KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Millennials Are Screwed

Millennials Are Screwed
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
real question tho. what are you a freedom fighter against man? you always posting victim stuff.

The patriarchy.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 11:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Raisen
real question tho. what are you a freedom fighter against man? you always posting victim stuff.

Freedom fighters stand up for the victims of oppression and institutional misconduct.

Whether you think my generation qualifies is something you can argue against or for. But standing up for victims isn't really outside the vein of a freedom fighter.

Not that I was thinking about politics when I first came up with this name. It just sounded cool.

Edit:
Whether or not you think our economic situation is unfortunate and a result of bad luck, our world dying is something we can fully pin on "the olds" and is a great deal more significant than whatever the hell our situation is economically.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Dec 18th, 2017 at 11:12 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 11:09 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I haven't spewed or asserted anything. I've linked an article I read so that people can discuss, agree with, or disagree with said article.

If I don't post this article, you don't get to debunk it. And I stay as ignorant as I was previously. I'm not sure why you dislike people learning more or gaining new perspectives.

Rolling the wheel on your mouse down was "extrodinary laborious?"

I'm not seeing the issue with graphic design that punctuates whatever point the article is making.

If you have legitimate gripes with the content of this article, go ahead, I'm not interested in your inability to appreciate creativity.

He does have legitimate gripes with the article, and he posted them in fleshed out detail.

This is just the thing you always do where someone makes a snide remark about something as a small part of a much larger criticism, and you zero in on that and accuse them of deflecting to try and undermine that person's stance by implying they are unwilling to properly defend it... when they very clearly are.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 11:14 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
He does have legitimate gripes with the article, and he posted them in fleshed out detail.

This is just the thing you always do where someone makes a snide remark about something as a small part of a much larger criticism, and you zero in on that and accuse them of deflecting to try and undermine that person's stance by implying they are unwilling to properly defend it... when they very clearly are.

And here's that thing you do where you accuse me of saying something I never said. Also known as a:

(please log in to view the image)

When did I say Harr didn't make legitimate points?

I'm focusing on the first part, because, as I've already admitted, I don't really have a stance regarding anything else. I'll allow someone far more knowledgeable about economics to discuss sh!t with Harr and form an opinion after reading that discussion.

I do find it funny you take issue with me defending my behavior, and not with Harr going on a tangent attacking my behavior in the first place. thumb up

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 11:19 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

A refresher on the part of the post I responded to so I don't have to deal with this "ur a hypocryte" bullshit you and surt like doing:
quote:
bro, you still amaze me. Your ability to annoy me surpasses anyone I have ever met. I do not understand how you can persist despite the inevitable debunk, which always arises after you spew economic fallacies or slanderous exposés.

Your double standards amuse me Emp. smile

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 11:24 PM
lazybones

If only those darn millenials just pulled up their bootstraps! Then they could overcome those long term economic trends set in motion before they were born.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 11:53 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am just glad these people exist now. Imagine if this was the generation being sent off to fight the nazis or to Vietnam? Holy shit lol.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:21 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Surtur
I am just glad these people exist now. Imagine if this was the generation being sent off to fight the nazis or to Vietnam? Holy shit lol.

Nah, we'll just be dead before 30 coz yall couldn't stop polluting the earth, killing the ocean, and stockpiling nukes.

And last I checked, Vietnam was a war, preceding generations started?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:24 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, we'll just be dead before 30 coz yall couldn't stop polluting the earth, killing the ocean, and stockpiling nukes.

You're gonna be dead because of pollution? Lol. Okay.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:26 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Pollution is all a "Leftist lie" and Surtur's a millennial, an older one but still.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:30 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Surtur
You're gonna be dead because of pollution? Lol. Okay.

Oh boy, tell me you're not a climate denier

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:41 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh boy, tell me you're not a climate denier

I do not deny climate exists.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:41 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

NGL, that post got me laughing my ass off.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:44 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Anecdotal evidence followed by a rather cocky assumption you understand the author's situation or what he is and isn't doing.

Your superiority complex is impressive. Your ability to support your claims? Not so much.

Sorry, no sympathy for people whining about their situations of not being able to afford to live when they clearly have the English language know how to write an article about how hard their life is at 35 for not getting motivated to do something about it. Clearly, he's intelligent. Clearly, he's well-written and spoken. Clearly, he's lazy and should do something about his situation.

Do you want a checklist?

1. Go to college and get a degree in something you can do and it is a degree in something that can pay your bills. English Lit? Sure, after you get the functional career degree.

2. Don't drink, do drugs, or go clubbing while in college (summer break? Hell no. Summer classes).

3. Work full time in a career that will work towards your post-graduate career. Can't get into that field? Work anyway in a job that gives you relatable experience. Don't complain. Find a job that pays for some of your college.

4. Don't live beyond your means. No cable TV. No new car. Live in a shitty house or small apartment. Read #2. Don't eat out: make food and plan your meals.

5. Apply for grants and scholarships.

6. Do your damn homework.

7. Study for your tests. Give yourself plenty of time to study.

If you can't follow that checklist, and then complain about having to pay 50% of your income to rent because you choose to live beyond your means and want to blog about your failure on the internet, looking for sympathy: sorry, I don't have it.

If you feel inferior to me because you're still in the "not started" stage of your life, stop making excuses and do something about your situation. If you feel I have a superiority complex because I chose to live within my means, sometimes had all-nighters doing homework, and still stayed awake at work the whole day, then you have a clear problem with honesty with yourself.

I just passed your comments by my former boss as he has a similar situation to me. He suggests to stop playing the blame game and get busy. FYI, he's a Berniecrat.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:45 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Thanks Dad

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:52 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Thanks Dad

You're welcome.

And many on the internet think my name is "dad ude mon" and call me "dad" for short.

And your mom calls me "daddy."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:53 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Agree with dadudemon that most people want to complain about life being unfair without implementing change in order to improve the quality. We all have friends who complain about their relationships, their jobs, etc. who don't do a damn thing to change it. They need to take ownership of their life. It's about having accountability.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:54 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Aight, I shouldn't embellish, pollution won't kill all of us by 2030.

It'll just kill our children.

But we're gonna run out of fish by 2050, at which point the ecosystems we depend on for food will collapse.

And that's assuming "mutually assured destruction" is enough to keep a wacko from sending the world into nuclear war.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:55 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by dadudemon
He's lazy!

If you say so double d.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 12:57 AM
dadudemon

If you say so double d.

Thanks, buddy!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 01:01 AM