KMC Forums

 
  REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!
 
 
Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Can Sidious one-shot Revan?


Can Sidious one-shot Revan?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, definitely 13 36.11%
Maybe 5 13.89%
Rather not 18 50.00%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Sidious one-shot Revan?
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ursumeles
Traitor

Registered: Sep 2016
Location: Outside the Universe


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
He factually did not TK the Lusankya, lmao, I literally JUST posted the scan proving that.

Being greater than Plagueis means nothing when Vitiate is likewise above Plagueis.

Vitiate borderline one-shotted Revan, who's near enough to Yoda in his own right, by feats.

Dooku and Maul are fodder to Vitiate as well, try harder.

lol @ "mid tier Jedi", Revan (who I'm assuming you're talking about) is easily within Yoda's wheelhouse in regards to power. Plus, Revan didin't really get that close to killing Vitiate.

Has been debunked several times.

Based on?

Kek. "VITIATE DIDNT ONESHOT REVAN SO NEITHER CAN SIDIOUS" "VITIATE NEAR ONE-SHOTTED REVAN ON A DARK SIDE NEXUS SO HES >>> SIDIOUS". And Yoda >> Revan.

Based on what is Dooku fodder to NoVitiate?

I'm talking about Meetra ffs. Pathetic showing.

Can't recall Exar absorbing a planet-destroying explosion.


__________________

"Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77
Senior Member

Registered: Aug 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
If Sidious mind-fogged Coruscant citizens. That means the power wasn't applicative on them at once, but Palpatine mind-fogged just those in the vicinity of the ship.
Correct, and then THEY buried the Lusankya.

The idea that Sidious somehow did it with TK, is ludicrous.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:26 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77
Senior Member

Registered: Aug 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Has been debunked several times.

Based on?

Kek. "VITIATE DIDNT ONESHOT REVAN SO NEITHER CAN SIDIOUS" "VITIATE NEAR ONE-SHOTTED REVAN ON A DARK SIDE NEXUS SO HES >>> SIDIOUS". And Yoda >> Revan.

Based on what is Dooku fodder to NoVitiate?

I'm talking about Meetra ffs. Pathetic showing.

Can't recall Exar absorbing a planet-destroying explosion.


The scan I provided hasn't been debunked, if there's something that disproves, then provide it.

Given Vitiate and Sidious are equals at the least, if Vitiate can't do it, then no, neither can Sidious.

Feats. A severely weakened Vitiate dominating the minds of the citizens on Ziost, and then casually draining the planet of all life, is VASTLY beyond Dooku's best feats. Plus, any being with a literal planet's worth of power is going to be in an entirely separate tier than anyone that isn't Sidious or Luke, meaning the likes of Vitiate or Nihilus are far more comparable to Sidious than you would be willing to think.

Meetra didn't come close to killing Vitiate, she had an opening to make the ATTEMPT to do so, but nothing proves that she would have succeeded.

lmao, now you're just being stupid. Kun is well beyond Poof.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:32 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan
Senior Member

Registered: Jul 2015
Location: Hungary


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
Most debate circles treat feats better than accolades. Feats are legitimate showings of power, generally they aren't exaggerated, they're direct representations of what a character can do. An accolade of "____ is most powerful", despite having inferior feats to someone else, isn't worth the paper it's written on.


So a fictional event written by an author is more credible than a fictional accolade written by an author? lul


__________________


"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:32 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77
Senior Member

Registered: Aug 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
So a fictional event written by an author is more credible than a fictional accolade written by an author? lul
Yes, considering the event itself is a direct showcase of power, an accolade isn't. If we treated accolades as 100% factual, as most of you seem to do, Skere Kaan's "embodiment of the Dark Side" quotes could be used to argue Kaan~The Son. Accolades should, in most cases, be considered in arguments or rankings, but almost never considered as total fact or truth.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:34 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd
Senior Member

Registered: Feb 2015
Location: Romania


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
Vitiate borderline one-shotted Revan, who's near enough to Yoda in his own right, by feats.

Revan (who I'm assuming you're talking about) is easily within Yoda's wheelhouse in regards to power.


Weird, I thought you'd put Revan above Yoda.


__________________
Azronger: "Nadd is not a Sheevite. He hates Sheev. Avoid him."

Ancient Power: "Nadd is a God, one among few. Revanchiste the indecipherable being the Lord Shiva of said pantheon. Though one must never forget He Who Shall Not Be Named."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Registered: Sep 2016
Location: Outside the Universe


 

Anyway, accolades are usually far better to gauge the strenght of a character. Feats are inconcistent - Yoda struggling to lift a pillar in AOTC, and ragdolling huge ships in OCW. Luke struggling with Lumiya, and stomping Caedus. Caedus struggling with mandos and destroying Kyle.


__________________

"Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77
Senior Member

Registered: Aug 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Weird, I thought you'd put Revan above Yoda.
SoR Revan, I do. Novel/Reborn Revan, I put around Plagueis.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:35 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Registered: Feb 2006
Location: United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
So a fictional event written by an author is more credible than a fictional accolade written by an author? lul
For versus forum purposes, absolutely! NONE of these accolades are EVER made with the mindset of "who would win if suddenly dropped into a stupid random cage match with no knowledge or preparation whatsoever." laughing out loud

A detailed account of a feat at least allows us more information to use as a means of articulating what would happen in a hypothetical scenario.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77
Senior Member

Registered: Aug 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Anyway, accolades are usually far better to gauge the strenght of a character. Feats are inconcistent - Yoda struggling to lift a pillar in AOTC, and ragdolling huge ships in OCW. Luke struggling with Lumiya, and stomping Caedus. Caedus struggling with mandos and destroying Kyle.
Easily attributed to growth over time, earlier iterations of a character are logically less capable of doing something than another character. Accolades can say whatever they want, but the actual demonstrated power of a character is vastly more reliable, imo.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:36 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77
Senior Member

Registered: Aug 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
For versus forum purposes, absolutely! NONE of these accolades are EVER made with the mindset of "who would win if suddenly dropped into a stupid random cage match with no preparation whatsoever." laughing out loud
Despite what (I assume) is sarcasm, this isn't incorrect.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:37 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Registered: Sep 2016
Location: Outside the Universe


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
The scan I provided hasn't been debunked, if there's something that disproves, then provide it.

Given Vitiate and Sidious are equals at the least, if Vitiate can't do it, then no, neither can Sidious.

Feats. A severely weakened Vitiate dominating the minds of the citizens on Ziost, and then casually draining the planet of all life, is VASTLY beyond Dooku's best feats. Plus, any being with a literal planet's worth of power is going to be in an entirely separate tier than anyone that isn't Sidious or Luke, meaning the likes of Vitiate or Nihilus are far more comparable to Sidious than you would be willing to think.

Meetra didn't come close to killing Vitiate, she had an opening to make the ATTEMPT to do so, but nothing proves that she would have succeeded.

lmao, now you're just being stupid. Kun is well beyond Poof.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...postid=16227847

Dude, you do understand what circular logic is right?

Pretty sure that Az (arguably) debunked Ziost in his essay. Also, Valkorion =/= Novel Vitiate.

She struggled with her and a fugging droid lol. Not that it matters, as feats are inconcistent.

Give me a feat from Kun that's better.


__________________

"Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd
Senior Member

Registered: Feb 2015
Location: Romania


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
Correct, and then THEY buried the Lusankya.

The idea that Sidious somehow did it with TK, is ludicrous.


That means Sidious mind-fogging the entire planet is also debunked. There are many rettarded fans who think he mind-wiped an entire planet. laughing out loud


__________________
Azronger: "Nadd is not a Sheevite. He hates Sheev. Avoid him."

Ancient Power: "Nadd is a God, one among few. Revanchiste the indecipherable being the Lord Shiva of said pantheon. Though one must never forget He Who Shall Not Be Named."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Registered: Sep 2016
Location: Outside the Universe


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
Easily attributed to growth over time, earlier iterations of a character are logically less capable of doing something than another character. Accolades can say whatever they want, but the actual demonstrated power of a character is vastly more reliable, imo.
40 ABY Caedus:destroys Kyle
41 ABY Caedus: struggles with mandos
-> growth


__________________

"Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd
Senior Member

Registered: Feb 2015
Location: Romania


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
SoR Revan, I do. Novel/Reborn Revan, I put around Plagueis.


Why you split them apart?


__________________
Azronger: "Nadd is not a Sheevite. He hates Sheev. Avoid him."

Ancient Power: "Nadd is a God, one among few. Revanchiste the indecipherable being the Lord Shiva of said pantheon. Though one must never forget He Who Shall Not Be Named."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Registered: Feb 2006
Location: United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
Despite what (I assume) is sarcasm, this isn't incorrect.
I wasn't being sarcastic. smile

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd
Senior Member

Registered: Feb 2015
Location: Romania


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
40 ABY Caedus:destroys Kyle
41 ABY Caedus: struggles with mandos
-> growth


This is more of a plot problem than something to do with Force strength.


__________________
Azronger: "Nadd is not a Sheevite. He hates Sheev. Avoid him."

Ancient Power: "Nadd is a God, one among few. Revanchiste the indecipherable being the Lord Shiva of said pantheon. Though one must never forget He Who Shall Not Be Named."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan
Senior Member

Registered: Jul 2015
Location: Hungary


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
Yes, considering the event itself is a direct showcase of power, an accolade isn't. If we treated accolades as 100% factual, as most of you seem to do, Skere Kaan's "embodiment of the Dark Side" quotes could be used to argue Kaan~The Son. Accolades should, in most cases, be considered in arguments or rankings, but almost never considered as total fact or truth.


As if there aren't inconsistent feats... roll eyes (sarcastic)


__________________


"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:45 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Registered: Aug 2013
Location: The Eternal Throne


 

Well yeah, in actuality literally every debating circle other than the SW one puts a premium on feats over statements.

Just Saiyan. smile


__________________

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:46 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Registered: Sep 2016
Location: Outside the Universe


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well yeah, in actuality literally every debating circle other than the SW one puts a premium on feats over statements.

Just Saiyan. smile
Don't you accept the daizenshuu as evidence?


__________________

"Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 06:28 AM.
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< Contact Us - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Forum powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.