KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ozymandias vs. Black Panther

Ozymandias vs. Black Panther
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Eh, wasn't he though? For the purposes of the story everyone is human and has no powers, save for Doc M. Yet...the people Ozy stomps in the movie are kinda like Batman, in the sense that they are supposed to be normal humans, but they do things no real world person could do.

I'm not saying the people he beat were Cap level, but they sure did seem above real world humans.

They were at about the level of high-end fighters like Black Widow or Daredevil. And we saw how easily WS took out BW. He took out BW far easier than Ozy took out Comedian.

And in the end, Comedian, Night Owl and Rosch are just that: high end humans. They are not enhanced like Cap or Bucky - both of whom were people TChalla fought against. He even got the upper hand against Bucky. And that's the point I was trying to make: Ozy has never been tested against an opponent of superhuman stats who was near his equal. It's easy to look good when you're so much more physically superior to your opponent.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 06:28 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Surtur
Eh, wasn't he though? For the purposes of the story everyone is human and has no powers, save for Doc M. Yet...the people Ozy stomps in the movie are kinda like Batman, in the sense that they are supposed to be normal humans, but they do things no real world person could do.

I'm not saying the people he beat were Cap level, but they sure did seem above real world humans.

They only ever beat low-end fodder. Ozy beating them isn't really that impressive.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 08:03 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Ozy is quite a bit faster, it seems. At least in reaction time.

Not sure how to compate their physical stats, though.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 08:06 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

BP is seemingly betting a power-boost in his solo film, so this thread should be revisited after that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 08:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Stigma
Ozy is quite a bit faster, it seems. At least in reaction time.

Not sure how to compate their physical stats, though.

In what hth fight did Ozy use his so-called superior speed?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 08:10 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Well, he does have that bullet catching feat. So clearly he has somewhat super speed, at least in reaction time.

He was casually owning Nite Owl and Rorschach but was never pressed to use it, it seems.

Last edited by Stigma on Dec 21st, 2017 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 08:14 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Bucky blocked bullets with his arm from assault rifles. He did what Ozy did but way better. Panther had him on the ropes.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 08:48 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Stigma
Well, he does have that bullet catching feat. So clearly he has somewhat super speed, at least in reaction time.

He was casually owning Nite Owl and Rorschach but was never pressed to use it, it seems.

The bullet catch feat was a one off that happened outside of combat, plus he had plenty of time to prepare and knew where it was aimed.

He didn't show any impressive speed in that fight. in fact his speed seemed to be well below BP's fighting speed.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 08:53 PM
steverules_2

Hard to say

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 08:54 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

DC is ridiculously inconsistent when displaying speed feats. This is true for the DCEU, pre-DCEU movies, even in their CW series.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 09:01 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
The bullet catch feat was a one off that happened outside of combat, plus he had plenty of time to prepare and knew where it was aimed.

He didn't show any impressive speed in that fight. in fact his speed seemed to be well below BP's fighting speed.

Preparation and knowing where the gun is aimed doesn't help catch a bullet without superhuman hand speed and visual perception of the bullet in flight.

In his fight against Note Owl and Rorshach, Ozy casually blocked and parried everything thrown at him. Plus it's way harder defending against two than one. T'Challa got tagged by Bucky.

These facts suggest that Ozy is significantly faster than T'Challa in hand speed and perception speed.

Originally posted by KingD19
Bucky blocked bullets with his arm from assault rifles. He did what Ozy did but way better. Panther had him on the ropes.
Holding an arm up to block bullets only takes human level reactions. Bucky never reacted to the bullet after it entered the air.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 04:18 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 04:16 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by h1a8
Preparation and knowing where the gun is aimed doesn't help catch a bullet without superhuman hand speed and visual perception of the bullet in flight.

In his fight against Note Owl and Rorshach, Ozy casually blocked and parried everything thrown at him. Plus it's way harder defending against two than one. T'Challa got tagged by Bucky.

These facts suggest that Ozy is significantly faster than T'Challa in hand speed and perception speed.

Holding an arm up to block bullets only takes human level reactions. Bucky never reacted to the bullet after it entered the air.

Let the downplaying of everyone else and wanking of Ozy begin.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 04:42 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You heard it here first folks, H1 doesn't believe that having time to prepare and knowing something's course would help you catch it.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 04:55 AM
h1a8

You heard it here first folks, H1 doesn't believe that having time to prepare and knowing something's course would help you catch it.

It won't help a human one bit. A human cannot perceive the flight of a bullet.
Even if the human knows the exact moment that the bullet will be fired and the exact trajectory then they still will be helplessly frozen in time when the bullet enters the air AND they won't be able to follow it (or even see it) during the entire flight.

Therefore Ozy had to have superhuman perception and hand speed to achieve the feat.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 02:04 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Yes or no, did having time to prepare and knowing its trajectory help in the catch?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 02:29 AM
h1a8

Yes or no, did having time to prepare and knowing its trajectory help in the catch?

Trolling and derailing the thread?
The bullet catch proves that Ozy has superhuman hand speed and perception. That's the whole point.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 02:55 AM
Silent Master

Trolling and derailing the thread?
The bullet catch proves that Ozy has superhuman hand speed and perception. That's the whole point.

Discussing a feat is not derailing a thread. Now answer the question.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:21 AM
h1a8

Discussing a feat is not derailing a thread. Now answer the question.

It won't help a human one bit. A human cannot perceive the flight of a bullet.
Even if the human knows the exact moment that the bullet will be fired and the exact trajectory then they still will be helplessly frozen in time when the bullet enters the air AND they won't be able to follow it (or even see it) during the entire flight.

Therefore Ozy had to have superhuman perception and hand speed to achieve the feat.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:48 AM
Silent Master

Since you seem to have forgotten what the question was, I'll repeat it.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:51 AM
h1a8

Since you seem to have forgotten what the question was, I'll repeat it.

Trolling again. You and I both know it's irrelevant to this thread.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 06:05 AM