KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » So - How powerful is Snoke, exactly?

So - How powerful is Snoke, exactly?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Quit while you're behind.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

All I did was mention that you had to resort to kissing quans ass while attempting to make a pretty lame insult, sorry bro. Btw the least you can do is insult me in a private message instead of derail a thread. But I get you're desperate for attention.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 02:28 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
I should just be like you and resort to kissing other people's asses when you're obviously struggling but that's not my style embarrasment
Zentrex, you'll have to wait until the dawn of Thanos as well for me to properly rebut this pile of poo. Darth nobody just revel in the fact as do the Snoke delusional haters Snoke's power and knowledge in the force are undeniable. As I said he's the most powerful force user to date.

Snoke-1
Haters and losers-0.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 02:05 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

"Make a Respect Thread, Quan-Chi. Honor your mighty Master!"

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...x0gfE1dt_zJXUir

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 08:39 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Zentrex, you'll have to wait until the dawn of Thanos as well for me to properly rebut this pile of poo. Darth nobody just revel in the fact as do the Snoke delusional haters Snoke's power and knowledge in the force are undeniable. As I said he's the most powerful force user to date.

Snoke-1
Haters and losers-0.

Actually as you know, snoke is DEAD! So

Quanchi zero
Darth Plaguis 20

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 08:24 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

fair point. We've (or at least I've) gone too far.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Okay, so now with the release of the Last Jedi novelization, let's discuss Snoke's powers.

We know that he's got "unlimited resources"
We know that he has knowledge of the Force which Palpatine was after
We know that he has thea ability to influence the minds/motivations of others, possible discourage or encourage them, make them feel certain things, look into the minds of others, extract information from them, and even bond the minds of two (or possibly more) completely different people. His bonds are so strong that they can transport matter and even presences across the galaxy.
We also know that he could fend off the "terrors" of the unknown regions with his powers, something the imperial military couldn't do.

Unlimited resources likely refers to the things he's got hiding in the Unknown Regions. Starkiller Base was one of them, and the novelization hints that there are more. There's also the attendants and the hyperspace blaze trails which allow him to navigate the unnavigatable.

Not sure what "truths" Snoke has discovered, or what this knowledge means for his power. We do know Palpatine was after it, and that it's arcane, and comes from the first civilizations ever and all that, but what does that really mean? All it really does is hint that this knowledge is important/powerful, but it didn't save Snoke from his death, which took those secrets with him.

So as far as the new Force abilities that he brings to the table, most seem to be psionic. He has the ability to probe minds, to influence minds, to bond minds, to indoctrinate minds, and to project one person's mind into another person's mind. The limitations of this are that these seem to be illusions. Luke was initially made to think that he'd failed and that the Jedi should end, but never killed himself (which is what he thought he wanted to do), never destroyed the Jedi texts (which he thought he wanted to do), and never quite believed in what he said he did. But it does give him the ability to successfully hinder people from doing what he wants them to do, and to slow down any opposition from the within enemy's mind. No information can stay hidden from him, unless the people who know that information stay hidden from him. This makes him powerful, but not incapable of being opposed.

And his other powers shall remain more unknown until what the nature of these "terrors" from the Unknown Regions are is revealed.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

And I'm sure it has been mentioned here already, but Snoke's force-lightning was also quite unique. It seemed to follow the physics of actual lightning far more than what we've seen from traditional users:

(please log in to view the image)

Came off as more of an elemental force that Snoke manipulated into doing his bidding, rather than just a power that he expelled from his person. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 31st, 2018 at 01:32 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Yeah, I really don't know what was up with that. Rian Johnson (I think) said that he did that to make it more realistic, but I have no idea why. It seems to change the entire ability, but rian johnson didn't seem to have that intention in mind when he changed it.

Force lightning seemed to be just strait up plasma being blasted FROM the fingertips of the caster, forward towards the victim. It didn't even behave like electricity.

I don't think it's different lightning, even though it should be judging by the way it behaves.

https://youtu.be/Hi_Wh3_Vezc?t=22s

I don't know if it says anything about how powerful he is, though.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 10:39 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, it was just Johnson's take on the FL we all know and love -- it was nothing special. I just thought it was a cool visual spin on the ability, and made Snoke stand out a bit.

Regardless, the novelization also describes it as your standard burst of force-lightning, which emerges from the user's fingertips:
quote:
"Kylo felt rage ignite deep inside of him--ignite and become an inferno demanding release. But Snoke had anticipated that, too. Kylo had only taken the slightest step toward his master when lightning erupted from Snoke's fingers, blasting Kylo backward and leaving him reeling in pain."

-TLJ

...So yeah. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 31st, 2018 at 10:53 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

cool. thumb up

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 11:21 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

snoke has shown quite force power just in the last jedi alone, making a force bond alone is very impressive

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:44 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

in the Comic Snoke stated that he sees "everything"-
https://s7.postimg.cc/73w1151d7/image.jpg

His ability to see events in the force as they unfold is probably even greater then Sidious's.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

yes they are, but dont think he could win in a duel though.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:18 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Sheev
His ability to see events in the force as they unfold is probably even greater then Sidious's.
How so? Palpatine has an abundance of similar feats/accolades in both canon and Legends.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:40 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

it seems that palpatine has high power of this, but snoke has no lightsaber or lightsaber training (most likely) and probably spent more of his time on this than palpatine. he is over 100. palpatine was 88.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 11:31 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Perhaps. Though just because we've never seen Snoke use a lightsaber in his, like, ~10mins of total screen time, certainly doesn't mean he has no lightsaber training/skills by default.

After all, when Palpatine originally appeared on screen back in RotJ, you could have easily made the same assertion about him... Same with Yoda when he first appeared in ESB. Only in later media did we learn that Palpatine/Yoda not only studied lightsaber combat, but that they were likely the two best swordsmen that have ever existed in the entire damn franchise.

Just saying.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 11:56 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
Perhaps. Though just because we've never seen Snoke use a lightsaber in his, like, ~10mins of total screen time, certainly doesn't mean he has no lightsaber training/skills by default.

After all, when Palpatine originally appeared on screen back in RotJ, you could have easily made the same assertion about him... Same with Yoda when he first appeared in ESB. Only in later media did we learn that Palpatine/Yoda not only studied lightsaber combat, but that they were likely the two best swordsmen that have ever existed in the entire damn franchise.

Just saying.

But then we have it saying that it hurts for Snoke to walk...then again, there is always his younger days!

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 23rd, 2018 at 12:48 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Snoke was actually the worst force user who ever used a lightsaber. Soon to be canon

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 12:59 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zenwolf
But then we have it saying that it hurts for Snoke to walk...then again, there is always his younger days!
There's also the possibility that Snoke's constant pain could've served to bolster his powers/abilities -- akin to Vader. /shrug

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:10 AM