KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 61 62 [63] 64 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well, now that the movie has been out for a while and the hype has died down, I'll go ahead and unpin this thread. It will obviously still be open for any news/discussions, though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 12:45 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Would Broly learning SSB increase his power since he is already above that as a LLSJ?

Or would the only power increase he could get would be learning Ultra Instinct.

I still have an unanswered question

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 05:28 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

My life would be complete if Gal just answered this question

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 09:11 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, there's not really a whole lot to say.

I highly doubt we'll ever see Broly progress beyond his FP form, because frankly, he doesn't need to. He's already several orders of magnitude more powerful than SSB Goku/Vegeta, and his power-creep in that form showed absolutely NO signs of slowing.

...Aside from the fact that most fans just want to see the green-haired version of Broly. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 2nd, 2019 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 09:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I figured as much, just wanted a second opinion

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 11:07 PM
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

SSB is a far more advanced form than FPSSJ, so to answer your question, yeah, he would be even more powerful if he was able to use Blue.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 09:39 AM
BestDebaterEver is currently offline Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is it more advanced with LSSJ was kicking the crap out of SSB?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 01:44 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by BestDebaterEver
SSB is a far more advanced form than FPSSJ, so to answer your question, yeah, he would be even more powerful if he was able to use Blue.

That makes no sense since we dont know anything about Broly's FP form.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 02:48 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
How is it more advanced with LSSJ was kicking the crap out of SSB?
Because of relativity?

Broly's SSJ form is way more powerful than Goku's SSJ form. They are still using the same form, with the same multiplier, but Broly is individually more powerful than Goku.
Originally posted by Estacado
That makes no sense since we dont know anything about Broly's FP form.
It's a unique version of the SSJ form(s). Same as what Kale used. Broly from what I can tell doesn't have any concept or grasp over God ki (hell he couldn't even fully control the forms he does have). If he did, he would obviously be more powerful.

I mean, if this FP form was more advanced than the God forms we have seen, then there was not nearly enough pant-shitting going on when Kale and Kefla used the green hair. Caulifla, concurrently with fighting alongside green hair Kale, was talking about how she wanted to advance onto SSB. So she clearly thinks it's a more advanced form... because it obviously is.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 03:01 PM
BestDebaterEver is currently offline Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The comparison to Kale only goes so far, though, because Broly's transformations =/= Kale's, nor was her power-creep remotely as gargantuan.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 03:11 PM
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

What's different about the forms?

Also, I find it interesting that Vegeta (and perhaps Goku as well?) flashes green in the Broly movie while transforming.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 03:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Broly goes from base, to Ikari, to SSJ, to FPSSJ(each form builds on the last.) Kale goes from base, to LSSJ -- and as mentioned, the power-creep they exhibited isn't remotely comparable either. The forms may look/act similar, but at the end of the day they are still different.

Yeah, Vegeta's hair was noticeably green for a brief moment. Goku's hair definitely went silver for a second, but I don't know if I caught it turning green.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 03:28 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 03:23 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BestDebaterEver
Because of relativity?

Broly's SSJ form is way more powerful than Goku's SSJ form. They are still using the same form, with the same multiplier, but Broly is individually more powerful than Goku. It's a unique version of the SSJ form(s). Same as what Kale used. Broly from what I can tell doesn't have any concept or grasp over God ki (hell he couldn't even fully control the forms he does have). If he did, he would obviously be more powerful.

I mean, if this FP form was more advanced than the God forms we have seen, then there was not nearly enough pant-shitting going on when Kale and Kefla used the green hair. Caulifla, concurrently with fighting alongside green hair Kale, was talking about how she wanted to advance onto SSB. So she clearly thinks it's a more advanced form... because it obviously is.

Kale's LSSJ isnt even remotely close to Brolys, I would call it LSSJ lite.

Broly was the one true legendary saijen above all the rest. I would even call his form above the god tiers, which clearly it was shown.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 03:31 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
Broly goes from base, to Ikari, to SSJ, to FPSSJ(each form builds on the last.) Kale goes from base, to LSSJ -- and as mentioned, the power-creep they exhibited isn't remotely comparable either. The forms may look/act similar, but at the end of the day they are still different.

Yeah, Vegeta's hair was noticeably green for a brief moment. Goku's hair definitely went silver for a second, but I don't know if I caught it turning green.

Goku's hair went silver? eek!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 03:32 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Referring to this:
(please log in to view the image)

Happened as he was transforming into SSB against Broly.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 03:39 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow damn! He almost went UI? I didn't even know that! He even had the UI aura, that means to me, he is getting close at least to controlling that transformation?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 03:42 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

$103 million in total sales worldwide for its box office run, this is just absolutely amazing. I think we can safely say that DBS and its future are solidified for the next 2-3 generations if not longer.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/02...ce-final-anime/

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 03:55 PM
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Originally posted by Galan007

They seem different only insofar as Kale skipped straight to LSSJ, and Broly is far more naturally powerful. Other than that, they seem like similar forms... one might go as far to say they are each other's twin universe counterparts.

Yeah I think it was just Vegeta.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 04:36 PM
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Also, can we talk about the fact that Kale and Broccoli, which Kale and Broly both derive their names from, are both green vegetables? The parallels are all too clear, it is Broly and Kale's destiny to make beautiful saiyan berserker babies together.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 04:45 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Broly's SSJ and FPSSJ forms ultimately build upon the power of his Ikari/Oozaru form. Kale's LSSJ does not.

The forms themselves are visually similar, no doubt, but they are still different transformations, imo.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 05:03 PM