KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Snoke's identity *Spoilers*

Snoke's identity *Spoilers*
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The movie (and Visual Dictionary) revealed a lot about Snoke, actually.

Snoke calls Darth Vader as "Lord Vader," suggesting Snoke was of the Imperial hierarchy.

Further, we now know that Ben isn't a Vader fanboy. Snoke is. Ben wants to be like Vader because Snoke will beat his ass if he isn't.

Snoke also has a ring with a fragment from Vader's Mustafar castle from Rogue One.

Then we have Snoke recreating the Empire to a T, from hierarchy (ex. Ben and Hux) to clothing (the purple Emperor advisors).

In short, I'd say it's safe to say Snoke was some dark-side wielding person within the Empire who looked up to Vader and Sidious.

A dark side acolyte similar to those shown in Dark Empire, perhaps.

When they both died, he was determined to recreate their accomplishments and honor their legacy.

sidious in ROTS and in rebels calls vader lord vader

what about the first jedi theory

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:54 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Azronger
Unconfirmed Snoke apologist theory that is clearly bullshit.

based on canon aftermath novel

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:55 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by redpill
sidious in ROTS and in rebels calls vader lord vader

You say this as if it disproves my point but it further confirms it.

"Lord Vader" is a title used by those of the Imperial hierarchy (ex. Sidious, Imperial officers, senators) or those with relations to it (ex. Lando during his betrayal).

It's not something that someone would say if they were, say, hidden in the Unknown Regions with no relationship with the Galactic Empire.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:06 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So are we assuming that Snoke's Praetorian Guards = the Jedi students that Kylo took with him in the wake of his revolt against Luke?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:17 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The numbers don't match up.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In what sense?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:30 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

They could still be around, prob gonna see em in Ep 9.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:30 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Galan007
In what sense?

8 Guards. 6 Knights of Ren (excluding Kylo).

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:33 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

8 Guards. 6 Knights of Ren (excluding Kylo).
Then I'm wondering why the Knights of Ren have been inextricably absent in all of this..? What exactly do they DO?

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 17th, 2017 at 04:36 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:33 AM
Zenwolf

Then I'm wondering why the Knights of Ren have been inextricably absent in all of this..? What exactly do they DO?

Episode 9! Though it does seem odd that they are absent, unless they decided to not take part in the FO.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:37 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Anyway, the Knights of Ren are absolutely the "a handful of my students" that Luke mentions "vanished" alongside Ben after the temple slaughter.

As far as we know, there's 6, but concept art shows another that may or may not have been cut for the final movie.

I think it's a definite we'll see and learn more about the Knights of Ren in IX. Abrams has already said he wants to explore the Knights of Ren further.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Dec 17th, 2017 at 04:40 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:37 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Then I'm wondering why the Knights of Ren have been inextricably absent in all of this..?

To be fair, almost all of TFA and TLJ takes place in the span of a few days at best.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:38 AM
redpill

You say this as if it disproves my point but it further confirms it.

"Lord Vader" is a title used by those of the Imperial hierarchy (ex. Sidious, Imperial officers, senators) or those with relations to it (ex. Lando during his betrayal).

It's not something that someone would say if they were, say, hidden in the Unknown Regions with no relationship with the Galactic Empire.

i was going to say, lando called him lord vader set a trap in esb

so no snoke could just call him lord vader just bc that was how he was known

why would canon aftermath novles talk about some dark origin in the unknown region and send his fleet there

and also that the first prime of the first order look like snoke

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:49 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

To be fair, almost all of TFA and TLJ takes place in the span of a few days at best.
Indeed, but I still find it odd that Snoke wouldn't have dispatched them in the wake of Kylo's 'failure' in TFA..?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:53 AM
ares834

The First Order just obliterated the Republic's capital. I expect they were dispatched to secure planets and lead fleets.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:02 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
The First Order just obliterated the Republic's capital. I expect they were dispatched to secure planets and lead fleets.

I still can't believe the Republic was so dumb as to put their entire armada in one location....among other things.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:17 AM
ares834

They probably were mostly demilitarized. After all, the Old Republic didn't have an army for awhile until the Clones arrived.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:20 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

Snoke was absolutely ridiculous. He has cemented his place as the worst character in this series.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Big Gerald a Private Message Find more posts by Big Gerald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

They probably were mostly demilitarized. After all, the Old Republic didn't have an army for awhile until the Clones arrived.

Yeah I did read somewhere they were and I question as to why....I mean Empire or FO aside or whatever. There's still the issue of maintaining peace on all those planets, pirate raids and maybe someone getting too big for their britches that needs to be put down.

Plus given all of what happened, the Republic is just gonna demilitarize again after the thing with the TF and Naboo, which then led into the Clone Wars? Then all the other stuff. It just seems a little silly for them to go back to square one and hope for the best that things will be different.

History repeating itself and all that cliche stuff.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:25 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I see where you're coming from, but my impression is that the First Order's sole focus was placed on wiping-out the handful of Resistance that remained, and worrying about the Republic afterward.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:53 AM