KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phil
This is midichlorians all over again.
The next reveal...

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Next page bump...
Originally posted by Estacado
I'm getting a Broly kind of vibe from this....

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Why did they even need to add "S-cells" lol? Nobody ****ing cares about why only some could do it. Literally all you need to do is maintain that "Pure" heart angle and it's good enough. Jesus, I can't imagine anyone wanted this reveal.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:23 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

My saiyan back is tingling......

"S-Cells are essential to becoming a Super Saiyan, when a Saiyan has gained enough they can transform by feeling intense levels of anger or sadness; alternatively (as demonstrated by Caulifla), by focusing their power into a tingling sensation in their upper-back (directly below their neck)"

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:19 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

I'm getting a Broly kind of vibe from this....

By seeing this preview, the desire of a movie with less powerful villains and a less powerful Goku is strong for me.
As cool as MUI Goku, Jiren, the GoDs and the Angels are, we really approached the ceiling of battle power with the last arc of Super: I mean, MUI Goku at this point is probably the strongest non-Angel being in the Multiverse, surpassing even the Gods of Destruction.
Sure, he is cool as hell and it was perfect to have the ultimate Goku for the DBS gran finale, but now I would like to see few steps back in power: this Goku reminds me of his saiyan-Namek saga counterpart, before achieving Ssj and I would love to see a less OP fight liked we were used to at the beginning of Z (i.e. Slug, or Turles).

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:28 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
By seeing this preview, the desire of a movie with less powerful villains and a less powerful Goku is strong for me.
As cool as MUI Goku, Jiren, the GoDs and the Angels are, we really approached the ceiling of battle power with the last arc of Super: I mean, MUI Goku at this point is probably the strongest non-Angel being in the Multiverse, surpassing even the Gods of Destruction.
Sure, he is cool as hell and it was perfect to have the ultimate Goku for the DBS gran finale, but now I would like to see few steps back in power: this Goku reminds me of his saiyan-Namek saga counterpart, before achieving Ssj and I would love to see a less OP fight liked we were used to at the beginning of Z (i.e. Slug, or Turles).
I thought this Goku was supposed to be after ToP? And if that being is indeed the original Super Saiyan God, then it is still decent enough levels. Especially with the tagline of "A Saiyan has no limits Sj Sharp".

Though Goku shouldn't even have to go Blue at this state, but we'll see.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:45 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I thought this Goku was supposed to be after ToP? And if that being is indeed the original Super Saiyan God, then it is still decent enough levels. Especially with the tagline of "A Saiyan has no limits Sj Sharp".

Though Goku shouldn't even have to go Blue at this state, but we'll see.

Yeah, it is post DBS.
It just something that I thought after seeing Goku with the power pole first, and then with the good, old BoZ belt.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:22 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

they better make super saiyan god look like ssj4 on steroids

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:56 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

The more I watch the teaser the more I really think if that's Yamoshi then his SSG form essentially turns him into a version of Sun Wukong. I know Broly isn't canon but think of how his Legendary form was different from the Super Saiyan we were used to, it could be this ancient SSG form is different than the one we know of.

DB in general was a nod to Journey to the West, and the wrap around this mysterious opponents waist looks a lot like the one in the JttW outfit, also it seems parts of him are covered in fur. It could be why Goku is bringing out the Power Pole after all these years, maybe Yamoshi has something similar, just like in the legend? I'm not crazy familiar with the tale but didn't Wukong rebel against the Gods? We know Yamoshi rebelled against the evil Saiyans, so it does have me curious.

Idk just a bunch of speculation atm, but it's fun having something new and DB related to look forward to lol.

Last edited by Yamcha on Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:17 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:03 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Unless it is "The" god of all saiyans.

Or the Apocalypse of saiyans or something.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:17 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Originally posted by bbrem123
Unless it is "The" god of all saiyans.
thumb up Heck it could be both, what better God for a bunch of "monkeys" than the Monkey King himself y'know?

Last edited by Yamcha on Mar 20th, 2018 at 11:27 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:23 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's funny seeing the theoretical plotlines people on the interwebz are already coming up with based on that 30 second trailer, lol. thumb up

All we know about the film so far is:
-It will be a continuation of DBS -- the next chapter in the story.
-It will tell the story of the first SSJ/SSG: Yamoshi.
-It will expand upon Saiyan genealogy/powersets by introducing the concept of 'S-Cells'.

...And hell, the last episode of DBS hasn't even been released yet. We don't even know if these massively haxx powers gleaned during the ToP are going to stick once all is said and done and the wish is made. evil face

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:48 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

If they're still continuing on with how important SSG is or how it is in the past, I have my doubts we'll get a reboot.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:50 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They could just undo the ToP. Goku and Vegeta would still retain their God-powers, but the asininely haxx powerups/zenkais that led up to ASSB and MUI, for example, would be gone.

...I doubt that will happen, but I'd be totally fine if it did. Hell, even a complete reboot would work for me at this point, tbh.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 21st, 2018 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:58 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

I wish I could reboot all your posts in this thread

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:02 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I wish I could reboot your face with my fist. thumb up

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:04 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

If I had one wish in life, I would reboot your whole life and become your father so I could mold you into becoming just like Carver9.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:12 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:34 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My saiyan back is tingling......

"S-Cells are essential to becoming a Super Saiyan, when a Saiyan has gained enough they can transform by feeling intense levels of anger or sadness; alternatively (as demonstrated by Caulifla), by focusing their power into a tingling sensation in their upper-back (directly below their neck)"
Well yeah... That's why the the energy shot out of Goku's back when he experienced the MUI backlash last episode:

shifty

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:31 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Sorry brah but your DB Super knowledge is clearly incomplete.

Those are the U cells backfiring every DB Super Pro knows to attain Ultra Instict you need to have U cells....

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 12:14 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote