KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Analysis of Trump''s Tax Plan

Analysis of Trump''s Tax Plan
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

if you toned it down to like 80% you'd be a spot-on TI

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 07:24 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hail Trump!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 07:25 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Britain is the enemy, with spies like Steele and healthcare for all.

After North Korea, we will deal with them.

Hail Trump.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 07:28 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
As I demonstrated, it depends on the metric used. I find the treasury data to be more accurate as it is more in line with outside analyses (Wharton Penn).

It doesn't. It really doesn't. You gave a label that has an explicitly measurable result that does not come anywhere close to "incredibly low." The best you can say is "around the same as other Western Countries" but that's not entirely honest, either.

You and Lazybones are peddling falsehoods. Not sure why.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 09:59 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by dadudemon
It doesn't. It really doesn't. You gave a label that has an explicitly measurable result that does not come anywhere close to "incredibly low." The best you can say is "around the same as other Western Countries" but that's not entirely honest, either.

You and Lazybones are peddling falsehoods. Not sure why.

If we use the metrics provided by the Treasury and Penn Wharton, we receive a number that is far lower then most countries.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 01:04 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

And I strongly implore you to eat shit with a very large spoon. You had your lying-ass handed to you. Your desperation to save face is noted. smile

So is Zodiaz a sock for double d? Or is Double D a sock for Zodiac?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 10:40 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol so wait. A few "experts" have said what the stock market doing now is very normal and natural and something usually seen when there is job growth.

Lol no. That can't be true. Or rather, it better not be true. Not after the way the left reacted.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 04:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

If we use the metrics provided by the Treasury and Penn Wharton, we receive a number that is far lower then most countries.

Then you're still wrong because the numbers are above, on average, for the other measures I posted.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-c...-Rates-2016.pdf

Quick check:

Is 26% greater than 22%?

If yes, then DarthSkywalker0 is wrong. If no, then DarthSkywalker0 is still wrong.

Wait a minute, why? Because they never dipped below 20% in their own numbers. As I posted already, 22% is "the rest of the world."

At no point do those numbers represent "absurdly low" or anything even close to "far lower than most countries."

Please tell me, what is your actual interest in this? Why do you want the US to have an "absurdly low effective corporate tax rate"? You know it's not true. I can only assume that this was a myth you had heard and read about but never took the time to discover that it was false but now you're sticking to it despite even your own source disagreeing with you. Be honest, you definitely do not think "2%", in the worst case, is "far lower than the rest of the world." If you did, then you must admit that when it was 4% higher than the rest of the world, you'd say, "holy shit, it's f*cking huuuuuge! A ridiculously large difference! We are living under a tyrannically high effective corporate tax rate!" If you think just 2% less for one year is "absurdly low", then you must think 4% higher is the above quote.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 04:59 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Rockydonovang

Oh, look, you want attention. How cute.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 04:59 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trump the magnificent will.magically make America great again. Have faith.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 05:00 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey Steve, how many socks on the same forum is excessive?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 05:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rockydonovang

Zodiac was a Whirly account, a Legendary poster. I assure you DDM and Whirly's socks are not one and the same.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 05:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wouldn't a legendary poster know mods can see your IP?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 05:15 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

StevieZ really did a number on you, it seems. You cried and he was banned, but you're still showing the scars he left on your simple mind, sport.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 05:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Zodiac was a Whirly account, a Legendary poster. I assure you DDM and Whirly's socks are not one and the same.

Some fools do not know how arrogant I really am. I would never sock even if to troll.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:38 PM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Then you're still wrong because the numbers are above, on average, for the other measures I posted.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-c...-Rates-2016.pdf

Quick check:

Is 26% greater than 22%?

If yes, then DarthSkywalker0 is wrong. If no, then DarthSkywalker0 is still wrong.

I find it honestly really funny that you think a quick google search surpasses multiple studies and economists, but if you are so confident that your knowledge outstrips me on this subject let's dive into the number you provided. This chart was made in a study by the economist Yardeni,

(please log in to view the image)

The corporate tax rate as shown by the treasury in Q3 of 2017 was 20.7%. There is a major problem with this number, as it uses GDP data which tends to be higher than the number shown by the IRS. Yardeni uses the treasury data and finds,

quote:
Treasury data. But wait … the plot thickens: Actual corporate tax revenues collected by the IRS have been consistently less than the corporate taxes included in the GDP measure of corporate profits since the start of the former data series in 1972. For example, over the past four quarters through Q3, the Treasury reported collecting $297.0 billion in corporate tax revenues, 37% less than the $472.9 billion shown by the GDP measure, on a comparable basis.

This is corroborated by a study conducted by the Government Accountability Office: https://www.gao.gov/assets/660/654957.pdf

They found a 12.6% corporate tax rate. So, I am inclined to believe in the actual collected revenues rather than a cursory google search. But, I am sure that David Stockman is just a massive purveyor of myths.

But, no I must have some hidden agenda. You have found me out Dadudemon.

quote:
Please tell me, what is your actual interest in this? Why do you want the US to have an "absurdly low effective corporate tax rate"? You know it's not true. I can only assume that this was a myth you had heard and read about but never took the time to discover that it was false but now you're sticking to it despite even your own source disagreeing with you. Be honest, you definitely do not think "2%", in the worst case, is "far lower than the rest of the world." If you did, then you must admit that when it was 4% higher than the rest of the world, you'd say, "holy shit, it's f*cking huuuuuge! A ridiculously large difference! We are living under a tyrannically high effective corporate tax rate!" If you think just 2% less for one year is "absurdly low", then you must think 4% higher is the above quote.

Here is what I "assume": You used a cursory google search to find out the effective corporate tax rate, but failed to dive into the data. You clearly have no affinity for economics, but you certainly do have an affinity in bloviation. Now please show me what I am missing.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:20 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Whoa dadudemon... you gonna take that? You just gonna let him bump you to the bottom of the lobster dominance hierarchy?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:31 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Zodiac got banned because he started trolling himself with his own sock account whose IP address he couldn't figure out how to mask, lmfao

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:59 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I find it honestly really funny that you think a quick google search surpasses multiple studies and economists, but if you are so confident that your knowledge outstrips me on this subject let's dive into the number you provided. This chart was made in a study by the economist Yardeni,

(please log in to view the image)

The corporate tax rate as shown by the treasury in Q3 of 2017 was 20.7%. There is a major problem with this number, as it uses GDP data which tends to be higher than the number shown by the IRS. Yardeni uses the treasury data and finds,

This is corroborated by a study conducted by the Government Accountability Office: https://www.gao.gov/assets/660/654957.pdf

They found a 12.6% corporate tax rate. So, I am inclined to believe in the actual collected revenues rather than a cursory google search. But, I am sure that David Stockman is just a massive purveyor of myths.

So you're upset that you were wrong, then you backpeddled and said "duh US Treasury, den!" Then I showed you were wrong, there, too, and now you're like, "another study which is contradicted by others!" to support your flimsy position.

You said, "quick google search" but you're summarily dismissing pretty much all relevant studies.

Fact is, Effective Coorporate Tax Rate in the US is nowhere near "absurdly low" relative to other Western Countries. You were full of shit. You were just buying into some anti-US or anti-Corporate bullshit. You've been caught saying some stupid shit.

From your own study, "... 21 percent effective rate based on actual taxes and taxable income..." as opposed to a specific cross section, which you're citing, " profitable Schedule M-3 filers actually paid U.S. federal income taxes amounting to 12.6 percent of the worldwide income that they reported in their financial statements (for those entities included in their tax returns).

I'll give you a hint: income is not how taxes are calculated.

I will summarize what happened:

1. You just tried to lie.
2. You do not understand what you're citing.

I don't think it is 1. I think you just don't know what you're talking about as I hinted at in my very first reply to you.

But, no I must have some hidden agenda. You have found me out Dadudemon.

Yeah, seems like it. Based on your reply, it's your ego. You can't go, "Well, okay, yeah, I thought some stupid shit." You must have huge quads from all the backpeddling you're trying to do.

Here is what I "assume": You used a cursory google search to find out the effective corporate tax rate, but failed to dive into the data.

You mean you failed to read the thread, ignored where relevant data was posted, pretend to be correct, continued grandstanding, and had to dig deep after even your own sources proved you wrong. And then you showed you don't even understand the research you're posting about while trying to backepddle to be right. You can go back through my posts and see I already posted items from US Treasury: your precious "I win!" source.

You disputed the Tax Foundation and so did lazybones, but neither of you provided rebuttals as to why their data is wrong. Other economists have done so and the Tax Foundation responded:

https://taxfoundation.org/grasping-...e-paul-krugman/

https://taxfoundation.org/response-...lionaire-taxes/

If you'd look just a bit more instead of doing a quick google search, you'd see that the Tax Foundation is a large organization that has decades of research but you'd rather dismiss them because "your agenda", which you still have not revealed, is just simply built on a false reality.

You clearly have no affinity for economics, but you certainly do have an affinity in bloviation. Now please show me what I am missing.

If you read the thread instead of presenting two scoops of condescension, you'd perhaps realize your position is simply wrong. The effective coorporate tax rate is not "incredibly low" relative to the rest of the world. Just admit you said some stupid shit instead of embarrassing yourself this much.

lol at your, "but if you are so confident that your knowledge outstrips me on this subject"...

You couldn't come off as a bigger wanker if you tried.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 01:56 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Whoa dadudemon... you gonna take that? You just gonna let him bump you to the bottom of the lobster dominance hierarchy?

Yes. Because at this point, it's such a profuse amount of backpeddling that it does appear to be a waste of time. He has still to reveal his actual agenda (which is probably, "We need to increase corporate taxes" or something).

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 01:58 PM