KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Piccolo vs. Base Goku (Buu Saga)

Piccolo vs. Base Goku (Buu Saga)
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Piccolo vs. Base Goku (Buu Saga)

Yup, let's do this.

1. Anime canon
2. Manga canon

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 02:15 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Piccolo should win both. Beerus placed Goku below Freeza when they met in BoG and Piccolo is definitely stronger than Freeza.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 02:58 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Is Kaiō-ken allowed?

As for the anime canon, Goku could access a good portion of his SSJ power without transforming:

1:05 - 1:20

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Saiyan_Power

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:03 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

No kaioken or false SSJ, forgot to add that.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:32 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Current Piccolo, I assume?

Manga/DBS canon: Piccolo stomps with ease. As mentioned, even BoG-era base Goku was still < Freeza.
Anime canon: Probably the same... I don't recall any filler scenes that'd put base Goku over Piccolo. /shrug

Even if Kaioken is allowed, I still don't see it changing the outcome here. KKx20 is the highest we've seen Goku take the technique -- and that's not even half of the standard SSJ multiplier.

...Unless we use Goku from Movie #4, who used KKx100 to defeat Lord Slug, after...ironically enough...absorbing Piccolo's ki, lawl.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 27th, 2017 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:40 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Buu saga for both.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:43 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Doesn't change the outcome.

Piccolo(Boo saga) > Piccolo(Cell saga) = Android #17 >>> Freeza > base Goku.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 27th, 2017 at 03:58 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:49 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Piccolo should win both. Beerus placed Goku below Freeza when they met in BoG and Piccolo is definitely stronger than Freeza.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 05:50 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Piccolo stomps. Goku would need to turn blue to max out his sub sonic combat speeds (E.g., Piccolo should be faster, although it's hard to know how much faster.. We only know it's under the speed of sound, thanks to that robot tracking everyone with sonar, which proves the entire cast is < speed of sound.)

Piccolo wins.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 27th, 2017 at 06:33 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 06:30 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

what if goku uses warp-kamehameha right after the battle starts?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 05:52 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Piccolo would probably tank it.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 06:01 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Goku would need to,be a good deal > than #17 in base...which I find hard to believe.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 06:15 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Before Super came out a lot of people, perhaps the majority, thought that the base Saiyans in Buu saga were above Piccolo:

- Vegeta was confident he could win the tournament without going SSJ, even though Piccolo was in it
- Goten and Trunks were fighting Android 18 evenly in base
- Dabura selected Piccolo as one of the weaker fighters even though he and Babidi were surprised later by SSJ

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 08:01 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Beerus' comment makes no sense. Frieza was a f*cking pussy, even Base Gohan one-shotted him in Fusion Reborn movie. And he was weaker than during Cell Games.

Goku was supressed af when Beerus tried to gauge his battle power, that's the most likely explanation.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 06:12 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Piccolo cant even beat a bug.

He blasts himself in the face with special beam cannon after mumbling 5 minutes about strategy.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 06:21 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Fusing with Kami made him such a pussy...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 09:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Beerus' comment makes no sense. Frieza was a f*cking pussy, even Base Gohan one-shotted him in Fusion Reborn movie. And he was weaker than during Cell Games.
*Non-canon, doh.

Goku was supressed af when Beerus tried to gauge his battle power, that's the most likely explanation.
I don't think so, personally.

Whis is nigh-omniscient, and had clearly researched Goku's past(along with the other Saiyans') when Beerus woke up in BoG. Had Goku's base form been > Freeza, Whis surely would have noted such, and/or corrected Beerus when he sized base Goku up. Aside from that, Goku himself would have almost certainly said something like: "Hey!!! I'm way stronger than Freeza like this!!!", IF Beerus' comment weren't true. /shrug

No, I'm confident that Goku's max PL at base(barring multipliers like Kaioken and/or SSJ) was *close* to Namek saga Freeza's at the time, but still not quite there. The strong implication was that he still needed *some* sort of multiplier-boost to beat Freeza(though I'm sure a standard KK would have been more than sufficient)... And tbh, I'm fine with Freeza's PL not dwindling into utter insignificance compared to base Saiyans as of the Boo-era -- a power like his *should* still be relevant on some level, imo. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 30th, 2017 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 01:41 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Fusing with Kami made him such a pussy...

How so?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 09:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote