KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Deadliest fire in NYC in 25 years claims 12 victims

Deadliest fire in NYC in 25 years claims 12 victims
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Okay it is burners. If it was curiosity there would be a variety of shit. But it was burners.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: The Throne Of The House Of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
The boy wasn't alone. He was with his mother. And his mother responded to him when he started screaming.

No problems, here.

The expectation that a parent has to have eyes on their small children, 24/7, is absurd. It's not possible.

This is just a very shitty accident.


Why is monitoring a young child properly an absurd notion?


__________________

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:31 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Why is monitoring a young child properly an absurd notion?


My thing is he had a history of this. No, not a history of just in general getting into shit, but specifically playing with burners.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Why is monitoring a young child properly an absurd notion?



A you familiar with the concept of a strawman?


Look at what I said.


Look at what you said.


Did you address what I said?


No. You didn't. You responded to something no one posted but quoted me.


Shame.

(please log in to view the image)


__________________

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:36 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Okay it is burners. If it was curiosity there would be a variety of shit. But it was burners.


So he only ever played with burner knobs, is that right? All the time? Never stopped?


Right? This is your point?


__________________

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:37 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
So he only ever played with burner knobs, is that right? All the time? Never stopped?


Right? This is your point?


Dude...lol, I just go by what got reported. The report was he had a history of playing with burners. If he had a history of playing with toys that isn't alarming. The burners are.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Dude...lol, I just go by what got reported. The report was he had a history of playing with burners. If he had a history of playing with toys that isn't alarming. The burners are.


And how many times did that result in a fire before this fire?



I know you live in luxury so you may not be familiar with things like burners. But even the ones from the 50s were "child proof" as in, you have to push them in before you can rotate the knobs to ignite the burners.


__________________

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:43 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Gender: Male
Location: Sanctum of Innocence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
A female terran(aka, a person from earth) got mad when she was cooking and he lifted the lid on the pot to see what it was.

Oh yeah, makes sense now.


__________________
And from the ashes he rose, like a black cloud. The Sin of one became the Sin of many.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:47 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
And how many times did that result in a fire before this fire?



I know you live in luxury so you may not be familiar with things like burners. But even the ones from the 50s were "child proof" as in, you have to push them in before you can rotate the knobs to ignite the burners.


I don't even know what to say here lol. I use a stove all the time. Come on bro. I'm just pointing out what the story said. No, he obviously didn't have a history of burning shit down, but yes playing with burners.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't even know what to say here lol. I use a stove all the time. Come on bro. I'm just pointing out what the story said. No, he obviously didn't have a history of burning shit down, but yes playing with burners.



Great. So you agree with me that it is not possible to watch small children 24/7 and that this was clearly an accident?


__________________

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:49 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Great. So you agree with me that it is not possible to watch small children 24/7 and that this was clearly an accident?


It was an accident, the kid didn't do it on purpose. I do wonder if steps could have been taken to prevent this, given his history of playing with burners.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
It was an accident, the kid didn't do it on purpose. I do wonder if steps could have been taken to prevent this, given his history of playing with burners.


Hooray! Look at this! We came to an agreement. A middle ground.


WEEEEE!


__________________

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:53 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Gender: Male
Location: Tokyo City

A two year old

And

A three year old

At the same time

Is Too Much To Handle For 1 Person 24/7


https://childrensmd.org/browse-by-a...ve-terrible-3s/

https://www.todaysparent.com/family...errible-threes/

A LOT of people struggle with parenting with kids that age.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:56 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shiv
A two year old

And

A three year old

At the same time

Is Too Much To Handle For 1 Person 24/7


https://childrensmd.org/browse-by-a...ve-terrible-3s/

https://www.todaysparent.com/family...errible-threes/

A LOT of people struggle with parenting with kids that age.



6. Touch your 3-year-old, many time per day:


(please log in to view the image)


JK, JK, they could have worded that much much better. "Give your 3-year-old child lots of affection throughout the day."


__________________

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 12:01 AM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Hooray! Look at this! We came to an agreement. A middle ground.


WEEEEE!


Lol...we've agreed plenty of times, you act like it is rare.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 12:04 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: The Throne Of The House Of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
A you familiar with the concept of a strawman?


Look at what I said.


Look at what you said.


Did you address what I said?


No. You didn't. You responded to something no one posted but quoted me.


Shame.

(please log in to view the image)


You are the one who contended that 24/7 supervision was an absurd standard to apply to parents. I responded EXPLICITLY to thst reality.


__________________

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:50 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 08:12 PM.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Deadliest fire in NYC in 25 years claims 12 victims

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.