KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Can Sidious one-shot Revan?

Can Sidious one-shot Revan?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, definitely 13 35.14%
Maybe 5 13.51%
Rather not 19 51.35%
Total: 37 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Sidious one-shot Revan?
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ursumeles
Traitor

1. The best
2. What? Dude, the point of a accolade that says that Sidious is #1 is to say that Sidious is number #1. And yes, the accolades focus on main chars, because main chars are usually the most powerful ones (Anakin, Yoda, Sidious, Vitiate, HoT, Revan, Exar etc). Doesn't means anything.

Not sure why you ramble about authors hating Lucas, but whatever.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

And you continue to miss the point.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:24 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I have the scan, but it's too big to attach to a comment.

At least you know the name, I forgot it?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by quanchi112
And you continue to miss the point.

He is a stormtrooper.

smile

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Freddon, what is you criticism about? That they're main chars?

It sounds like you're saying that they're only the most powerful inside the story the accolade is written in - but in the case of Sidious, we have over a dozen seperate accolades from various authors, in and out of Universe. If he's the most powerful Sith, he's the most powerful Sith.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Ursumeles
1. The best
2. What? Dude, the point of a accolade that says that Sidious is #1 is to say that Sidious is number #1. And yes, the accolades focus on main chars, because main chars are usually the most powerful ones (Anakin, Yoda, Sidious, Vitiate, HoT, Revan, Exar etc). Doesn't means anything.

Not sure why you ramble about authors hating Lucas, but whatever.

1. Wrestling MVP?
2. You also ask yourself why is he the most powerful if you take it as universal fact despite new stories appearing with new characters(Valkorion)

You just said it yourself, actually: The main characters are the most powerful because the story focuses on them. So, each story has their own "most powerful" characters. Thus, instead of using accolades, you switch to feats.

All those accolades that claim Sidious as the supreme Sith are either part of Lucas canon, they are either "outdated"(that means it doesn't take into consideration the new time frame of stories; whether those stories are distant sequels or prequels) or just compressed in the 1000 years during Darth Bane's reign as a Dark Lord of the Sith-'til to his time.

IIRC, he was only classified as the greatest Dark Lord of the Banite Sith Order. Even so, it was due to his wealth of Sith knowledge, his military and political power.

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Jan 8th, 2018 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:38 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
1. Wrestling MVP?
2. You also ask yourself why is he the most powerful if you take it as universal fact despite new stories appearing with new characters(Valkorion)

You just said it yourself, actually: The main characters are the most powerful because the story focuses on them. So, each story has their own "most powerful" characters. Thus, instead of using accolades, you switch to feats.
2. Some of Sidious "most powerful" accolades were created after the creation of Vitiate, though. (Or, to be more precise, after Revan was published).

3. No. That characters are the most powerful chars in their own stories doesn't means that they can't be the most powerful outside of their own stories. Especially considering that many of the accolades are from sourcebooks and similar sources.
For example, Exar is a main char in TotJ, Muur isn't. Exar has accolades placing him above Muur -- that means he is superior to Muur, not that Exar is more powerful because he's a main character

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:47 PM
Freedon Nadd

You continue to miss my point. I am afraid.

I never said that main characters aren't the most powerful. I said that they are the most powerful because they are the main characters in the story.
But each character is the most powerful in their own stories. Valkorion/Vitiate is in his with his accolades, Exar is with his, Sidious is with his.
But their powers aren't dependant on their accolades. Their accolades are dependant on their powers; if you get me.
And that's where feats come into play.
I one am of the action proves the word philosophy. Maybe for you the word is more important than the action. I can't blame your perspective.

Tell me when those accolades appeared that put Sidious above Valkorion/Vitiate in the Legends canon?

I have no memory of them. Unless it is a re-publication of "outdated" sources.

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Jan 8th, 2018 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:54 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

You continue to miss my point. I am afraid.

Tell me when those accolades appeared that put Sidious above Valkorion/Vitiate in the Legends canon?

I have no memory of them. Unless it is a re-publication of "outdated" sources.
Your point just doesn't makes sense to me. That's it.

Sorry, I don't have the accolades on my hand right now. Pretgy sure Az does, though.

I'm not interested in continuing this debate, and I need to respond to make my opener againsr Ell anyway.

So good day I guess

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 10:04 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Sidious' accolades don't apply to Tenebrae for the millionth time, Vitiate was just another mask. He's never been Sith, he used the Sith as part of his plan. The best you could argue was that he maintained Sith ways until the Revan novel and even that is sketchy.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:10 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Pretty sure Vitiate was Zakuulan even prior to the Revan Novel, based on what Akghal Usar says on Yavin.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:14 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

True.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:15 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

At least you know the name, I forgot it?
https://i.imgur.com/Jx8LynJh.jpg

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:20 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You might want to use (please log in to view the image) instead of a link.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:22 PM
darthbane77

Originally posted by AncientPower
You might want to use (please log in to view the image) instead of a link.
I tried attaching the image already, it was too big.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:23 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by AncientPower
Sidious' accolades don't apply to Tenebrae for the millionth time, Vitiate was just another mask. He's never been Sith, he used the Sith as part of his plan. The best you could argue was that he maintained Sith ways until the Revan novel and even that is sketchy.

Sidious' accolades only apply to him in the context of the Banite Sith era.
I already explained to him the importance of the context when a story is written. But he just won't get it.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:47 PM
darthbane77

I already explained to him the importance of the context when a story is written. But he just won't get it.
Yeah, that's how I look at it. The Banite Sith and the original Sith are two different orders, "he Order of the Sith Lords", so it's not unreasonable to argue or believe that any of Sidious "GOAT quotes" aren't just referring to Sith within the order that Sidious himself was a member of.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:51 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by darthbane77
https://i.imgur.com/Jx8LynJh.jpg

This panel alone also reveals that draining Byss didn't make Palpatine more powerful in the Force, just that it prevented his bodily and mindily degeneration. Therefore, DE Sidious isn't stronger than his TPM-ROTJ counterpart, but more knowledgeable and masterful. And it also proves that those citizens allowed Sidious to steal their life-energy via Sidious Force-bonding with them. So, they were feeding him, not the other way around. Sidious just kept eating them. That explains how he was able to do it when he was not present on the planet with them or in its vicinity. It was due to a perverted and sick Force bond.

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:53 PM
darthbane77

This panel alone also reveals that draining Byss didn't make Palpatine more powerful in the Force, just that it prevented his bodily and mindily degeneration. Therefore, DE Sidious isn't stronger than his TPM-ROTJ counterpart, but more knowledgeable and masterful. And it also proves that those citizens allowed Sidious to drain them via Sidious Force-binding with them.
I wouldn't go that far. There are quotes stating that Sidious DID increase in power from ROTJ to DE, and to assume he had no growth between TPM and ROTJ is pretty stupid. The AMOUNT of growth is arguable, but that he grew, is not.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:58 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Dude, disagreeing =/= don't getting it.

We also know that DE Sidious did grew stronger:
quote:
Resurrected in a youthful clone body, Palpatine does not reveal himself immediately. Studying the dark side of the Force to become more powerful, his education results in three manifestos: The Book of Anger, The Weakness of Inferiors, and The Creation of Monsters.

Source: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded

Edit: Credit to Nova

Last edited by Ursumeles on Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:58 PM