KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Toguro vs Colossus

Toguro vs Colossus
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Toguro vs Colossus

Who's taking this? Anime fts are accepted here.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 08:14 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I don't think Colossus would survive in the presence of 100% Toguro.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 09:09 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin Mars

Colossus will literally tear Toguro apart. Toguro, even at 100%, is town level at best and is eclipsed by even low level A class demons while Colossus can hang with guys way above that such as Juggernaut and Hulk.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 05:14 AM
Shin Mars is currently offline Click here to Send Shin Mars a Private Message Find more posts by Shin Mars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Colossus has no spirit energy, much less any comprehension of it thus is susceptible to getting his soul absorbed while in the presence of Toguro's 100% state. Throw in Toguro's speed and a strength contest is never an issue here.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 05:36 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin Mars

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Colossus has no spirit energy, much less any comprehension of it thus is susceptible to getting his soul absorbed while in the presence of Toguro's 100% state. Throw in Toguro's speed and a strength contest is never an issue here.

Toguro's soul absorption is pathetic. It was easily shrugged off by demons with any sort of battle competence. Magik uses spirit energy with her Soulsword and Colossus intercepted it when she tried to slash him. Colossus also isn't a slow poke and his strength feats easily best Toguro's such as stopping a sentinel from stomping on him and tearing off Mastermold's leg like it was paper. Colossus also took several punches from Gladiator so Toguro is not going to be able to do much to him.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 05:58 AM
Shin Mars is currently offline Click here to Send Shin Mars a Private Message Find more posts by Shin Mars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

(please log in to view the image)

Toguro would run circles around Colossus.

And hes so strong his finger flicks can cause air pressure canons.

(please log in to view the image)

He's on another level.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 07:05 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin Mars

Colossus has tagged Psylocke and Nightcrawler as well as intercepted Sunfire so he is not a slow poke. I was going to post some links from a respect thread but the forum won't let me since I am new. I'll see if using IMG will work.

Toguro's finger flicks will be like mosquito bites to Colossus. They only grazed Yusuke and only killed fodder demons. The fact Colossus could survive a beat down from Gladiator, someone way above Toguro, is very telling.

Toguro gets pushed down to mid-tier levels by the end of Chapter Black and even the showings there are eclipsed by the Three King arc feats.

Last edited by Shin Mars on Dec 30th, 2017 at 07:46 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 07:34 AM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by Shin Mars
Toguro's soul absorption is pathetic. It was easily shrugged off by demons with any sort of battle competence. Magik uses spirit energy with her Soulsword and Colossus intercepted it when she tried to slash him. Colossus also isn't a slow poke and his strength feats easily best Toguro's such as stopping a sentinel from stomping on him and tearing off Mastermold's leg like it was paper. Colossus also took several punches from Gladiator so Toguro is not going to be able to do much to him.
We're talking about a point in YYH where zipping around teleport-like with flashsteps was pretty common. I have seen zero indication of Colossus ever demonstrating such speed. To Toguro, somebody who can cut someone else into 14 different pieces in less than the blink of an eye is laughable slow.

The soulsword has been touched and grabbed by a litany of people besides Colossus and is a physical weapon with magical power designed to combat magical threats. . I don't mind equating spirit energy or whatever, but there is zero indication that Toguro's technique can be "grabbed" or "punched away. " We'd need to see some energy manipulation or soul absorbing resistance feats from Colossus to entertain the notion that he'd be able to deal with being in Toguro's presence. Even a seasoned spirit powered fighter like Kuwabara (who can tank spirit energy attacks just fine) would have succumbed to it if not for Koenma throwing up a barrier.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 07:50 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol... this guy is hilarious

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 07:52 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Well I guess that solved itself...

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 08:27 AM
Shin Mars

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
We're talking about a point in YYH where zipping around teleport-like with flashsteps was pretty common. I have seen zero indication of Colossus ever demonstrating such speed. To Toguro, somebody who can cut someone else into 14 different pieces in less than the blink of an eye is laughable slow.

The soulsword has been touched and grabbed by a litany of people besides Colossus and is a physical weapon with magical power designed to combat magical threats. . I don't mind equating spirit energy or whatever, but there is zero indication that Toguro's technique can be "grabbed" or "punched away. " We'd need to see some energy manipulation or soul absorbing resistance feats from Colossus to entertain the notion that he'd be able to deal with being in Toguro's presence. Even a seasoned spirit powered fighter like Kuwabara (who can tank spirit energy attacks just fine) would have succumbed to it if not for Koenma throwing up a barrier.

Then why aren't they as fast as the S class characters who are much stronger and faster but have the same teleportation-like art style to their speed? Going by your logic, they should be that fast.

Yusuke had no problem being around Toguro and his spiritual awareness was lower than Kuwabara's was at the time. Jin's wind also blew away Toguro's soul absorption. As I said, Toguro's soul absorption is pathetic.

Originally posted by carver9
Lol... this guy is hilarious

I'm giving reasons in my posts, you aren't, but that's pretty obvious of you since you are considered the laughing stock of this forum. Care to prove why Toguro wins?

Last edited by Shin Mars on Dec 30th, 2017 at 09:00 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 08:47 AM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by Shin Mars
Then why aren't they as fast as the S class characters who are much stronger and faster but have the same teleportation-like art style to their speed? Going by your logic, they should be that fast.
If person A was moving at hypersonic+ speeds and person B was moving at hypersonic++ speeds, would you visually be able to tell the difference? It isn't a matter of art style given the number of statements attributed to Hiei when he is moving at such speeds.

quote:
]Yusuke had no problem being around Toguro and his spiritual awareness was lower than Kuwabara's was at the time. Jin's wind also blew away Toguro's soul absorption. As I said, Toguro's soul absorption is pathetic.
The spirit wave orb put Yusuke's spirit power on par with 80% Toguro's, so it wasn't difficult for him to ward off Toguro's demonic aura (which we know based on the fact that Pu was warding off to protect the girls) whereas Hiei, Kurama and Kuwabara all specificaly had to get behind Koenma's shield. And Jin's wind is anything but ordinary given that he's used the very same wind to absorb the energy of a point blank spirit gun with zero effort.

Colossus, on the other hand, has zero defenses here and is up against a master combatant with far more experience in killing than the tin man could hope to dream. Regardless of how pathetic you deem it, what can Colossus do exactly besides run away? He has no form of energy projection abilities to protect himself with and is susceptible to getting blitzed. I agree that Toguro does not have what it takes to put the metal man down physically (if we're looking at high-end durability feats only), but he doesn't need to.

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on Dec 30th, 2017 at 10:26 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 10:19 PM
SSJGGogeta

Toguro wins. I can't see Colossus being able to tag him, let alone survive a soul steal from Toguro. Even though high-end Colossus has better feats than Toguro, he has also been hurt by far less than Toguro dishes out on average.

He'd get worn down eventually, even assuming Toguro wouldn't just steal his soul immediately.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:33 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote