KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Deadliest fire in NYC in 25 years claims 12 victims

Deadliest fire in NYC in 25 years claims 12 victims
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay it is burners. If it was curiosity there would be a variety of shit. But it was burners.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
The boy wasn't alone. He was with his mother. And his mother responded to him when he started screaming.

No problems, here.

The expectation that a parent has to have eyes on their small children, 24/7, is absurd. It's not possible.

This is just a very shitty accident.

Why is monitoring a young child properly an absurd notion?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:31 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

My thing is he had a history of this. No, not a history of just in general getting into shit, but specifically playing with burners.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

A you familiar with the concept of a strawman?

Look at what I said.

Look at what you said.

Did you address what I said?

No. You didn't. You responded to something no one posted but quoted me.

Shame.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:36 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Okay it is burners. If it was curiosity there would be a variety of shit. But it was burners.

So he only ever played with burner knobs, is that right? All the time? Never stopped?

Right? This is your point?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:37 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So he only ever played with burner knobs, is that right? All the time? Never stopped?

Right? This is your point?

Dude...lol, I just go by what got reported. The report was he had a history of playing with burners. If he had a history of playing with toys that isn't alarming. The burners are.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:42 PM
dadudemon

Dude...lol, I just go by what got reported. The report was he had a history of playing with burners. If he had a history of playing with toys that isn't alarming. The burners are.

And how many times did that result in a fire before this fire?

I know you live in luxury so you may not be familiar with things like burners. But even the ones from the 50s were "child proof" as in, you have to push them in before you can rotate the knobs to ignite the burners.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:43 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

A female terran(aka, a person from earth) got mad when she was cooking and he lifted the lid on the pot to see what it was.

Oh yeah, makes sense now.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:47 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And how many times did that result in a fire before this fire?

I know you live in luxury so you may not be familiar with things like burners. But even the ones from the 50s were "child proof" as in, you have to push them in before you can rotate the knobs to ignite the burners.

I don't even know what to say here lol. I use a stove all the time. Come on bro. I'm just pointing out what the story said. No, he obviously didn't have a history of burning shit down, but yes playing with burners.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:47 PM
dadudemon

I don't even know what to say here lol. I use a stove all the time. Come on bro. I'm just pointing out what the story said. No, he obviously didn't have a history of burning shit down, but yes playing with burners.

Great. So you agree with me that it is not possible to watch small children 24/7 and that this was clearly an accident?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great. So you agree with me that it is not possible to watch small children 24/7 and that this was clearly an accident?

It was an accident, the kid didn't do it on purpose. I do wonder if steps could have been taken to prevent this, given his history of playing with burners.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:51 PM
dadudemon

It was an accident, the kid didn't do it on purpose. I do wonder if steps could have been taken to prevent this, given his history of playing with burners.

Hooray! Look at this! We came to an agreement. A middle ground.

WEEEEE!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:53 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

A two year old

And

A three year old

At the same time

Is Too Much To Handle For 1 Person 24/7

https://childrensmd.org/browse-by-a...ve-terrible-3s/

https://www.todaysparent.com/family...errible-threes/

A LOT of people struggle with parenting with kids that age.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:56 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by shiv
A two year old

And

A three year old

At the same time

Is Too Much To Handle For 1 Person 24/7

https://childrensmd.org/browse-by-a...ve-terrible-3s/

https://www.todaysparent.com/family...errible-threes/

A LOT of people struggle with parenting with kids that age.

6. Touch your 3-year-old, many time per day:

JK, JK, they could have worded that much much better. "Give your 3-year-old child lots of affection throughout the day."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 12:01 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hooray! Look at this! We came to an agreement. A middle ground.

WEEEEE!

Lol...we've agreed plenty of times, you act like it is rare.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 12:04 AM
LordofBrooklyn

A you familiar with the concept of a strawman?

Look at what I said.

Look at what you said.

Did you address what I said?

No. You didn't. You responded to something no one posted but quoted me.

Shame.

You are the one who contended that 24/7 supervision was an absurd standard to apply to parents. I responded EXPLICITLY to thst reality.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 02:50 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote