KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Analysis of Trump''s Tax Plan

Analysis of Trump''s Tax Plan
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
He has still to reveal his actual agenda (which is probably, "We need to increase corporate taxes" or something).

Holy shit! LOL you don't know him at all then

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:12 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Holy shit! LOL you don't know him at all then

So then what's his point with the factually incorrect statement that the effective corporate tax rate is "absurdly low"?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

He never said "Absurdly low" you're pulling words out of your ass and repeatedly putting them in quotations.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 02:32 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

So you're upset that you were wrong, then you backpeddled and said "duh US Treasury, den!" Then I showed you were wrong, there, too, and now you're like, "another study which is contradicted by others!" to support your flimsy position.

You said, "quick google search" but you're summarily dismissing pretty much all relevant studies.

Fact is, Effective Corporate Tax Rate in the US is nowhere near "absurdly low" relative to other Western Countries. You were full of shit. You were just buying into some anti-US or anti-Corporate bullshit. You've been caught saying some stupid shit.

From your own study, "... 21 percent effective rate based on actual taxes and taxable income..." as opposed to a specific cross section, which you're citing, " profitable Schedule M-3 filers actually paid U.S. federal income taxes amounting to 12.6 percent of the worldwide income that they reported in their financial statements (for those entities included in their tax returns).

I'll give you a hint: income is not how taxes are calculated.

I will summarize what happened:

1. You just tried to lie.
2. You do not understand what you're citing.

I don't think it is 1. I think you just don't know what you're talking about as I hinted at in my very first reply to you.

When, I mentioned the treasury I was specifically referring to "treasury data," as shown in the chart. In fact, in my initial response, I posted to the chart to clarify my source. Except, my logic for dismissing the studies is by their usage of GDP rather than the actual IRS/Treasury data. Let's take a look at the study which I cited because you seem to not understand the results. You are right in that I should have clarified the purpose of the GAO study. But, before I do that I want to call out this hilarity. So, your evidence that the GAO study contradicts my statement is their statement that the corporate tax rate is,
quote:
21 percent effective rate based on actual taxes and taxable inco
. That was not a statement found in their own research they were citing another study, note the citation. Unsurprisingly, that study uses GDP. The reason why I cited the GAO is that it demonstrates that IRS numbers show a far lower eft then GDP does. Their figures are based on the IRS which they note, "on the whole, lower than the tax liabilities reported in the corporate financial statements."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 03:03 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

He never said "Absurdly low" you're pulling words out of your ass and repeatedly putting them in quotations.

Eh, I did say absurdly low. Which it is if you look at IRS data. But, I do not think that is a good argument against the corporate tax rate due to compliance costs and false investments.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 03:04 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Eh, I did say absurdly low. Which it is if you look at IRS data. But, I do not think that is a good argument against the corporate tax rate due to compliance costs and false investments.

Really? I did the find shit over the pages and couldn’t find the phrase in any of your posts, maybe that function was glitching, it sometimes does that.

Apologies dadudemon for that last statement.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:59 PM
dadudemon

Really? I did the find shit over the pages and couldn’t find the phrase in any of your posts, maybe that function was glitching, it sometimes does that.

Apologies dadudemon for that last statement.

Not to mention, we already have an incredibly low effective corporate tax rate.

He didn't. He specifically said, "incredibly low."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 05:57 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

That was not a statement found in their own research they were citing another study...

Please try again to provide a proper rebuttal:

(please log in to view the image)

Don't dodge. Don't avoid the topic.

Why does that 21% look familiar? Do you remember?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:02 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I see DDM's being unnaturally patient with the clear backpedalings and general tomfoolery, when a simple "okay, my bad, I misspoke" would end the nonsense.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

He didn't. He specifically said, "incredibly low."

I mean, that phrase strikes a notable difference to me.

"Incredibly low" seems to only imply a low rate relative to other rates, whereas "absurdly low" seems to imply the same thing but with the additional qualifier that having it that low is a mistake.

DarthSkywalker0 hates all taxes, so he clearly doesn't have some agenda to want the corporate tax raised.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:11 PM
dadudemon

I mean, that phrase strikes a notable difference to me.

"Incredibly low" seems to only imply a low rate relative to other rates, whereas "absurdly low" seems to imply the same thing but with the additional qualifier that having it that low is a mistake.

He clarified: he's not interested in a word game and he thought they were the same enough to say he said it. I was clearly mocking him.

You bored, braaaah?

Maybe I expected you to say, "Why did you quote him correctly for pages but change it all of a sudden? You mocking him?" Yes, yes I clearly am mocking him just the same as he was mocking me for "not understanding economics at all like a moron." Notice how that's in quotes but it is not what he said, either?

http://thevisualcommunicationguy.co...uotation-marks/

DarthSkywalker0 hates all taxes, so he clearly doesn't have some agenda to want the corporate tax raised.

So he's interest in this topic is the unfairness and not the tax rate, itself, right?

In that case...how does a government do government things. He never said he was an anarchist.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:23 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

He has still to reveal his actual agenda (which is probably, "We need to increase corporate taxes" or something).

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:24 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by The Ellimist

I legit lol'd.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:25 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So he's interest in this topic is the unfairness and not the tax rate, itself, right?

I think his interest is honestly representing what the tax rate is relative to other countries.

In that case...how does a government do government things. He never said he was an anarchist.

He's AnCap

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 07:01 PM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Please try again to provide a proper rebuttal:

Don't dodge. Don't avoid the topic.

Why does that 21% look familiar? Do you remember?

My point is that number is inaccurate as it relies on GDP rather then actual Tax Returns.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 07:21 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Feds Collect Record Taxes in First Month Under Tax Cut; Run Surplus in January

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...cut-run-surplus

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 04:07 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote