KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » RagnaThor vs WW

RagnaThor vs WW
Started by: Adam Grimes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

RagnaThor vs WW

Standard gear for WW and gladiator equipment for Thor. Battle takes place in Sakaar's arena, who wins?

Edit: Thor can go ssj in this fight.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Dec 13th, 2017 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:30 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Does Thor get to use his lightning powers?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:32 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Sorry, I forgot to add it. Of course he can, it's his standard mode now. thumb up

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 08:35 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor wins.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Then Thor wins. One could make the argument that WW can speed blitz Thor, but if she couldn't speed blitz Luddendorf and Steppenwolf then I doubt she can speed blitz a warrior as skilled as Thor.

Even if she could, Thor's lightning aura automatically attacks opponents around him as seen in his fight along the bridge.

Then he could also strike from a distance with lightning. WW can block them of course but I doubt she could block too many if Thor decides to spam her.

And that's not even taking into account Thor's durabiliy, who took direct thrusts from Hela and Loki and continued fighting without much issue. Heck, he took a direct hit to the face from Hela and only lost an eye.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:20 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

His lightning does not automatically attack people near him or it would have been tagging Hela constantly. He is not a van de graff generator, he can control his lightning.

Even then, said lightning only has feats of destroying the worst fodder in the MCU to date. Their durability is less than that of an M16.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:48 PM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGrat1
His lightning does not automatically attack people near him or it would have been tagging Hela constantly. He is not a van de graff generator, he can control his lightning.

Even then, said lightning only has feats of destroying the worst fodder in the MCU to date. Their durability is less than that of an M16.
General Luden with his inferior skill and strength put her one her ass. Any which way you look at it Thor beats the utter shit out of her.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 09:57 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not sure who RagnaThor is, but he does win

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 10:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

In the bridge fight, his lightning is seen attacking oppoments coming up from behind him. Unless you think Thor has eyes at the back of his head, it seems more logical to assume it simply attacks any opponents nearby, the way lightning is attracted to the nearest conductor.

However, your points are not without merit. It is true that Thor's lightning didn't auto-attack Hela the same way it attacked fodder. Pretty much in the same way WW can easily speed blitz fodder but only fights in regular speed against Luddendorf or Steppenwolf.

So I propose a fair agreement: Either we agree that both Thor amd WW fight each other with the best of their abilities, in which case WW gets her superspeed and Thor gets his auto-lightning, or we debate only based on what they have shown with feats: which means WW only uses regular speed in melee against skilled opponents and Thor can't coat himself in auto-lightning when fighting against skilled opponents.

Which do you prefer?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 10:41 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
not sure who RagnaThor is, but he does win
You strike me as a pretty unsure guy so it's okay, my friend.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 10:50 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You strike me as a pretty unsure guy so it's okay, my friend.

am not your friend

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 12:02 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Wonder Woman

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 12:13 AM
nfactor1995 is currently offline Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor stomps.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 12:21 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
am not your friend
Tell him, Bruce.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 02:04 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 02:08 AM
TheGrat1

Originally posted by FrothByte
In the bridge fight, his lightning is seen attacking oppoments coming up from behind him. Unless you think Thor has eyes at the back of his head, it seems more logical to assume it simply attacks any opponents nearby, the way lightning is attracted to the nearest conductor.

However, your points are not without merit. It is true that Thor's lightning didn't auto-attack Hela the same way it attacked fodder. Pretty much in the same way WW can easily speed blitz fodder but only fights in regular speed against Luddendorf or Steppenwolf.

So I propose a fair agreement: Either we agree that both Thor amd WW fight each other with the best of their abilities, in which case WW gets her superspeed and Thor gets his auto-lightning, or we debate only based on what they have shown with feats: which means WW only uses regular speed in melee against skilled opponents and Thor can't coat himself in auto-lightning when fighting against skilled opponents.

Which do you prefer?

He did a 360 degree turn early in the fight so he knew enemies were behind him. How he can be accurate with his back turned can be hypothesized at least a couple of different ways.

I never said Thor could not use it. I simply disputed the assumption on this board that the lightning is "automatic" in any way and requires no effort/input from Thor himself. Of course my points have merit, they are based on the films. Why Thor decided not to use it against Hela, when I am convinced he easily could have, is anyone's guess. Maybe he did not think it would work?

Even if it is automatic, it has only killed fodder that can be clubbed into pieces by one swing of an M16. I highly doubt it does anything to someone who can manipulate her own lightning.

With the exception of Luddendorf (who is still pretty quick), every non-fodder opponent Diana has fought has shown high reaction times and beyond human reflexes. I know a lot of people on this board do not understand/accept the concept of implied speed but it is clearly at work in the DCEU. Otherwise I would have to believe Wondy can easily block bullets but allows herself to be tagged by Steppenwolf, that Superman has super speed but will not use it against Doomsday, or that Faora will go all-out against human soldiers that can not hurt her but decided to take it easy on Kal-El.

Some directors, especially Snyder in Man of Steel where he decided to eschew slow motion entirely, want the audience to actually see the detailed fight choreography without having to rely on slow motion. It has helped keep the fights kinetic and visceral. Otherwise every fight between high tiers would be 2 or 3 blurs moving across the screen. It would be a poor viewing experience. It is the same reason I can see Goku throw a punch at Frieza and not think he threw it at regular human speed.

Last edited by TheGrat1 on Dec 14th, 2017 at 06:33 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:25 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

We don't go off implied speed though, we only grant people the speed we actually see them using.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 06:35 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

He did a 360 degree turn early in the fight so he knew enemies were behind him. How he can be accurate with his back turned can be hypothesized at least a couple of different ways.

I never said Thor could not use it. I simply disputed the assumption on this board that the lightning is "automatic" in any way and requires no effort/input from Thor himself. Of course my points have merit, they are based on the films. Why Thor decided not to use it against Hela, when I am convinced he easily could have, is anyone's guess. Maybe he did not think it would work?

Even if it is automatic, it has only killed fodder that can be clubbed into pieces by one swing of an M16. I highly doubt it does anything to someone who can manipulate her own lightning.

With the exception of Luddendorf (who is still pretty quick), every non-fodder opponent Diana has fought has shown high reaction times and beyond human reflexes. I know a lot of people on this board do not understand/accept the concept of implied speed but it is clearly at work in the DCEU. Otherwise I would have to believe Wondy can easily block bullets but allows herself to be tagged by Steppenwolf, that Superman has super speed but will not use it against Doomsday, or that Faora will go all-out against human soldiers that can not hurt her but decided to take it easy on Kal-El.

Some directors, especially Snyder in Man of Steel where he decided to eschew slow motion entirely, want the audience to actually see the detailed fight choreography without having to rely on slow motion. It has helped keep the fights kinetic and visceral. Otherwise every fight between high tiers would be 2 or 3 blurs moving across the screen. It would be a poor viewing experience. It is the same reason I can see Goku throw a punch at Frieza and not think he threw it at regular human speed.

So what if Diana's main opponents have faster than human reflexes? Nearly every superhero in the MCU and DCEU have faster than regular human reflexes.

Still doesn't change the fact that Steppenwolf and Luddendorf are no speedsters yet had no issues tagging WW. Unless you want to claim they're speedsters too? And by extension Aquaman and all the Amazons?

And you keep harping about those M16, guess what, Diana is vulnerable to gunshots too. WW1 rifles to be exact. Guess that means she's every bit as vulnerable to Thor's lightning as those fodder then eh?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 07:09 AM
TheGrat1

Originally posted by FrothByte
So what if Diana's main opponents have faster than human reflexes? Nearly every superhero in the MCU and DCEU have faster than regular human reflexes.

Still doesn't change the fact that Steppenwolf and Luddendorf are no speedsters yet had no issues tagging WW. Unless you want to claim they're speedsters too? And by extension Aquaman and all the Amazons?

And you keep harping about those M16, guess what, Diana is vulnerable to gunshots too. WW1 rifles to be exact. Guess that means she's every bit as vulnerable to Thor's lightning as those fodder then eh?

Steppenwolf casually deflects/catches arrows and supersonic missles. He has plenty of speed. Keeping up with Diana only confirms that.

I do not make such assumptions. Aquaman and the Atlanteans have shown no such speed feats.

I am not talking about the bullets. Skurge literally whacked an undead Asgardian with an M16 like it was a baseball bat. The fodder crumbled into pieces and the frame of the rifle wasn't even warped. Wonder Woman would not fall to pieces from the bullets, let alone being hit with the gun itself.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 08:11 AM