KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Monical Rial (VA for Bulma, and primary accuser of Vic) got all the jobs and pay deals Vic had once Funimation fired him. Funny how that worked. Almost like Rial made the accusations to advance her career.

Mind you, not one of the accusations has a shred of evidence to support it. None of the women who complained so much as filed a police report when these supposed incidents happened.

I'm not into victim shaming, at all, and I believe that those with legit complaints should bring them forward, but I am a huge believer in the principal of innocent until PROVEN guilty. Vic should not have been punished over allegations. If the man is proven guilty, punish him then, and not beforehand.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 03:50 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

All the jobs and deals?

How does that work? She can't really VA Broly, or a male character (A child, maybe.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 03:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
All the jobs and deals?

How does that work? She can't really VA Broly, or a male character (A child, maybe.)

By that I mean Vic's old managerial roles. Vic was doing more than just VAing for Funimation.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 03:55 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Damborgson
Weird how the allegations came out after such a successful Broly movie...

From the timing, I'm thinking there was heavy pressure to put the accusation on hold, until AFTER the movie cycle finished up, so as not to hurt the box office.

As someone in the industry, she has reason to stay on good terms with it, and move so as not to hurt their bottom line.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 03:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Anyways, no more Gogeta guys.

Vegeta tells Goku in the Moro arc: "I'm NEVER teaming up with you again!"

So no more Gogeta, just like no more MUI. This seems to be a trend.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 04:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Monical Rial (VA for Bulma, and primary accuser of Vic) got all the jobs and pay deals Vic had once Funimation fired him. Funny how that worked. Almost like Rial made the accusations to advance her career.

Mind you, not one of the accusations has a shred of evidence to support it. None of the women who complained so much as filed a police report when these supposed incidents happened.

I'm not into victim shaming, at all, and I believe that those with legit complaints should bring them forward, but I am a huge believer in the principal of innocent until PROVEN guilty. Vic should not have been punished over allegations. If the man is proven guilty, punish him then, and not beforehand.
Unfortunately, in this day and age you are guilty until PROVEN innocent.

Originally posted by cdtm
Anyways, no more Gogeta guys.

Vegeta tells Goku in the Moro arc: "I'm NEVER teaming up with you again!"

So no more Gogeta, just like no more MUI. This seems to be a trend.
Meh, Vegeta has said that a few times before. He'll fuse again if/when the need arises.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 05:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Galan007
Unfortunately, in this day and age you are guilty until PROVEN innocent.

Meh, Vegeta has said that a few times before. He'll fuse again if/when the need arises.

There's no loyalty anymore. Companies used to stand behind their people, even if only top people.

Now, you almost think they're glad of the excuse to fire someone.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 07:44 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The thing with Vic was a ****ing witch hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H3soKn-m0A

Call this AnimeGate or whatever, but its disgusting.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 09:42 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And how Rial's acting on twitter, screenshotting tweets of people accusing her for her lawyers to use. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 12:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So apparently there's a video out where Vic gives a teary eyed apology as a result of recent events

Just disappointed at how quick Funimation was to throw him under the bus

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 02:29 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And Roosterteeth and others he was involved with. Guilty until proven innocent in this day and age, yadayada.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 02:59 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The thing with Vic was a ****ing witch hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H3soKn-m0A

Call this AnimeGate or whatever, but its disgusting.
That is honestly a shame.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 12:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So basically, they went after him so hard because he was "weird"?

People actually try and ruin someone's life, just because they don't like them?

What is WRONG with people?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 04:38 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-wY1-NGsP4

sick
I can pirate this movie in good conscience now if/whenever I'm to rewatch it in the future at least, because I definitely don't want to give Funimation more money after this.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 11:49 PM
wakkawakkawakka

This whole sequence of events just sours the whole experience of looking forward to new DB media. While I don't care much for Super, both FighterZ and the Broly movie had me kind of excited for new content until this point.

Now there's other VA's making fun of Vic for getting fired. How did this balloon to this point.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 06:29 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

https://www.change.org/p/funimation...or-rin-matsuoka

Looks like hate between Vic and the community go way back.

Honestly, if he really was creepy towards minors, I could see them trying to railroad the guy out of the industry.

Or it could be they're just slandering him. This is a LOT of hate though.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 06:52 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
This whole sequence of events just sours the whole experience of looking forward to new DB media. While I don't care much for Super, both FighterZ and the Broly movie had me kind of excited for new content until this point.

Now there's other VA's making fun of Vic for getting fired. How did this balloon to this point.

This isn't just a thing with Dragon Ball or Funimation, but almost any form of media now. Don't like something about someone whose involved with what you consume? (or fellow actor or whatever for those also involved) Make up shit about them to ruin their life then. eek!

And yeah, it did make me lose some respect for Chris Sabat and others who threw him under the bus without actual proof of him being some real creeper.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 09:01 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The film's Director, Tatsuya Nagamine, talks about staying as faithful as possible to Toriyama's script/vision:
quote:
Did you receive any requests from Toriyama regarding how he wanted the film to be made?

TN:
I took his script itself as his message saying, "just do it right." When I was in charge of the Dr. Slump: Dr. Mashirito and Abale-chan film, I created an animated version that didn't leave out even a single panel of his original work, and it was my personal mission to use that same method this time around, trying not to change lines or add things if possible. However, realistically speaking, I had to make everything fit into a 100 minute timeframe, so there were lines like, "Yes, Lord Freeza" where I would cut off the "Yes" and leave it as just "Lord Freeza" (laughs), and I shaved off small bits here and there. It couldn't be too jam-packed though; it needed room to breathe, and I took care to make sure the overall mood of his script remained, along with leaving his nuances and Toriyama-isms intact as much as possible. That was what I felt was the best way to handle his screenplay, and I went about creating the film with that in mind.

-Source

Toriyama was also heavily involved in the character animation aspect of the film. Animation Supervisor, Naohiro Shintani, explains:
quote:
What sort of corrections did Toriyama make on your character designs?

NS:
He made corrections directly on top of my drawings digitally, so I could redraw them straight from that. Though he didn't change much about Broli, Lemo was heavily corrected. I believe he also made corrections to Cheelye's profile. His corrections were particularly exacting for female characters like Bulma.

-Source

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 03:01 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
This isn't just a thing with Dragon Ball or Funimation, but almost any form of media now. Don't like something about someone whose involved with what you consume? (or fellow actor or whatever for those also involved) Make up shit about them to ruin their life then. eek!

And yeah, it did make me lose some respect for Chris Sabat and others who threw him under the bus without actual proof of him being some real creeper.

It's been like that since #metoo.

Tellingly, all signs point to that movement starting because Bob Weinstein used allegations as a weapon to take down Harvey. That all went down conveniently during the Weinstein falling out.

Which doesn't make any of the allegations fake against Harvey.

But, now that it's confirmed how effective mere allegations are at ruining careers, the lure of making up accusations is there. In a cutthroat industry, why WOULDN'T someone try it, as they try literally everything your average person would never dream of doing.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 03:34 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

I'm usually all for innocent til proven guilty, BUT I've heard way too much from people I know who are press and other things at cons on what they have seen him do for almost as long as I have been going to cons. So while a lot of stories may be bandwagon junk, there is some truth in there also.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 03:53 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote