voteforpolicies website. Typically I match to the Green Party but they don't often stand candidates in my constituency so can only vote for them in proportional representation elections (I'm in the UK)

My favourite political commentators are Noam Chomsky, James O'brien, Jonathan Pie

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:57 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Very simply prompt. State your party, political ideology, 3 favorite pundits, and name who you would have voted for in the 2016 election.

My answers are Independent, Austro-Paleolibertarian, Tom Woods, Scott Horton, and Bob Murphy. I would have probably voted for Trump.

So you're a combination of Austrian School of Economics and Paleolibertarianism? Because I've never heard of "Austro-Paleolibertarianism" before.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

I am non partisan

I tend to suport open minded political ideologies, (i hate the term liberal and conservative.

Trump is the anti christ

I do not follow political pundits

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:03 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by dadudemon
So you're a combination of Austrian School of Economics and Paleolibertarianism? Because I've never heard of "Austro-Paleolibertarianism" before.

Well, Rothbard, who is one of the core members of the Austrian School, coined the term Paleolibertarian in the 80s. So to more accurately represent my views. I just combined terms.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker0 on Dec 13th, 2017 at 05:06 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:04 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

3 favorite pundits

Folk... Regular Folk... Ordinary People

Jonathan Pie

I don't really have time for people giving an opiniion about what someone else has to say - if someone has something to say I want to hear it direct - I want to hear them say it and see them say it I want to see how they say it - and why they're saying it - Were they asked? What was the question - etc - I'm not a big fan of second - third - fourth - fifth - sixth - seventh hand information - I don't really like pundits - I'd rather watch or listen to the full interview - I've seen too many people take 1 thing out of a 12 minute press event - highlight half a line in a 300 page book (someone's told them to) and pretend to have conversations with authors - when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about - If theres anything worth knowing about I'd rather the studio cameras cut to the source so viewers can hear it straight from the source

Political Ideology

Green

Name who you would have voted for in the 2016 election

Stein

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 05:58 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Party: Independent **** the Democrats and **** the Republicans

Political ideology: Classical liberalism- individualist (**** identity politics and identitarian movements), economically right-wing (used to be economically left wing, but I could no longer square compelled wealth redistribution with my principles), free-speech absolutist (**** hate speech laws), interest in defending life liberty and property, pro-life (life of mother>life of fetus>liberty of mother to get an abortion), pro-gun rights, pro-drug legalization (especially weed and psychedelics), pro-free trade, etc.

Political pundits: Ben Shapiro, Sargon of Akkad, Jordan Peterson

Vote in 2016: I voted for Clinton... I regret that after realizing how awful she was. If I could go back in time I wouldn't have voted for either since my vote as a Texan didn't really do anything, and both suck.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 06:03 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Party: None. May consider affiliation with Tea or Libertarian party in the long future.

Political Ideology: Classical Liberalism is the closest thing I can identify with (slightly right and a bit more than slightly libertarian leaning on the spectrum).

Pundits: I don't watch commentators anymore. I try to make C-SPAN and AlJazeera my primary new sources as they're the least biased and provide the dry facts. Unfortunately, both are slowly dying due to the average person being too simple-minded to tolerate either.

When I was younger, I used to watch Stefan Molyneux, but I eventually saw the "shadiness" in his reports/videos.

Now I watch InfoWars, but only to get a good laugh. Same with TYT.

Had I been able to vote in 2016 I would have voted Trump without a doubt. Realize that I was an extremely immature teenager who wanted to watch the world burn and found Trump so hilarious and crazy that he fit the role perfectly. I still want to watch the world burn, but if I could vote then knowing what I do now I would probably cast it for Gary Johnson—or maybe not since he's a nutjob too. Idk.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 07:44 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

Party: Independent, I guess. Pretty much all the mainstream parties in the UK are pretty poor and do not align with my political opinions.

Ideology: Libertarian Capitalism or Minarchism. Socially I'm a mixed bag. I'm socially Liberal in the sense that I agree with drug legalisation, allowing same-sex marriages (because the government won't be involved in the institution). However, I can be considered more socially Conservative on such issues as immigration, gun rights, property rights, meritocracy and the preservation of culture and a few traditions. Moreover, I support freedom of speech and religion, am a non-interventionist militarily.
Fiscally, I am very much Conservative and a supporter of the free market. The only restrictions I would consider are perhaps environmental regulation.

Pundits: Thomas Sowell, Tom Woods, Ron Paul and some Ben Shapiro and Sam Harris now and again.
Also plan on looking into Tom Delorenzo too.

Vote in 2016: I'm not an American, though if I was I would have probably voted Trump begrudgingly.

(UK vote in 2017): Since I'm from the UK, might as well chuck this in here. I voted for the Conservatives in the UK election, mainly because of their position on Brexit. However, I do personally regret this (not my support for Brexit, but rather what the Tories have made of it). As of now, I'm not sure who I'd vote for...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:12 PM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I lean more to the left on social issues, but currently can't stand either party.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:48 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

Party: Not officially affiliated with any particular party.Politics here in the UK are a tad depressing at the moment.

Ideology: Probably center left overall, though can certainly vary issue to issue.

Pundits: None in particular

2016 vote: Clinton, obviously. Trump is an utter embarassment with a shallow understanding of policy and the English language skills of a 4th/5th grader (depending on the calculation you use). Clinton could actually utter coherent sentences which showed a deep understanding of policy substance and international affairs. Regardless of her faults, and she had many, she was far and away the better candidate for President.

Last edited by lazybones on Dec 13th, 2017 at 09:45 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:39 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

I know its not the most fun thing to do but if people kept an interest in who and how representatives are voting in simple every day boring things like building codes, land use, targets and oversight on spending in government departments, tarrifs, etc - you would get to know the real people asking for your votes.

Everything you see on TV or in The News is Edited - The best data you can get on Politicians w.r.t.o Voting Intent is to actually eyeball how they voted on key issues The more you watch this - The more you will see a true image of the representative(s) you're thinking of voting in to the assembly (again) to vote on your behalf.

If someone knows a better way - a way with less margin for error to work out - who - or what - a politician actually is - let me know.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:44 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I follow my own rules.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:49 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Party: Dem, so I can vote in the primaries.

Idealogy: In most of the world I'd probably be considered centrist. In America probably pretty far left since I'm in favor of single payer health care and UBI.

Pundits: Dunno, don't really follow any in particular.

2016 vote: Clinton. Wanted Sanders though.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 10:15 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by shiv
I know its not the most fun thing to do but if people kept an interest in who and how representatives are voting in simple every day boring things like building codes, land use, targets and oversight on spending in government departments, tarrifs, etc - you would get to know the real people asking for your votes.

Everything you see on TV or in The News is Edited - The best data you can get on Politicians w.r.t.o Voting Intent is to actually eyeball how they voted on key issues The more you watch this - The more you will see a true image of the representative(s) you're thinking of voting in to the assembly (again) to vote on your behalf.

If someone knows a better way - a way with less margin for error to work out - who - or what - a politician actually is - let me know.
Couldn't agree with you more. A politician's legislative track record speaks for itself. Nothing can supersede it.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 01:14 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Originally posted by (OP)

I tend to be libertarian with regards to social issues, center-left with regards to fiscal policy, and liberal with regards to foreign policy. I don't affiliate with any of my country's political parties, nor do I have a particular fondness for any active politicians.

I don't think I can relate well with anyone who would still vote for Trump a year into this trainwreck of a presidency.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Dec 14th, 2017 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 02:04 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote