KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Millennials Are Screwed

Millennials Are Screwed
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I was in school more than full time and working more than full time while married with 2 kids.
U were married and with two kids while still at school? Rad.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 06:29 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Beniboybling

He probably means college/uni.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 11:34 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Beniboybling

*in

And I usually enrolled in 12-15 credit hours per semester while working 40-60 hour work weeks.

Point is, you'll have to work for it. You have to be an adult if you're poor without connections. A daunting concept for many, it would seem.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 05:04 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
He probably means college/uni.

In the US, school is anything from elementry to graduate....wait for it...school. (We say "graduate school.")

Even our universities sometimes have the word "school" in them such as the Spartan School of Aeronautics.

I know, shocking...Americans speak slightly differently than British.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schoo...e_United_States

quote:
In North America, the term school can refer to any educational institution at any level, and covers all of the following: preschool (for toddlers), kindergarten, elementary school, middle school (also called intermediate school or junior high school, depending on specific age groups and geographic region), high school (or in some cases senior high school), college, university, and graduate school.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 05:05 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Admittedly my grades were garbage back in college as a Physics major. In fact I had to retake several classes in addition to working during my "Summer Vacation" just to make sure I would earn my degree.

Then again I would argue that is now a bit more work trying to find work that will allow one to move forward in the United States but we all have to start somewhere right?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 12:54 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
In the US, school is anything from elementry to graduate....wait for it...school. (We say "graduate school.")

Even our universities sometimes have the word "school" in them such as the Spartan School of Aeronautics.

I know, shocking...Americans speak slightly differently than British.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schoo...e_United_States
Americans speak weird yeah, but uni is still a bit early to be getting old and crusty. sad

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 09:40 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:55 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I couldn't finish that shit, too much crying. It's not that bad out there, job availability is quite a bit higher than it was 7 or 8 years ago.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 08:12 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote