KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » New Dragon Ball Film - Coming December 2018!

New Dragon Ball Film - Coming December 2018!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
Puppeteer

New Dragon Ball Film - Coming December 2018!

Since there wasn't a proper thread made for this yet...

Most are already aware, but Shueisha has announced the production of a new Dragon Ball theatrical film scheduled for a "super-wide" national release in Japan in December 2018. This movie will be the 20th produced for the franchise, with the first movie premiering over 30 years ago in December 1986.

(please log in to view the image)

As with the 2015 movie Resurrection 'F', original author Akira Toriyama developed the movie's story and concept, as well as writing the its script and providing character designs. While movies of the past have centered around specific enemies, this film's theme will center around "the universe's mightiest warrior race, the Saiyans". It is very likely that much, if not all, of the information provided by Akira Toriyama in his recent "Saiyan Special Q&A" in the January 2018 issue of Saikyo Jump was taken from the story development for this new movie.

*The new information/retcons from Toriyama's aforementioned interview can be found here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f74/t648209.html

Here is the upcoming film's complete announcement, from "Jump Festa 2018":
(please log in to view the image)

All info, and/or thoughts related to the film can be posted here... Personally, I am looking forward to the background of Saiyans(namely their heritage and genealogy) being explored far more in depth.

"We're all puppets, Laurie... I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 05:53 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TethAdamTheRock
God of War

Is this anime or real life?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:17 PM
TethAdamTheRock is currently offline Click here to Send TethAdamTheRock a Private Message Find more posts by TethAdamTheRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Puppeteer

...It's anime.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 03:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Bojack was a beloved character? News to me. stick out tongue

I guess Yamoshi will be kinda like the Bardock of DB Super...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 05:20 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Puppeteer

That's what I'm hoping for, tbh. thumb up

Though I do wonder if they'll stick to Yamoshi having a similar appearance to Vegeta, like we saw in Shenron's retelling of the first Super Saiyan God in BoG..?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 05:46 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I lol'd at the Bojack comment.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 08:10 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Puppeteer

I guess Bojack might be more 'beloved' than, like, Lord Slug or Bio-Broly... But that's about it.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 09:21 PM
StiltmanFTW

So... this new film will also be retold in Super, boring us to death?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 09:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Puppeteer

If DBS is still going strong in another year+, I would imagine Toei will do a 'TV Special' or somesuch.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 10:23 PM