KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 39 40 [41] 42 43 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

They were already beyond WBH. smile

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 03:36 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Got a question... in one scene it looks like Goku and Vegeta is running (flying) away from Broly but it looks like they are at the sun. Is this true?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 03:37 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As far as I've heard, no part of their battle takes place in space or near a sun. It's probably some type of energy attack or lava from the planet crumbling around them.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 03:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

And off course leaks were true Broly just got announced for XV2.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:32 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
They were already beyond WBH. smile

Who are you and what have you done with carver?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:42 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Guess I hadn't really thought about this until now, but Broly [SPOILER - highlight to read]: goes from being weaker than base Vegeta, to being stronger than Jiren(and potentially beyond even Beerus) in the span of ~2 HOURS.

I think he's dethroned Freeza in the 'prodigy' department, lol...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 11:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wait till you see Roshi's turtle. It's been training in secret for years.

Already capable of one-shotting Beerus and Champa with a single kiai

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 01:08 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Link to a new complete film summary:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/wiki/broly-summary

Corroborates everything we already knew... Just with far more detail. Breaks down absolutely everything from start to finish.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Broly vs. Gogeta battle sounds more and more like a completely lopsided shit-stomp in Gogeta's favor, tbh.

Can't wait to see this part of the battle on-screen, though:
"Gogeta fires a Kamehameha, and Broly matches it with his own attack; suddenly the fabric of reality cracks and shatters like glass, or ice. They fight in an odd landscape of colors."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 20th, 2018 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:05 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Not a fan of the whole[SPOILER - highlight to read]: FP Broly firebreathe but since they are trying to connect his power to oozaru its kinda acceptable...but yeah Blue Gogeta vs FP Broly sounds like its a stomp for Gogeta...

The backstory on the pelt is pretty nice tho...

Now Stilt can stop complainin about it...

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Nov 20th, 2018 at 04:38 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:33 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sounds like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: ALL of Gogeta's forms are superior to Broly... Just to varying degrees.

Base Gogeta is doing well against SSJ Broly, but goes SSJ for the lulz and begins stomping him easily. When Broly goes FPSSJ, Gogeta goes SSB for the lulz, and proceeds to stomp him easily again.

Also, I added a link to the film summary to the OP so it doesn't get buried/lost.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 20th, 2018 at 04:44 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:40 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

I like how Gohan is equal to SS2 Kefla in comparison in the Manga, but still seemingly weaker than Blue Goku/Vegeta when they're going all out.

Potara is useless now.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:49 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The only thing more useless than Potara is Gohan.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:56 PM
Estacado
Legendary

thumb up

On the other hand the fusion DANCE not only allows you to learn some funky moves but it also grants you the outfit of MC Hammer....

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 05:18 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Fusion dance is basically Fat Buu without the cape. It was a nice add I felt.

I'm still unsure why Blacked Vegito didn't use the Saiyan armor though.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 05:22 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The new series of gashapon toys has been revealed, and it gives us our first look at [SPOILER - highlight to read]: base Gogeta from the film:
https://i.imgur.com/uP2DdEu.jpg

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 09:01 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Paragus should be wearing a front armor piece on his crotch imo

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 10:19 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Saiyan testicles need no protection or whatsoever

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 01:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So I’ve been hearing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: other synopses for the movie where Goku never calls Broly the strongest opponent he’s ever faced, but rather that he’s just possibly stronger than Beerus. Given that neither Goku nor Vegeta use KK or Blue Evolution, much less MUI, I’m less sure of where Broly stands in relation to Jiren. Given how much the manga has diverged from the anime, I feel more inclined to buy Whis’ quote that Jiren > Belmod > Beerus in the anime.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 04:09 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jiren >>> Broly confirmed, he'd trounce Gogeta too

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 04:29 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

So, if base gogeta is above ssjb Goku and Vegeta, wouldn't that make the fusing Better than potara in terms of power?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 04:40 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote