KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Thrawn - Comic Book Series

Thrawn - Comic Book Series
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zentrex
Hi!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
The threats in the Unknown Regions will almost certainly be left ambiguous in the comic series, just like they were in the novelization.

What makes you say that? They were left ambiguous in the novel because it was about The Last Jedi. This series is about Thrawn.

I also just want them to PLEASE give me an answer. I just need one, answer. The Yuuzhan Vong are something which we've already seen in the legends continuity, so I'm up for something new. If they're not going to tell us what's in the Unknown Regions, they could at least give us a hint! That's all I need. What is the nature of those things from the unknown regions? And it'd be amazing if they showed us what Snoke's earlier days in the unknown regions were like.

quote:
All we know about said threats is that some of them are, per Thrawn: "far more evil than the Empire, and far more dangerous to all living beings."

That sounds like something I want to know more about, though...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zentrex
What makes you say that? They were left ambiguous in the novel because it was about The Last Jedi. This series is about Thrawn.
I am talking about the Thrawn novelization exclusively. It ambiguously references the Unknown Region's threats, just like the comic adaptation has.

Here are pertinent excerpts from the novel:

quote:
"There are threats lurking in the Unknown Regions, threats that will someday find your Empire. I am familiar with many of them," said Thrawn.

"I will learn of them soon enough on my own," the Emperor countered placidly. "Can you offer anything more?"

"Perhaps you will learn of them in time to defeat them," Thrawn said. "Perhaps you will not. What more do I offer? I offer my military skill. You could utilize that skill in making plans to seek out and eliminate these dangers."

"These threats you speak of," the Emperor said. "I presume they're not simply threats to my Empire?"

"No, Your Majesty," Thrawn said. "They are also threats to my people."

quote:
"There are evil things in this galaxy," said Thrawn. "Far more evil than the Empire, and far more dangerous to all living beings. We know of some, while of others we have heard only rumors. We needed to know whether the Empire that was rising from the ashes of the Clone War could be an ally against them."

"Or whether it should instead be collapsed into an easy prey," Nightswan said.

Originally posted by Zentrex
That sounds like something I want to know more about, though...
Whatever said threats are, they're more evil and dangerous to ALL living beings than even the Empire was... And that was according to Thrawn after he'd been part of the Imperial hierarchy for a number of years(he was an Admiral at the time), and also after he'd gained working knowledge of the Death Star and its capabilities. So yeah, the threats he is aware of in the Unknown Regions must be uber AF if he STILL considered them more dangerous than the Empire.

That said, there is not a doubt in my mind that the Vong will eventually be revealed as one of these canon threats(likely the most evil/dangerous threat of all)... And they will be ridiculously OP when they finally appear, me thinks.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Well, that's...kind of something new? I'll try and be happy about it when it comes out, but that's about as much of a compliment as I can give it. Sorry master Yoda.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thrawn is promoted from Commander, to Commodore, to Admiral in the space of 5 pages, lol:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

I knew the comic series was going to compress some shit, but damn...

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 09:00 PM