KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » BoS SSJ2 Goku vs. BoS Fat Buu

BoS SSJ2 Goku vs. BoS Fat Buu
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

BoS SSJ2 Goku vs. BoS Fat Buu

BoS = Beginning of Super.

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

Who takes this?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 08:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

SSJ2 wasn't enough to beat Buu before, don't see why it would be now.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 08:50 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I'm tempted to say Fat Buu, cause I don't think Fat Buu got any weaker than he was before expelling his evilness, and Goku wouldn't have gotten strong enough to be at the level Fat Buu was, between ssj2 and ssj3 levels of power.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 08:53 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Goku kept training and got his ssj2 stronger. Fat Buu is former weak version of himself from the buu arc.

Goku should win.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 08:54 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vansonbee
Goku kept training and got his ssj2 stronger. Fat Buu is former weak version of himself from the buu arc.

Goku should win.

I agree.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 10:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

The thing about Fat Buu is, he did a whole lot better against Kid Buu than ssj2 Vegeta did so Fat Buu isn't any weaker than when he first appeared. Fat Buu was somewhere between ssj2 and ssj3 level, and I don't think in the short amount of time that passed between Buu Saga and BoG that Goku's power would have increased enough to be that powerful.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 10:53 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kento
The thing about Fat Buu is, he did a whole lot better against Kid Buu than ssj2 Vegeta did so Fat Buu isn't any weaker than when he first appeared. Fat Buu was somewhere between ssj2 and ssj3 level, and I don't think in the short amount of time that passed between Buu Saga and BoG that Goku's power would have increased enough to be that powerful.

thumb up

Buu wins on attrition, if nothing else.

But I bet a suicide spam would beat most anybody.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 11:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
SSJ2 wasn't enough to beat Buu before, don't see why it would be now.
This would technically be the 'good' incarnation of Fat Boo, who was weaker than the evil iteration... But it's ultimately irrelevant, because Goku doesn't have a chance here regardless.

I think most people are forgetting that DBS starts off just 6 months after the battle with Pure Boo in Z -- and I doubt Goku had improved much(if at all) in that time. Granted, his SSJ2 likely could have put up a decent fight against Fat/good Boo initially, but he certainly wasn't capable of delivering any lasting damage -- let alone beating/killing him. Boo's infinite stamina + regen is just too damn haxx.

Tbh, I'm hard-pressed to believe that even SSJ3 Goku could have perma-killed a Boo, but that's neither here nor there...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 24th, 2017 at 02:49 AM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 02:44 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Galan007
This would technically be the 'good' incarnation of Fat Boo, who was weaker than the evil iteration...

Yeah, but he was still strong enough to hang for a bit against even Pure Buu, so I honestly don't think he's that far below "Evil" Fat Buu if at all.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 09:28 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The good incarnation of Fat Boo should be weaker than the evil incarnation(he did lose an aspect of his power, after all), but not by much.

Even though he was ultimately ragdolled, Fat Boo still did WAY better against Pure Boo than SSJ2 Vegeta did... That alone tells me Goku has NO chance here.

Tbh, I think you could put 'BoS' SSJ3 Goku here and I still don't see him beating Fat Boo. Granted Goku starts off far more powerful, but I don't see him dishing out any damage that Boo couldn't regen from -- especially in the short amount of time that he can sustain SSJ3 for... But that's neither here nor there. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 24th, 2017 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 09:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I thought Goku could've killed pure Buu during the beginning of their battle as SS3?? If this is true, this version of Buu doesn't stand a chance.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 10:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by carver9
I thought Goku could've killed pure Buu during the beginning of their battle as SS3?? If this is true, this version of Buu doesn't stand a chance.
First off, SSJ2 Goku is in this thread. Fat Boo stomps him, hard.

Secondly, it was stated that a full power SSJ3 Goku > Pure Boo. However, I personally have my doubts that FPSSJ3 Goku could have *perma-killed* Pure Boo. Aside from his ridiculous regen, another characteristic that makes Boo so unique is that he has infinite stamina. IOW, he can take damage and regenerate endlessly, without losing any ki at all... The only way to truly *perma-kill* Boo is to generate an attack capable of utterly erasing every single atom of his being -- and the only forces capable of doing that are: SSJ Vegito-level characters(and above), and a universal Genki Dama(obviously).

Sans that level of *complete* erasure/nullification, nothing can injure/weaken Boo in the slightest(no matter how badly damaged his body is)... For example, even when Gotenks blew Super Boo into a bunch of tiny pieces, and incinerated each and every piece, he [Boo] was still able to regenerate from the phucking smoke the Boo-bits produced, without dropping in ki at all:
https://i.imgur.com/1QkLKm2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fCFCYM4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IeJkUPr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5XGI0Gb.jpg

In fact, it was implied that it takes a Boo to weaken a Boo... Vegeta made note of this when Fat Boo was fighting Pure Boo:

Sharp contrast to SSJ3 Goku, who couldn't even begin to weaken Pure Boo no matter what he did:

*The only other 'non-Boo' we've seen who could weaken/deplete Boo with h2h alone, was Beerus himself:
https://i.imgur.com/qiKK0fu.jpg

Based on the above, it's possible that Boo cannot be weakened/depleted by 'mortals', regardless of their power. For example, even though Vegito was beating the absolute shit out of Boohan h2h, he [Boohan] never really sustained any *lasting* damage -- he continuously regenerated/healed all damage sustained after every assault, without ever dropping in ki.

tl;dr
Even though FPSSJ3 Goku IS more powerful than Pure Boo overall, I just don't see how he could even hope to legitimately *deplete* Boo with his standard attacks -- let alone *perma-kill* him..? Especially since Goku can only maintain SSJ3 for a few minutes before he is completely taxed(which means he'd have to end Boo really fast.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 25th, 2017 at 01:34 AM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 01:20 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
Based on the above, it's possible that Boo cannot be weakened/depleted by 'mortals', regardless of their power. For example, even though Vegito was beating the absolute shit out of Boohan h2h, he [Boohan] never really sustained any *lasting* damage -- he continuously regenerated/healed all damage sustained after every assault, without ever dropping in ki.

It was stated that Buuhan was getting taxed. At least in the anime.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 04:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nothing like that was stated in the manga. Every time Vegito beat the shit out of Boohan in the manga, *poof*, he regenerated all the damage and was none the worse for wear(despite the enormous difference in power between them.)

...And that's what I mean: it was heavily implied in the manga that 'mortals' cannot deplete Boo's energy, no matter how powerful they are -- it takes a Boo to weaken a Boo. Sans fighting another version of himself(or a Hakaishin), Boo's energy has never once been canonically stated to have dropped in battle(barring complete atomic erasure, obviously.)

Dude has the best stamina/regen in the franchise. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:52 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 12:39 AM